The plan, HIS resolve and... Dara's memory.

Do You Love Me

PREVIOUSLY

 

Chaerin and Minzy started crying silently in a corner and none of us has the capacity to comfort the two maknaes -- even me so I just sat beside them to look at Dara. 'She looks the same girl I've met before... without a problem in the world...' and I heard Min Ho said, "She looks the same doesn't she?" and all I could do was answer one word, "Yes"

 

========================================

MIN HO POV

 

"Would it work?" Youngbae said.

I looked up and saw everyone looking at me with blank expressions and I knew that I have to be honest with them. It's been 2 weeks since Dara's condition worsened. The doctors said that they were a second too late when they put her in an induced sleep. Sure, they've managed to save her life but... they were a bit late in saving parts of her memory.

A week after what happened, we still visited Dara and 'plays' with her. She calls us in nicknames that we didn't even have before the incident. He calls me prince most of the time and even courtsies from time to time. It was that first week when Ji Yong was the last one to go inside her room that I finally decided to talk to the doctor.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Everyone was laughing and playing with Dara when I decided to sit down in one of the chairs far away from her bed. Everyone decided that it's best we stay close to her most of the time and make her happy as much as possible. Everyone is optimistic that this is just another phase that Dara could survive on her own and no one wants to hurt her anymore.

The door suddenly opened and in comes Kwon Ji Yong wearing a white shirt and black pants with a leather cap that he wore back to front. He came so quietly and yet everyone stopped what they were doing to look at the new comer. Kwon Ji Yong walked towards Dara's bed and placed blue flowers like he always does and sat back down in his usual seat at the farthest seat near the window at the back of the room.

Slowly, everyone started talking to Dara again with Ji Yong forgotten in a corner and that's when it hit me and thought that Dara calls all of us in nicknames EXCEPT Ji Yong... I don't think I've ever recalled her even noticing him so I got up from my chair and went to Dara as I made her look at me as I asked, "Dara, do you know that guys name?" as I pointed towards Ji Yong.

Everyone made way so that Dara knew that I was talking about Ji Yong and even he looked up to us in intrigue. I saw Dara smile slowly faded and turned into a scowl as she said, "Of course... everyone knows him!"

I was shocked at what she said and as I looked at everyone's faces, I knew that they were thinking the same thing I am so I got the courage to ask, "Dara... what's his name?" as I pointed to Ji Yong again.

I saw her scowl menacingly towards Ji Yong as she gave him a look with so much hate that I even saw the poor guy flinch as we all heard Dara say, "He's the Dragon isn't he? The Bad Dragon!"

"Bad Dragon? Why Dara? Why is he the bad dragon?" I asked as I thought, 'This is good... this sounds like at least a normal conversation right?'

"Shhh!! We do not talk about the Bad Dragon!" Dara reprimanded me quickly but she sighed as she took away her gaze from him to look at me and said, "Bad Dragon brings headaches... brings bad flowers... brings VERY PAINFUL feelings! Beware of the Bad Dragon!"

"headaches? flowers? feelings? What are you saying Dara?!!" I asked as I shook her and I saw her blinked her eyes twice before she smiled again and said, "Are you gonna kiss me my prince? Sorry but only the most charming prince can kiss me!" as she added a giggle in her speech.

We all fell back and sighed in defeat at that. Ji Yong slipped out after and didn't come back and the rest of Bigbang followed after. The rest of the day was uneventful after that.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

And now, I gathered everyone in my apartment including Dara's brother and mother as Durami takes care of Dara and everyone from YG family and Jung Il Woo.

I told them what the doctor and I talked about and my decision with regards to the matter. I gave it quite a consideration since it would GREATLY affect Dara if things were to go wrong but... the doctor said there is a chance... and I'd take that for Dara.

And now we're back to the present were Youngbae is asking whether it's safe for Dara if we did go through with this plan and I want to be honest with them as much as I can so I took a deep breath and answered in all honesty, "No"

"Then why would we do this?!! We could hurt her more?!!" cried Sanghyun all of a sudden and added, "my noona is like this because we kept pushing her to remember and you want us to MAKE my noona watch Ji hyung and Hi to re enact the scene? ARE YOU CRAZY TOO HYUNG??!"

I want to reprimand Sanghyun for the tone but I understood him and before I could answer him I heard Il Woo speak from the back, "What did the doctors say Min Ho? EXACTLY as they said it... what did they say?"

I sighed again in defeat because I know they wouldn't like it but I decided to compromise with them as I began speaking.

"First of all, I do understand your feelings with regards to the matter but hear me out first okay?" and when I saw them nod, I continued, "The doctors say that she's not responding to medicine anymore..." and I saw them all look at me in confusion so I added, "The medicine that they gave her in her meals to go unnoticed... she's not responding to it anymore. It's supposed to help her brain function properly again but for the past days, they've noticed no improvement" and I saw them all nod in understanding and in sadness.

I took their quietness as an invitation to speak so I continued, "The doctor and I already talked about this when Dara first mentioned Ji Yong... that day, I told the doctor what happened and that's when they started to monitor her thoroughly. Doctor Yool and I talked again this morning before I called all of you and tell you guys that yes... this may be our only chance or else her condition would become permanent"

"Permanent... you mean.. Dara... she.. " Bom said brokenly as she started sobbing in a corner as I look at her with sad eyes and answered the question that wasn't raised and said, "Yes Bom. She's ALWAYS gonna be like that. The doctor said that there are cases wherein a person would start healing once she saw the most impacting scene in her life... although, there is also the chance that... she could lose it all..."

No one spoke for about ten minutes and the girls in the room including Dara's mom already started sobbing until we heard a confident voice from the back which happened to be Ji Yong's as he said, "Let's do it" as he gave me his most determined look.

Everyone suddenly stopped and turned to him as if he's crazy and Il Woo was the first to react as he yelled, "ARE YOU CRAZY?! DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT HE JUST SAID? SHE COULD LOSE IT!! SHE... DARA... SHE WOULD BE HURT MORE!"

I thought Ji Yong would shut up after that but I stand corrected as I heard him yell back, "DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?! I KNOW SHE'D BE HURT AND I KNOW THAT I'M ALWAYS THE REASON BUT.. BUT GODDAMNIT! SHE NEEDS HER LIFE BACK!"

"SHE'S HAPPY!" yelled Il Woo back as he started balling his fist and Ji Yong answered, "COS SHE DOESN'T KNOW! SHE HAS TO KNOW! THAT'S HER LIFE!"

"BUT SHE'D BE HURT!" He insisted and Ji Yong's voice suddenly lowered as he looked down at the ground, body sagged in defeat as he said, "I know... but I just can't help it if... even if she'd hate me... if there's a chance I could make things right for her... I'd do it..."

Another silence followed that as we all contemplated on what the two argued. I understand Il Woo's feelings because I know he loves Dara but I felt Ji Yong's raw emotions in his words. It felt like he was bared when he spoke those words. He sounded so helpless and raw to everyone.

After a while, I heard Bom's faint voice as she said, "I'm in... Ji Yong... let's do this..."

Everyone nodded at once in accordance to Bom except Il Woo as he stood up and looked at all of us as if we're crazy and said, "YOU'RE ALL MAD! I'M NOT HELPING! I'M NOT GONNA GET IN ANY PART OF THIS!" as he headed towards the door and slammed it. Chaerin stood up from her seat as if attempting to follow him but Seungri stopped him as he said, "Il Woo hyung is hurt..."

"I'll talk to him" I offered and they both nodded at that as we all sat down. After a while, I turned to Ji Yong and asked, "Okay, we have to be quick... we'll do this tomorrow night if we get the doctor's permission. Ji Yong, tell us EXACTLY what happened that day and what you said so we can work out a plan" I saw him look at me in fear after I said those words but it quickly disappered when he sighed again and defeat as he started, "First of all, you should know that whatever I did that night... I REALLY REGRET IT..." and then he started telling the story.

When Ji Yong finished, Me, Sanghyun, Seungri, CL, Bom, Minzy and Top stood from our seats and all yelled, "YOU SAID/DID WHAT?" we all saw Ji Yong hung his head in embarrassment as he should. The whole time he was telling us the story I kept getting angrier and angrier and it showed from our collective reaction that I wasn't the only one.

"JI YONG! YOU'RE SO ED UP! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT MUCH LESS DO THAT TO DARA?!!" yelled Bom in anger as Top held her back when he noticed that she's already preparing to take a swing at Ji Yong as he tried to calm his girlfriend down when he is scowling at Ji Yong himself.

"YOU BETTER NOT THINK OF HURTING DARA NOONA AGAIN OR THIS TIME YOU WILL REALLY SUFFER!" yelled Sanghyun and seconded by Seungri.

"Oppa! how could you do that?!!" yelled Chaerin and Minzy simultaneously.

We all saw Ji Yong sinking lower in his seat but we didn't excuse him from our anger. When we were satisfied that we've all yelled at him to our hearts content, I asked everyone to calm down again as I turned to Ji Yong again and said, "Obviously, that is the most impacting and we have to re enact that... let's start a plan now and this time... I am not leaving Dara's side. I will be there to watch you!"

"Me too!" yelled everyone in the room and so we started planning.

After we planned, everyone started leaving my place and when I saw the last person out, I took out my phone and dialled a number. When the guy on the other line picked up, I swear I could hear his words slur as I said, "I'll be there in a sec" and grabbed my keys and was out driving in the next minute.

I found him lying on the rug and I thought that he's really not much of a drinker. I only saw 1 bottle of soju in the table and it isn't even finished yet. I walked towards him and shook him hard as I said, "Yah! Jung Il Woo! wake up! We need to talk"

He groaned and complained but he sat anyways and said, "I don't want to talk.. if this is still about your plan... I told you... I'm not gonna be a part of it.."

"You know you have to..." I told him honestly. Jung Il Woo is definitely at the top of the list of one of the persons I admire next to Dara and my family. I'm Dara's best friend but there are things that I am limited to do and he does it with no effort. The fact that he took care of Dara when he didn't have to is already a plus to me for her but... "You felt it too didn't you?" I told him.

I saw him nod and hung his head lower as he started shaking and his voice broke as he said, "It hurts... memory or no memory, sane or insane... Dara... her feelings for that bastard is already an impenetrable wall that I couldn't break... I mean... I tried Min Ho! God knows I tried!! DO WE REALLY HAVE TO?!" he asked me brokenly.

In all honesty, I also thought of that before. I am the closest male to Dara next to Sanghyun and everyone thought we'd be together eventually but before I could act on anything, Dara already fell for Ji Yong. Since then I've tried everything I can to make her see reason.. to make her see that I'm the one for her especially when Ji Yong makes her cry but... I stopped when I felt it.. that WALL. Dara... she's already fallen for Ji Yong with all her soul and not even me could break it. Once upon a time I felt that with Ji Yong too... like Dara is the only one for him but that faded too... somehow, I think that I'm seeing the old Ji Yong back these days and it worries me again.

I sighed as I looked at the broken guy that is Jung Il Woo as he rest his back at the wall. I wanted to be honest with him because he deserves that, I know from experience what he feels so I said, "Do this for Dara.."

He looked at me as if I'm asking for his life and said, "No. I won't... you guys go do whatever and I'll stay here..." and grabbed the bottle of soju again. I sighed as I looked at him, I knew he is a lost cause when it comes to this but I'm already happy that at least he won't interfere with our decision so I just started walking towards the door but before I got there I heard him ask, "When are you gonna do it?"

I held the door knob and opened the door as I answered, "Tomorrow night" and silently closed the door.

 

 

IL WOO POV

 

 

'Tomorrow night huh? tsk.. damn it... I'm not ready yet' I thought bitterly. I already thought that I'd soon find myself in this situation... where I HAVE to give Dara back... where I must stand and watch as they hurt her to make her remember and honest to goodness I thought I'd be okay with it already but turns out... I'm still not.

"I was hoping for a bit more time..." I said to myself brokenly.

I didn't know when I started drifting off to sleep but when when I woke up, it was already 10am. My head hurts like crazy until I suddenly remembered what will happen tonight and I suddenly wished I slept some more. I don't want it to be TODAY. Can't we make yesterday our today or tomorrow our today? I just don't want today.

I stood up and fell back to the couch as I tried to think of what I'll be doing today. Obviously I won't be at Dara's hospital room because I think they'll discharge her today for their plan and I definitely won't be anywhere near Ji Yong's apartment because they will all be there for their plan.

"So I guess I'll stay at home then..." I said to myself sadly as I stood up again and dragged myself into mine and Dara's room. 'God... will I ever stop thinking this way? It's only been 3 months but... I felt like she's been part of my life since day 1. My life started when she came along and now... they're taking her back...' I sighed again in defeat at the idea of Dara moving away.

I sat at the edge of my bed and looked at mine and Dara's picture and I noticed that in most of them, Ji Yong is somehow in most of them. Even Dara's picture of her talking to the phone animatedly... I remember that she was talking to Ji Yong then. 'So these were the signs then...' I thought. I looked at the pictures more closely and saw more signs of Dara feeling something for Ji Yong and Ji Yong... obviously... flaunts his want for her.

I thought about mine, Dara's and Ji Yong's situation more and somehow got confused in the middle so I decided to toss a coin. Heads says I won't give up on Dara and Tails say I will give up on Dara. When I tossed the coin and saw the result.. I felt disappointed.. and that's when I knew... no... I think even before I saw the results... while I was tossing it... I already knew... in my heart... the answer I wanted and this... this feeling... confirmed it.

"That's it then.." I said to myself and laid on my bed and closed my eyes and prepared to go back to sleep.

 

 

JI YONG'S POV

 

 

So it begins.

I just hanged up the phone with Min Ho and he told me that he and Dara will be here in 5 minutes. I told everyone to get into positions as I started to talk myself into it. I even dyed my hair blonde again for this.

'For Dara... For Dara...' I kept thinking to myself as I closed my eyes and opened them to look at Lee Hi, one of our new talents in YG. We chose her because she's the most disinterested person in this. She agreed although quite reluctantly until Min Ho offered to take him out on a date if this becomes successful and that's the cue for our newest talent to agree wholeheartedly with heart shaped eyes.

"You remember what to do?" I asked him.

"Yep. Cry and cling to you... easy enough..." she answered. I was ticked off by her blaise attitude but decided to let it go. We heard the door opened and I knew, 'it's showtime'

"My prince! Why did you take me here?" I heard Dara ask scaredly and Min Ho soothed her as he said, "Why my princess... do you not like this place?" and added, "it's not black..." as if that would encourage her.

I was surprised when I heard her answer, "You're right... but there's something in this place..." and then we saw them both walking towards the living room and I looked at Min Ho and he mouthed 'GO' and that's our cue so I began.

"Dara, we need to talk"

I started as I stared at Lee Hi who is pretending to be Dara, sitting comfortably on my couch while reading a magazine.

"What is it Ji?" Lee Hi said as she succeded in acting reluctant as she looked away from her magazine to look at me who is acting/relieving the fidgeting from where I'm standing. I made it look like I was eager to tell her something and just like before... she motioned for me to sit down beside her as she put the magazine back to the coffee table.

I sat next to Lee Hi and thought and thought if he's gonna push through with his plan. Then, he remembered what he promised last night to himself. He's doing this for Dara. To give her back her life.

"What are they doing?" I heard the real Dara asked Min Ho and I tried to take a glimpse at her and saw that she's looking at me with her most fiercesome glare and looked away immediately when I caught Min Ho's eyes that told me to continue. I heard Min Ho comfort her and tell her that I need to do this to be a good dragon so I continued and looked back at Lee Hi and said, "Look, Dara, I need to tell you that someone from my past has come back into my life. I knew her years ago but there were so many things that interfered with her and I having a relationship that could not be overcome, but that has passed and now she and I are making another attempt.” 

I stopped for a while there and tried to spare another quick glance to Dara and saw that she's looking at me intently as I looked back to Lee Hi and said, "also, we've been together for so long that I don't even know if this feeling I have is still called love. I... I think... I need to see other women to prove to myself that my love for you is genuine”

At this point, Lee Hi pretended to start sobbing. She didn't say anything like the original scene but just continued crying and held my hand.

"Make them stop..." I heard Dara's frail voice over the silence as she added in a louder tone, "MAKE THEM STOP! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" and dropped to the floor as she held her head and kept clawing at it in frustration. I wanted to stop then too but Min Ho looked determined and asked me to continue which made the 2ne1 girls hysterical and rushed close to Dara and started begging too.

"Ji Yong ah/ Oppa..." Bom, CL and Minzy said together and pleaded and I tried to turn away to continue because I have to and looked at Lee Hi again and said, “She said that she was better for me than you, so I had no choice but to defend our love and prove her wrong… You should be thanking me for this” I said and made hand gestures as if to imply that I'm actually doing her a big favor.

“Please understand that I care for you deeply, but need to finalize my thoughts with her good or bad – for my sake. But I would still like to take you to lunch and call you if that is OK with you. I just can’t see you right now.”

“You are the only really good girl I’ve ever met, I will probably never meet anyone like you again. You are really marriage material. If we stay together, we will get married in a few years, BUT I’m not sure I am ready to commit to one person.” I finally finished.

Saying this again.. I didn't even think it would hurt 30x as much when I'm just re telling the story. I know I've said so many hurtful things to her  that I now totally regrets.

I looked at Lee Hi's direction again who is still not talking but sobbing and holding my hands tightly. 'Same as then' I thought as I felt her hands are cold and shaking. Small drops of tears are falling on my hands and he knew then that it was time to go.

He lets go of her hand and stood up from the couch, I pretended to let out a sigh and said, "Forget about me Dara. Really." That was what I said before he turned my back to her and started walking towards the door but before I opened the door, thin, shaky arms wrapped around his waist.

"Let me go Dara!" I said as I pretended to pry away Lee Hi's hands on my waist. I heard Dara yelling beside me and Bom, Minzy and Chaerin telling me to stop but... I couldn't. I need to finish this for her... she has to remember so I continued.

"Dara, let go! Now!" I yelled as I pretended to sound irritated but failed as my voice is starting to sound off my true feelings. 'I can't do this... it's hurting me too... I don't want to do this' I thought as I pretended to keep trying to pry off Lee Hi who is doing a better job at me in acting as if she really wants me to stay... like the Dara back then. I tried not to think of that when I said my last hateful words to Dara.

"Ugh. Dara! I said, let go!" and with that I took Lee Hi's arms off of his waist and opened the door. This time, Dara didn't stop her and stood helplessly until her knees gave in and she kneeled.

I started to walk out the door but before I could do so I heard Dara yell, "STOP!" as I felt her soft shaking arms holding my wrist.

I turned around and saw Dara's broken expression as she said, "Don't leave!! Don't go!! please!! If you do... you'll regret it!! She'll follow you!! There will be an accident and she'll forget you!! DO YOU WANT THAT?!! NO! DON'T GO!!" and started yelling as she started to shake me.

I tried to keep my emotions at check in case something bad happens but Dara caught me off guard again as she added, "She didn't beg you enough right? If she said something... you would have stayed right? You loved her didn't you? You cared for her? If she told you to stay... you would have, wouldn't you?!" as she stared at me with tear strained eyes as if begging me to tell her yes.

I lost control then so I just hugged her. Looking at her eyes I knew that it's Dara. "You're back. You're finally back" I kept saying as everyone stood frozen from their places.

After about a minute, we heard Dara's mom say, "Dara... is that really you now?"

Dara stopped sobbing and shoved me away forcefully as she turned to look at her mom and answered, "Deh omma... this is really me now.. sorry to make all of you worry..."

"Unnie/Dara/Noona!" yelled everyone in the room but before anyone got to her, I grabbed her wrist back and held it. I was surprised though when she started wriggling free from my hold as she said thru gritted teeth, "We're through weren't we? Where's Il Woo?!! I WANT TO SEE HIM!!" and with that I let go of her hands.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

 

Sorrrry.. was it too long a wait? sorry.... anyway... how is this chapter? good? bad? I want to hear your opinions on this matter.. I got the idea from Do Re Mi and it's cool so I thought I'd do it too.

What do you think will happen DaraWoo now? What is Il Woo's decision? What about Dara? How about DaraGon? and MinDara? Everything will be revealed in the final chapter.. and then... the epilogue..

By the way... I'm sad today because today is the concert of AON in Manila, Philippines. I wasn't able to get any tickets because I didn't have enough funds then and when I did... there was no more tickets to buy. I tried joining in every contest there is although it coincided with my job schedule.. I tried... but... I didn't win any too.. even for the Charity Ball. It but... still... HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY TO 2NE1! Nolza!!

I hope you all have a good bam!

last 2 chapters...

 

with all my love

 

koihernandezkoi