Chapter 15 New Model?

Left and Leaving (Again)

 

 

 

“New model?”

“Yes, a new model. We need someone new. The agency needs a new toy to attract the customers. A swimsuit advertisement is on the market and all the modeling agencies are trying to get the advertisement. We need someone new to be the new face of ‘Kim Modeling Agency’,” concluded Mr. Lee to Hyun Joong.

“Hmm… a new model? Not a bad idea.”

“So I have your approval?”

“Yes, just call me when the interviews are held,” said Hyun Joong with a nod.

“Thank you, Mr. Kim. I’ll be on my way now.”

Hyun Joong dismissed him with his hand. Just as the door closed shut, his phone rang. The caller ID was So Min. Hyun Joong grinned and answered the phone.

“Hyun Joong!” So Min yelled into the phone.

“Oww, my eardrums!” chuckled Hyun Joong. He missed his wife’s childish theatrics. How did he live without it the whole time in America?

“Hyun Joong! Can we have lunch together at the Italian restaurant down the road? I’m finishing my current work in the office for lunch, so can you?”

Hyun Joong did not want to disappoint his wife but he had a lot of work. He didn’t think he can finish it before lunch.

“So Min, I don’t think I can. I have a lot of work to do. I’m so sorry.”

“But you still have to eat…” said So Min.

Hyun Joong hated to hear the disappointment in his wife’s voice but he could not do anything about it.

“So Min-ah…-”

“It’s okay, Hyun Joong, I’ll…do something else.”

Hyun Joong wanted to say something else but just at that moment, his secretary entered.

“So Min, I have to go now. I’m sorry.”

“Okay, bye.”

Hyun Joong disconnected the call.

… … … … … … … … … … …

So Min sighed and kept back her phone. What was she going to do now during the lunch period? She normally didn’t eat lunch but she made the exception for Hyun Joong and he was busy. Maybe she could invite Tae Sung? She quickly called Tae Sung.

The phone rang for a while before a voice came up.

“This number is currently unavailable. Please call again later.”

Sigh. There goes another plan. What was she going to do?

Suddenly an idea struck her. She quickly grabbed her car keys and left the office. Hyun Joong was going to love this.

… … … … … … … … … … …

Hyun Joong was looking through the candidates for the new model. His secretary had told him that the interviews were being held at 2pm and had given him a file containing information on all the candidates. He was reading the biography of one of the candidates when his office door burst open and a familiar voice greeted him.

“Hyun Joong!”

Hyun Joong looked up in surprise at the sight that greeted him-So Min dressed in her work clothes with many Tupperware in her arms. He stood up to help her.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Are you surprised?”

“Of course I am.”

“You said you couldn’t eat lunch with me at the Italian restaurant so I came to eat with you in your office. I even bought food so that we could eat here. Is that okay with you though?”

Hyun Joong laughed. His wife was really too cute. To think that she would go to all lengths just to have lunch with him made his chest expand. He felt grateful that Jung So Min was his wife.

“Why are you laughing? What’s so funny?”

“Nothing. It’s just that you’re so damn adorable. How could a businesswoman like you become like this?” teased Hyun Joong.

Red stained So Min’s cheeks. She also did not know how she became like this. She was only like this when Hyun Joong was involved. She wanted to be a carefree woman. Is this how people feel when they’re in love? You feel that you would move the earth just for that one particular person. So Min lifted her head and stared at Hyun Joong as he opened the containers of food. Could she be so deeply in love with the guy who had betrayed her once and then weaseled his way back into her heart?

“What are you thinking about? You have a strange look on your face.”

Hyun Joong’s voice broke So Min out of her reverie. She put on a smile and answered, “Nothing much. Just about some things at work.”

“Now, now. You came here to have lunch with me so you can’t think about work.”

“Okay, boss.”

Hyun Joong just smiled as both of them sat down to eat the scrumptious feast bought by So Min. Life was sweet.