Vacation Pt.5

Do You Love Me

PREVIOUSLY

 

Meanwhile in the U.S.

A man is looking at the blurred photo on the internet about a guy kissing a girl with his arms wrapped around her by the beach. He reached out his phone and dialled a number and when the other line picked up he only said one word, "EXPLAIN."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
DARA POV
 
 
'How can they do this? What's their problem with Il Woo anyway?' I angrily thought as I went inside the elevator. I'm planning to sleep through the entire day. I don't want to meet with anyone of them... especially Bom. 'I just want to not hurt... is that even possible?' I sadly thought.
 
When I got to our floor, I headed straight to our room and plopped unceremoniously in my bed face down. 'It's supposed to be a RELAXING vacation though...' I thought sadly.
 
I was almost falling asleep when I heard soft knocks on the door, thinking it was Bom, I shouted, "Go away!" it got quiet for a while before I heard someone say, "Dara? Bom said you'd be here... can you open the door for me?"
 
'That was Il Woo!' I thought and I immediately jumped off the bed and opened the door. I saw him smiling behind the door and I smiled at him in return and hugged him. He seemed shocked cos he immediately asked, "Is there something wrong?"
 
I laughed and thought, 'How can you read me so easily?' and answered him, "Aniyo.. it's nothing big really" because how can I tell him that I just exploded to my friends? I hugged him tighter and we were quiet for a while until he said, "Tell you what... why don't you change clothes and we'll go around Jeju?"
 
I looked up at him and smiled coyly as I asked, "Like a date?"
 
I saw him smiled nervously and said, "Well... if you don't want to..." I stopped him at that as I tiptoed and gave him a light kiss on the lips and smiled as I said, "Aniyo... I'm just confirming. See you in five~" before I let go of him and closed the door.
 
I smiled giddily on the room as I hopped -- yes, hopped towards my dresser and changed my clothes. Before I left I thought about leaving Bom a message but I decided against it remembering how they treated me earlier. 'Whatever' I thought before I added, 'I bet they wouldn't notice anyway...' and closed the door behind me. I smiled as I saw Il Woo at the lobby and when he saw me he returned my smile and I immediately felt warm.
 
"You ready?" he asked.
 
Instead of answering, I took his hand and intertwined it with mine a I looked at him grinning from ear to ear. "Don't get so excited" he told me but I laughed out loud and said, "But this is my first time in Jeju!" and then we both burst out laughing at the irony of it.
 
He rented a car and we drove all around the island. We stop in some random store to buy food to go but the twist is, we play rock paper scissors first and the loser would be the one buying. We also go to food stands but we always wear our mask on and disguise, we're not afraid of what Bom told us about fans and antis but we don't want to be disturbed at our date so we wore them anyway and people are giving us curious glances wherever we go but we don't care or... we ignored most of them.
 
The whole day was great but the sun is setting down fast, it was getting chilly but Il Woo said we need to go somewhere first. We stopped in a white building and when we got in... I saw many teddy bears!
 
"Welcome to the teddy bear museum Dara" he told me.
 
I looked up to him and smiled as I said, "You kidding? This is heaven. Thanks for bringing me here" and I ran off. I can hear him following me and laughing as he goes. This morning's scenario is totally out of my mind as I ran around the museum. After an hour, Il Woo said we need to go back to the hotel, I told him that I didn't want to go yet but he said that we still need to go back so I begrudgingly walked towards the car and sat on the passenger's seat.
 
We were quiet in the car until Il Woo broke the silence and said, "I heard you got into a fight with Bom earlier"
 
'Not just Bom. I had a fight with all of them ' I thought but said, "It's nothing major..." and looked out the window.
 
"Dara... why did you leave your phone? Bom yelled at me earlier saying you left for Seoul but I told her I'm with you. Is this about us? Are they mad?" he asked.
 
I contemplated if I should tell him but decided against it and instead I sighed and said, "You know Il Woo... I'm happy right now"
 
He was quiet for a second before he said, "I'm happy too"
 
He seems to not have get it so I said again, "I like things the way they are now..." I was waiting for his answer but he only said, "me too" I didn't know what to make of that so I just stared back to the window. We finally got back to the hotel and saw Seungri waiting for us at the lobby.
 
"NOONA!" he greeted me happily, 'Aigoo... how can I stay mad at him when he's that happy?' I thought and before I knew it he barrelled into my direction and tackled me into a hug. "Noona~ Dara noona~ You're okay!!" he said and added, "I have a surprise for you! Noona~ Chaerin is my girlfriend now!" he was so happy that I immediately got infected and said, "Congratulations panda~ I thought I needed to help you first before you man up! kekeke"
 
He stopped jumping after that and looked at me with a blank face but before I commented on it he smiled again and said, "Noona~ I don't need your help with girls" and hugged me again but this time he hugged me tighter and let go. I think I see his eyes tearing up but he looked away and said, "Noona... I will support whatever decision you make because I'm your beloved dongsaeng"
 
I laughed at that and said, "Yah~ what do you mean by that and cute dongsaeng? what about my cute little doongie~? He's my true dongsaeng" He was quiet and totally turned his back on me. I noticed his voice cracked as he said, "Noona~ tomorrow we're going to Seopjikoji and I'll personally give you a tour around Jeju! I've been here a lot of times..."
 
I was about to say that I already had a tour earlier until I saw him bend down his neck and shook. I instantly knew he was crying. I didn't know why and I wanted to know but something is stopping me so instead I just told him, "Sure Seungri... see you tomorrow" I gave him a back hug and walked to the elevator without looking back. I knew that he doesn't want me to see him cry so I didn't and I dragged Il Woo with me.
 
While we're walking on the corridor to our rooms, I saw Bom, Top and Ji Yong talking. When they saw us, they stopped and Ji Yong went inside his room and Top stayed with Bom.
 
"Darong-ah~" Bom said. I honestly don't want to deal with them right now so I said, "Tomorrow Bom. Let's talk tomorrow" and I bid Il Woo goodnight and went inside my room. It took almost 10 minutes before I heard the door open and close again and I knew Bom got in because I smelled her perfume. I heard her sigh when she saw me pretending to sleep. After that I felt the bed next to me creaked and Bom saying, "Goodnight Ssantokki"
 
 
 
BOM POV
 
 
 
 
I was talking with Ji Yong and Top in the corridor in front of our rooms about our plan. I talked to Min Ho earlier and he agreed that Dara needs to remember first. He said he'll be the one to contact her family for help but that we need to start WHEN he gets back to Korea which would be in another month from now.
 
 
 
Flashback
 
 
 
"Why do we need to wait for you Min Ho? I'm sure that we can start without you" I told him after I confirmed to him that it was indeed Dara and Il Woo's picture that he saw on the net. 'Damn that was fast' I thought as I heard Min Ho said, "Right now... who do you think Dara trust? Clearly with the display you guys put earlier you're not thinking that she'd still listen to you. I didn't see Dara get angry as you said but I still remember the last time we fought. By the way, it's best not to talk to her the whole day if you want to apologize.. I assure you, she won't listen. So, point being said on who she trust, I assume you know as well that Dara and her family is not as tight as before the accident and that the only one's Dara would be comfortable with right now is me and Il Woo and if you force her to do something without me... who do you think she'll turn to?"
 
I thought about what he's saying and sighed as I answered, "Jung Il Woo"
 
"Exactly" he answered and added, "She wouldn't turn to her family because Dara is already thinking that she's a burden and we both know that Dara doesn't like to burden anyone. Isn't that the main reason why she FORCED me to get back here?"
 
"Oh. I thought it's because you were called by the director" I said and I heard him grumble and said, "Well... that too but the main reason is that Dara knew about it and forced me back. Anyway, I'll be finishing this movie by the end of next month. Until then, I suggest don't do anything or force her to do something. I will call Il Woo and tell him to ask Dara to watch some more home videos and your variety shows.. I bet she stopped doing that since I left."
 
I was shocked at that so I asked, "She's not watching them anymore?"
 
I heard him sigh as he answered, "I actually talked to Il Woo about it when I left. He said that Dara is having severe headaches with the films so he stopped asking her to watch them"
 
"But how will she remember us then?!" I said angrily and hopelessly. I heard him sigh again as he said, "You know Bom... I actually noticed it too"
 
"What did you notice Min Ho?" I asked him.
 
"Il Woo..." he said and added, "I think... I think he's not hoping for Dara to remember us"
 
"Why would he do that?! He knows that we're Dara's friends!! If he's worried about Ji Yong then he shouldn't be! We're her friends and he doesn't want us to remember her?!! THAT SELFISH BASTARD!" I yelled.
 
"Relax Bom-ah. Think about it... isn't that what you said to Il Woo earlier? That he's already blinded by his love for Dara that he already lost track of the main purpose of his stay?" he said.
 
"You're right Min Ho..." I said and added, "Well... for now we'll wait for you but I'll be talking to Dara's family when we get back to Seoul so you better inform them now"
 
"Right" I heard him say and then the line was cut off.
 
 
Flashback end
 
 
 
I was fighting with Ji Yong on whether we need to get a search party for Il Woo and Dara or not when we saw the two of them walking towards us. We stopped talking and I saw Ji Yong went inside his room. I felt Tabi get closer to me so I got a little braver and said, "Darong-ah~"
 
I suddenly remembered what I've talked about with Min Ho as I heard Dara say, "Tomorrow Bom. Let's talk tomorrow" and bid Il Woo goodnight and went inside the room. 'She didn't even look at me' I thought sadly until my eyes wandered to Jung Il Woo and said, "We need to talk"
 
"I know" he answered so I proceeded and said, "Dara... did she... did she stop watching the home videos?"
 
I heard him sigh as he answered, "Yes. But it's because her headaches are worsening Bom-ah. I swear that's the reason"
 
I believed only part of it but nodded anyways and said, "Il Woo... you have to MAKE her watch those videos. You know she needs it. No rushing so her head won't hurt but... please?"
 
I looked at him and saw him nod as he answered, "I understand Bom. I'll talk to her about it tomorrow okay?" and then he turned to go inside his and Ji Yong's room.
 
I bid Tabi goodnight and went inside our room as well and I saw Dara sleeping on her bed. I sighed and went to my bed as I looked at Dara's back and said, "Goodnight Ssantokki"
 
 
 
SEUNGRI POV
 
 
 
It's our second and last day here at Jeju and I'm determined to make this a happy memorable vacation for Dara noona. I already talked to Chaerin last night and she told me her stories about Dara noona as well. I was at awe when she told me that Dara noona did the same thing that she did for me when Chaerin was criticized for her choice of clothes at a performance.
 
We both admired and respected Dara noona and she totally supports my plan for today. Although we still didn't agree on whether we'd be okay if Dara noona really forgets the past, we've decided to not talk about those things first and focus on making her happy first.
 
I saw everyone at the lobby as we're all waiting for the bus to go to Seopjikoji and I saw Dara noona talking animatedly with Il Woo hyung. When she saw me, she smiled and waived at me and I waived back. I saw everyone looking at me except for Il Woo hyung and Chaerin. Bom noona even had her jealous face on.
 
I dragged Chaerin to noona as I said, "Noona! Noona!!" and let go of Chaerin as I hugged Dara noona. I didn't notice that I was hugging her so tight until I heard Chaerin laugh and say, "Yah~ rat! You better let go of Dara unnie or she'll die of suffocation! Honestly, do you love her or hate her?"
 
I let go of Dara noona and pouted to Chaerin as I hugged her and whispered, "Tell me you're jealous" and she burst out laughing. Our bus arrived and Chaerin and I sat next to Dara noona and Il Woo and I heard Dara noona say, "Chaerin-ah! I've heard the news.. congratulations about you two!" and she hugged Chaerin.
 
I saw Chaerin at the verge of tears from getting overwhelmed so I said, "Noona, you're making my Chaerin cry tears of joy?" and I heard Chae and Dara noona laughed at the same time.
 
No one talked on the duration of our trip to Seopjikoji and when we got there though we were all overwhelmed by the beautiful sight of the canola flowers. 'Honestly, no matter how many times I see this place I still like it' I thought as I felt the romantic breeze of Jeju with the canola flowers.
 
From the corner of my eyes I saw Dara noona and Bom noona talking. I panicked immediately but I saw them smiling and hugging and I thought that everything's fine and I relaxed at that. I looked at my watch and realized that it's almost one o'clock so I went to Chaerin and told her I was off and she nodded and went back to talking to Minzy and I went to where Dara noona, Bom noona and Il Woo hyung are and said, "Noona, hyung... I'll borrow Dara noona for the rest of the day okay?" as I took Dara noona's hand and dragged her away.
 
As we walked I heard Il Woo hyung shout and said, "Bring her back early arasso?" as I heard Bom noona cursing me and I just raised my thumbs up high in recognition to them both but I stopped as I reached the exit as I was blocked by Ji Yong hyung.
 
"Where are you two going?" he said as he looked at me menacingly. I would have been scared before but since I am still mad at him because of Dara noona, I just smiled at him and said, "I'm taking Dara noona on a date hyung! Have fun with them for the rest of the day!" and I walked passed him dragging Dara noona along with me.
 
"Yah! Seungri-ah~ where are we going?" I heard Dara noona a little breathless and I stopped to look at her and realized that we've walked a long way from Seopjikoji already and smiled at her as I answered, "We're going to the dock noona! I'm going to bring you to Udo" I said proudly.
 
I know that she's seen this island already but I doubt they've had enough time yesterday to see Udo Island so I decided to bring her there. As we got into a bus that would send us to the docks, I remembered my conversation with Dara noona last night. 'It's really painful to be forgotten...' I thought sadly and added, 'Why did it have to happen to Dara noona?' I cried last night for her... for her happiness and for our memories. I was serious when I told everyone that I would support Dara noona even if she decided to just forget about our past. Although it would hurt for me, I just don't want her to feel pain of any kind anymore if we can avoid it at all.
 
"What's wrong Seungri-ah?" I heard Dara noona asked. We're already at the docks and we're just waiting for our boat to arrive. I looked at her as I said, "Noona... you are my first date. Although I have dated a lot of girls before, I didn't actually go out with them. We had our first date before and this would actually count as our sixth but... from today on... this could be our first, neh?"
 
I saw her looking at me worriedly and with sad eyes as she said, "Sixth huh? but you'd be okay if this is our first?" and I saw recognition in her eyes and I knew that she understood what I'm saying cos she smiled and added, "Kamsahamnida Seungri-ah. Neomu neomu kamsahamnida"
 
I gave her a smile which she returned and a few minutes later after we boarded the boat, Dara noona said, "Do you think I'm making the wrong decisions Seungri?"
 
I was going to tell her no but I hesitated and Dara noona beat me to an answer as she said, "Don't say things that you don't mean Seungri... for now... I'm glad you understand me"
 
I looked at her and saw that she's looking far out to sea and I looked away as I said, "You're wrong noona. I don't understand you but... I will support you"
 
From the corner of my eye I saw her nod as she smiled sadly and said, "For now... that's enough. Kamsahamnida" and that was the end of our conversation about it.
 
When we got to Udo Island, I rented us a bike and told her that it's the best way of travelling here. I saw her smile at first but after she gripped the handles, she immediately frowned and collapsed on the ground. I panicked but she roused instantly and told me that she's fine and that she just slipped. I knew then that she's not comfortable driving -- probably remembering the crash so I told her that she could ride with me and sent a quick message to Chaerin telling her what happened but reminded her to not call me cos Dara noona might suspect.
 
I pedalled through the entire island with Dara noona riding behind me and yelling 'wee' whenever we go down a downhill slope. I brought her to a restaurant that was recommended to me by Jang Hyunseong hyung, one of YG artists in the acting department and was treated by a free meal by his friend. Dara noona and I feasted that night before we went back to the main island.
 
As we reached the hotel, we saw everyone at the lobby waiting for us and we waived at their direction. I went to Chaerin and started telling everyone what we did. I saw everyone's jealous eyes as they listened to my stories but we all agreed last night that I should start our TRUST CAMPAIGN for Dara noona. Everyone was informed about Bom noona's conversation with Min Ho hyung and we agreed to wait for him first and that we all need to get to Dara noona's good side before he gets here and we start with the real operation.
 
I promised them I'd help them until I see Dara noona hurting and that's where I'd draw the line and everyone agreed. After telling them our story, everyone decided to retire for the night and meet up early tomorrow to go back to Seoul.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N
 
UPDATE for you!!! ;) Kekeke... Mianhe for making their last day like this...but I hoped you like PanDara interactions. it's not romantic of course and their dates... you'll know about it later so don't worry arasso?
 
Tomorrow I'll have this VERY IMPORTANT job interview. If I passed then my sister will lend me money so I can go to 2NE1's concert here in the Philippines cos I won't be able to go to Korea with them.
 
Either way I win so.... I don't really know what to do...I probably won't be able to update though so... till next time?
 
Keep commenting, upvoting and subscribing juseyo~
 
with all my love
 
 
koihernandezkoi