Chapter 14 Jealous

Left and Leaving (Again)

 

 

 

Hyun Joong arrived home to an empty house. It was almost 7pm when he heard the door open. By that time, he was already jealous like hell. Yes, jealous. He almost wanted to go to the mall and bring So Min home and see who Tae Sung was himself but he did none of them because he knew he would only embarrass So Min for not giving her a living space.

“Hyun Joong? You’re back early.”

“I left the office at 5pm.”

“Oh, why so early? I thought you normally come back at 8 plus?”

“Not today. Today, I have a question that I have to ask you.”

“Oh, you didn’t mention that on the phone. Hold on, do you mind if I put these upstairs first and then come down to talk. My legs are killing me.”

It was only then that he realised she was carrying a few shopping bags. He felt so inconsiderate.

“Need some help?”

“It’s ok, I’ll manage. Just give me a sec,” said So Min and then she went upstairs to unpack.

Hyun Joong said he wanted to ask a question. She wondered what question was that. What question was so important that he was willing to come home from work early? She quickly unpacked a few pieces of clothing that she had bought and a shirt for Hyun Joong that she had bought. Tae Sung had raised an eyebrow when she had bought that but had not asked any questions. After packing, she quickly made her way downstairs.

“So what did you want to ask me?”

“Come have a seat,” invited Hyun Joong. In the short time that she had been upstairs, Hyun Joong had dimmed the lights and poured them both a glass of wine. So Min walked onto the rug and was about the sit on a vacant seat on the couch when Hyun Joong suddenly pulled her onto his lap. So Min made a surprised sound. Hyun Joong just laughed.

“So what did my handsome husband want to ask again?”

“You think I’m handsome?”

“Of course,” So Min blushed.

“Well, I just wanted to ask you who Tae Sung is.”

“That’s all. That was why you came home early?”

Hyun Joong smiled sheepishly.

“Tae Sung is my best friend in college. That’s all.”

“That’s all?”

“Yup, that’s all. What did you think?”

“I thought he was your ex-boyfriend or something,” said Hyun Joong embarrassingly. He had thought too deep into the matter.

So Min continued to stare at Hyun Joong and then it hit her.

“Kim Hyun Joong, are you jealous?”

“No, no,” denied Hyun Joong.

“You are jealous,” laughed So Min.

“No.”

“Yes, you are,” said So Min laughing some more and then proceeding to tickle Hyun Joong. Hyun Joong had always been ticklish since childhood also.

“Stop! Stop, So Min.-Okay, okay, I’m jealous. Happy?” said Hyun Joong laughing.

So Min stopped tickling Hyun Joong and snuggled into his chest.

“You were jealous,” said So Min happily.

“Yes.”

After that, they just sat in each other’s embrace.

Hyun Joong broke the silence with a question. “What do you mean he is your best friend?”

“What?”

“I mean aren’t I your best friend?”

“You were,’ said So Min quietly.

“Past tense?”

“You left me, remember? No doubt, I have forgiven you but during that time, I would have found another best friend. You didn’t exactly expect me to be friendless in college, did you?”

“No, So Min. That’s not what I mean. If Tae Sung is your best friend then what am I to you?”

So Min regained her bubbly self. “Why? Jealous again?”

“No, it’s just that I want to know my position in your heart.”

Hyun Joong already knew So Min’s position in his heart. Her position was of the highest place.

“You are my husband and my lover.” ‘And my love,’ said So Min in her heart. She wasn’t going to tell Hyun Joong that important piece of her heart till she felt it was right.

Hyun Joong was disappointed. He had wanted to hear So Min say that he was her love but it might have been top early as it was just not a few months ago, she had forgiven him. ‘Love will come with time.’ That was what his grandmother had told him before she passed away a few years back.

“You are the same to me, So Min. My wife and lover. Mine.” Hyun Joong couldn’t help adding in the possessive ‘Mine’ to remind So Min that she belong to him and only him and no one else, not Tae Sung, not anybody and then he kissed her.

The kiss started out slow and the fire in them slowly built as their kiss built its own flame. Desperate hands fumbled with the other’s clothes as both of them were reminded of yesterday night. With the same and yet stronger intensity, Hyun Joong brought So Min to greater heights that only he could bring So Min too as So Min’s heart belong to him and him to her.

Although they have yet to know of each other’s heart.