Chapter 8 Morning

Left and Leaving (Again)

 

 

So Min woke up with her pillow wet. She stared at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were puffy. She had decided to start living happier. Her grandpa would not have wanted her to live in sadness. She took a shower and changed into a blue hooded top and shorts. She was not going to work today since it was a Saturday.

Hyun Joong was pouring coffee into his cup when So Min came down. He was worried if she was still sad over her grandpa.

“Morning.”

“Morning. Are you drinking coffee? Can I have a cup?”

“Sure.”

Hyun Joong felt happy that she was trying to be happy again.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah. I cried myself to bed last night. I’m sure my grandpa would not want me to live in sadness.”

“I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks.”

The silence followed after. They ate their breakfast slowly as both had nothing to do. Hyun Joong broke the silence as he ate the last of his bread.

“Are you free today?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“I was wondering if you want to go on a cruise with me today.”

“Cruise?”

“Yeah, I’m trying to make it up for being a jerk when I left you.”

“Ohh…Actually Hyun Joong. I have already forgiven you. Although I did not want to forgive you but your presence yesterday made me forgive you. You were there for me yesterday.”

“Thanks, so I guess you will go?”

“Yeah, I have nothing to do either way.”

“Okay, we’re leaving at 11 a.m.”

“Okay,” replied So Min as she walked towards the stairs to change.

“By the way…”

“Yes.” So Min turned to face him from across the hall.

“Did I tell you it’s my boat?  Because well it is.”

“What! Your boat?”

“Yeah, mine. I just got it. So, you’re the first person to ride in it…since you’re my wife.”

So Min blushed when he said ‘my wife’. Luckily he could not see it.

“Okay. Cool. I’m going to change.”

“Okay.”

She headed upstairs to change wondering what to wear.