Dara's condition

Do You Love Me

PREVIOUSLY

 

I didn't know what forced me to do it but soon I was singing mine and Dara's song. I made that song for her and she sang it with me. My voice was low and fading as I kept on singing

Hello y guydo Hello Handsome boy do Hello Hello
meonjeo malgeoreojundamyeon
Hello dodohan girl Hello gwiyeoun girl Hello Hello jeogi jamsimanyo Say hello---

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

IL WOO POV

 

 

"Oppa! Dara unnie passed out!!"

I can still remember Minzy's trembling voice as she told me what happened to Dara. I just finished filming and resting until my next take when I heard my phone ring. I got my manager to answer it for me but he just took one look at the caller ID and handed it to me as he said, "Maybe you should pick this one up yourself?"

I furrowed my brows but I answered nonetheless. When Minzy told me what happened, I immediately panicked and ran out of my dressing room towards the car park. I was about to open the driver's seat of my car when my manager stopped me.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Where do you think you're going Il Woo-yah?" my manager said as he held my wrist.

"Hyung! Dara fainted! I need to go back to Seoul fast!!" I answered as I tried to shake off his hand and opened the door. He wouldn't let go but I heard him sigh as he said, "Il Woo-yah... what about the shoot? You still have one more take remember? Can't you go then? I understand you but Dara-ssi... Dara-ssi won't be going anywhere arasso?"

"HYUNG~! THEY'RE TAKING HER TO THE HOSPITAL! THIS IS SERIOUS! SHE... SHE MIGHT NEED ME THERE!!" I shouted.

"Il Woo-yah... I understand but... Dara-ssi won't like it when she woke up and found out that you ditched work... she told you that right?" my manager insisted and added, "just finish this one take fast okay? I'll beg the director for you to take it now instead of later okay? I'll tell him there's an emergency"

I thought about it and nodded in defeat. My take was moved and I only did that shoot in one take. After that I rushed back to the parking lot to find my manager already sitting on the driver's seat. When I told him to move, he just shook his head and said, "You'll get in trouble if you drive. I'll drive you as fast as I can okay? Now just seat on the passenger seat so we can leave"

After a second of thinking, I figured he's right so I just rode shotgun and we drove off.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

And now we're almost at Seoul General Hospital and I couldn't think straight. When my manager was parking the car, I opened the car door and immediately jumped off and ran towards the hospital entrance. The nurses told me to go to the waiting room and I found Dara's parent's, 2ne1, Bigbang and 3 other people from YG including their president there.

This scenario is making me remember the day of Dara's accident before she had amnesia. I was a bit frantic and didn't know what to say. Luckily, a tear-strained Bom came to me and gave me a hug. She's crying to my chest as she kept saying, "You came... You came... Dara... you... Il Woo-yah..."

I couldn't understand her so I tried to pull away. This time, Dara's mom along with Chaerin and Minzy is beside me as well. I looked at Dara's mom as she said, "Il Woo-yah... our Dara..." and she started crying as well.

'What the hell happened? Is she... no.. that couldn't be... but why are this people crying??' I thought as I freaked out a little. I saw Ji Yong in a corner looking at me with a blank expression and the rest of the guys looking anywhere but me. I felt someone's hand in my arms and when I turned I saw Chaerin as she said, "Oppa... ottokhae? Dara unnie.. we didn't mean to... we were watching 2ne1TV and she... she had a headache and passed out..."

She started crying too as she looked down and Minzy added, "Oppa...the doctor said it's serious. Dara unnie... she could... she could die..." and at those words, I heard Minzy's strangled cry as well.

I tried to look strong for them and I seeked out Dara's remaining male family member as I said, "Sanghyun-ah..."

He nodded to me as if he understood. I don't know what to do as well and I'm a mess inside but I couldn't break down in front of them. They need all the reassurance they could get and... I believe that Dara... is not as weak as she let on.

"Omma... Noona's... my Dara noona won't die..." Sanghyun said as he tore off his mom from my side and hugged her. I heard Dara's mom said as she cried, "Sanghyun-ah... THE DOCTOR SAID THERE'S A CHANCE SHE WOULD!"

"Omma.. that's a chance..." Sanghyun added softly again as he said, "I believe in my noona omma.. don't you?"

"I believe in her too..." I said all of a sudden and then Seungri said, "Me too! I believe in Dara noona! She'll get through this!" and then suddenly, YG, Seven and their producer named Teddy together with the rest of Bigbang said they do too.

The girls in the room looked at us and they finally stopped crying and Bom said, "Me too. I believe in Dara..." and CL and Minzy nodded. We were already a bit optimistic at that until Durami suddenly said, "BUT WHAT IF SHE FORGOT US AGAIN?" she cried.

No one spoke for a while until Sanghyun said, "Tell me noona... does she remember us now? No. So... really, we have nothing to lose but if you're afraid that she'll forget what she just remembered then... we'll just make her remember us again noona. We're her family, we can't give up on her... she wouldn't" and then he dragged his mom to sit down.

A few minutes later, I was informed by Minzy as to what happened and the doctors' decisions and I paled a little at their options but I held on to Sanghyun's idea. Whatever happens, we're all here for Dara.

I'm already trying to calm myself down when I remembered another vital member of Dara's life and turned to Chaerin and asked, "Does Min Ho know?"

She smiled sadly and nodded as she answered, "Neh oppa. We told him and... he said he couldn't leave for america like last time yet. He needs to finish his projects but he'll finish it as fast as he could"

"He'll be here soon then.." I said all of a sudden as I tore my eyes off Chaerin.

"Why did you say that oppa?" she suddenly asked and added, "He'll probably finish it by the end of this month though..."

"Two weeks... my bet is two weeks... " I said and added, "There's only two things that could happen... it's either he wouldn't be able to focus and would take longer than necessary or be so into it that he'd finish it at an impossible rate. My guess is the second because I know that guy... he doesn't mess with things that has to do with Dara and...he knows he couldn't lose it now" like I do. I said the last part to myself as I looked at Chaerin again and saw her nod as if she understood and we didn't have any conversation after that.

The doctor said that Dara will stay at ICU for 2 more days by which time, she needs to open her eyes or at least show signs of conciousness before she could be transferred to a room. They allowed us to visit Dara one by one when it was my turn, I didn't want to leave.

I gave Dara a soft kiss on the forehead and bade my goodbye and walked away. I saw everyone waiting for me at the waiting room and I just nodded when Dara's mom insisted that she'll be the one staying this time. "Not again..." she kept saying so I finally relented and went back to mine and Dara's apartment and had the longest sleep of my life.

 

 

JI YONG POV

 

 

Everytime I come close to you (everytime I'm feeling you)
Feel like I'm gonna dream everytime (I get butterfly)

Yeah
You're special to me
Your turn
La la la
La la la
Yeah my butterfly

 

I kept listening to my old songs. The one's I made for Dara whilst we were together. Whilst I was so madly in love with her and kept thinking where it's gone wrong.

I'm back at Bigbang's dorm in my room with my members. I don't stay here much but after Dara's accident, my members, including Top hyung decided that we should all try living with each other again. I'm feeling blank with everything that's happened like I'm devoid of all emotions.

'But that's not true is it? cos you're feeling' my mind insisted and added, 'you're so hurt and so lost and hurting so much that you're choosing to ignore how you feel'

My eyes start watering then and I just closed my eyes and let my tears fall. Ever since I've been with Dara I always felt like the ruler of the world. I felt like I'm flying so damn high that I didn't even realize that Dara was the wind beneath my wings. I flew low when she forgot about me and now... I'm crash landing as I remembered her body lying on that hospital bed.

'She didn't deserve it... Dara. The pain... the sufferings... this amnesia thing... she didn't deserve it all. But when it happened to her... she just let it like it's meant to' I thought to myself sadly as I pulled in the covers and let the songs lull me to sleep but before I was able to though, I heard a soft knock on the door and Youngbae's voice as he said, "Ji Yong-ah.. come out here... we need to tell you something"

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

At the hospital

 

"Dara-yah... it's omma... can you hear me?" Dara's mom asked the sleeping body of her daughter beside her as her eyes spilled tears and she said and added, "Why are you hurting and not telling omma huh? Dara-yah... omma is hurting because of you. My beautiful daughter is in pain and I am always the last person to know... why don't you tell me Dara-yah?"

Dara's mom kept crying at the bedside of her daughter for a good ten minutes until she heard loud and fast beeping coming from the machine beside Dara. Her daughters' face is devoid of facial expression but the loud beeping is making her anxious so she rushed out and called in a nurse. When the nurses heard the beeping, she immediately checked the machine before she rushed outside.

When the nurses came back with 6 or 7 doctors, Dara's mom was ushered out back to the waiting room. Although she was reluctant to leave, she finally relented so that the doctors could work in piece. Dara's mom gets anxious by the minute because the nurses comes and goes inside the ICU room but no one tells her anything.

After 3 hours, the doctors came out of the room and when one of them saw Dara's mom he went to her and said, "Mrs. Park... I was expecting to not see you here..."

Dara's mom wasn't up to jokes at the moment and instantly glared at the doctor as she pleadingly asked if she could tell him anything about her daughters condition. The doctor was reluctant because there's nobody else but Dara's mom and honestly, he was afraid that she'd pass out as well but decided against it. It was his job to give "The NEWS" to the relatives whether it was good or bad so he just sighed.

"Mrs. Park.. your daughter... I mean.. Dara...she had a seizure earlier, do you know what that is?" when Dara's mom shook her head he said, "a seizure is a... to put it simply, an abnormal activity caused in the brain. Usually, it would involved thrashing body movements but the patient didn't do that but instead only her brain showed the seizure. We did everything we could earlier Mrs. Park to at least stabilize her condition but... her body gave out before we could do so..."

"What are you trying to say doctor?" Dara's mom suddenly asked. She couldn't take it anymore so he asked but immediately wished she didn't when he said, "The patient is in a coma"

 

 

BOM POV

 

 

"Neh Auntie... neh... arasso... komawo.. take care too...okay.. bye.." Chaerin said as she hanged up the phone.

We're back in our apartment and the boys went back to their dorms as well. We couldn't sleep due to this day's happenings so we decided to stay the night up. I don't know why but it feels like there's something worse about to happen. I am not praying for it but... I have this instinct that says the worst is yet to come.

I was drinking hot chocolate with the girls when Chaerin's phone rang and when she hung up, she just looked at Minzy then to me as she said, "Dara unnie is in a coma" before she started bawling.

I heard Minzy cried as well beside me and I... I don't know what to feel. I could definitely feel tears running down my cheeks but my feelings are a jumbled mess of hurt, confusion and sadness as I thought of Dara.

'This shouldn't be happening to her. The most radiant girl I've ever met... my bestfriend, my confidant... she's everyone's angel... why.. why does it have to keep happening to her?' I thought as I closed my eyes and looked up.

None of us couldn't stop our cries and none of us dared move in our spot until Minzy said, "Unnie... can we sleep together for the night? I don't want to be alone..." Chaerin and I looked at each other then to Minzy and nodded. As I laid down on Minzy's other side, I turned so they wouldn't know that I'm still crying.

'Why did I stubbornly ask her to remember me? If I didn't... this wouldn't have happened' I thought as I kept crying.

I turned and saw Chaerin fumbling through her phone and realized that she must be texting someone. 'Probably Seungri' I thought and realized that I should text Tabi as well but... I found that my body wouldn't listen to me so I just stayed still and hoped that Seungri would tell them in a nicer way.

 

----------------------------------------------

A/N

 

Heol~! First of all.. I apologize for the short update. I actually planned on a long one where Min Ho returns but putting it here won't give justice to Il Woo and Ji Yong. :(

By the way... I know how conflicted you guys are about Dara's memories. I am too and... I really want to make it work for Dara where she wouldn't have to hurt anymore but... someone reminded me that I'm supposed to be writing an angsty fic and I'm rolling from angst to fluff so... sorry... more plot twist to come.

Thank you for reading and subscribing, upvoting and commenting.

Next one would be a double update so... for now... give me your opinions okay?!

 

with all my love

 

koihernandezkoi