The breakup

Do You Love Me

“I wish I was a kid again, because skinned knees are easier to fix then broken hearts.” 

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

"Let me go Dara!" He, Kwon Jiyong, shouted at his 3-year girlfriend Sandara Park while detaching her arms that are wrapped around his waist. She's been crying and hugging him tightly for the past 30 minutes and he's been getting real tired of shoving her away. He calmly explained to her the reason why they need to break up but Dara just started being irrational and hugged him and wailed.

'Damn this girl is too clingy' he thought to himself as he recounted what happened earlier.

 

FLASHBACK

"Dara, we need to talk"

He started as he stared at his girlfriend who was sitting comfortably on their couch while reading a magazine.

"What is it Ji?" he saw her reluctantly looking away from her magazine to look at him who was fidgeting from where he's standing. He must've looked like he is eager to say something so she motioned for him to sit down beside her as she put the magazine back to the coffee table.

He sat next to Dara and thought if he's gonna push through with his plan. Then, he remembered what he promised last night to Kiko, his ex-girlfriend who recently got back to Korea and their shared love. He was still giddy from their escapade when she made him promise to break up with Dara to be with her and he said he would. Lately, he's been getting zero actions in bed since Dara refused to do it with him. She said she wants to wait until they are married and honestly, he doesn't want to get married yet let alone not have until he would WANT to get married.

So, for him, this is the best decision. He knew he still have feelings for his ex anyway. They had an argument before she left and they didn't really break up so, it's really Dara who was the "other girl", right? That's what's running through his mind when he turned his head to look at Dara and when he looked at her eyes, he was overwhelmed. He could almost see how much she loves him. As if her eyes were shouting those 8 letter word to him. He could feel her warmth and kindness and pureness that he almost took off his stare. But he knows that he could at least give Dara this. She deserves this much. So he started as he looked away,

“Look, Dara, I need to tell you that someone from my past has come back into my life. I knew her years ago but there were so many things that interfered with her and I having a relationship that could not be overcome, but that has passed and now she and I are making another attempt.”

He stopped and looked at her.

He saw her blank expression and thought that it was a good sign so he continued, "also, we've been together for so long that I don't even know if this feeling I have is still called love. I... I think... I need to see other women to prove to myself that my love for you is genuine” he babbled. 

At this point, Dara started sobbing.

She didn't say anything but just continued crying and held his hand. He thought that her silence means that she wants to hear more so he continued with his rants,

“She said that she was better for me than you, so I had no choice but to defend our love and prove her wrong… You should be thanking me for this” he said and made hand gestures as if to imply that he's actually doing her a big favor.

“Please understand that I care for you deeply, but need to finalize my thoughts with her good or bad – for my sake. But I would still like to take you to lunch and call you if that is OK with you. I just can’t see you right now.”

“You are the only really good girl I’ve ever met, I will probably never meet anyone like you again. You are really marriage material. If we stay together, we will get married in a few years, BUT I’m not sure I am ready to commit to one person.” Jiyong finally finished. He knows he said so many hurtful things to her but it was all true. He looked at Dara who is still not talking but sobbing and holding his hands tightly. He can feel her hands are cold and shaking. Small drops of tears are falling on his hands and he knew then that it was time to go.

He lets go of her hand and stood up from the couch, he let out a sigh and said, "Forget about me Dara. Really." That was what he said before he turned his back to her and started walking towards the door but before he opened the door, thin, shaky arms wrapped around his waist.

FLASHBACK END


"Dara, let go! Now!" he's really getting irritated now. He needs to meet with Kiko tonight at 8:00pm at her condo and it's 7:30pm now, if he waits until Dara calms down, he'll be here all night.

"Ugh. Dara! I said, let go!" and with that he took Dara's arms off of his waist and opened the door. This time, Dara didn't stop her and stood helplessly until her knees gave in and she kneeled. Her small voice asking him why was not heard as he slammed the front door shout. Out of their apartment and out of everything.


DARA's POV


I feel like the most pathetic human being on earth. "I don't know where I went wrong. I mean... I love him... I love him so much that it's killing me. What will I do now? Where will I go? He's my life and now he walked out on me for another girl. His ex-girlfriend, he said. What will I do now?" she mumbled to herself as she continued crying.

She loved the guy since she met her 4 years ago. She wasn't in a relationship that time and so was he. She hated everything about him since he was a party prince and she prefers to stay at home. He is such a jerk to her that she swore to all the gods that he would be the last guy on earth that they should couple with her. But, the gods must be crazy. She found herself thinking about the guy far more than necessary. Her thinking turned to worrying and her worrying turned to love. She can still remember the day when he asked her to be with him. He promised to love her forever, take care of her and never make her cry and as he walked out of the door earlier, she realized, he hasn't fulfilled any promise at all.

For 3 years there were times that he cheated on her, he didn't listen to her and always makes her worry. She always cried and always felt pain... she was so ready to break up with him but she can't. She doesn't even want to. She loved the guy too much to always think about the bad things. When he says sorry to her she just keeps giving in to his puppy dog eyes and roses. She forgives him wholly and then weeks after, he'd do it again and he'd apologize and she'd forgive... another cycle.

She smiled bitterly as she thought of those times, "I don't even like roses" she muttered finally before her phone rang.

 

-------

Edited: June 1, 2020 / Moving to my new wattpad account @khk_writer visit me on Twitter with the same @