Chapter 19 Similar Shapes Of 3

Left and Leaving (Again)

 

So Min was preparing for work when her phone rang. It was already noon and Hyun Joong had already left for work. She had overslept due to the countless soju last night. So Min quickly picked up her phone.

“Jung So Min speaking,” said So Min as she cradled the phone on one shoulder and put on her lip gloss with her right hand. There was a lot of throat clearing before she could finally hear a voice.

“Morning, So Min.” Tae Sung.

“Morning,” So Min greeted back. Okay, what should she do now? She didn’t expect Tae Sung to call her so soon. Perhaps it was just a trick of hearing? She should check her ears. Perhaps…Should she freak out at him over his ‘I love you’ or should she act nonchalant? She picked the latter.

“About yesterday…”

“Yes? About yesterday?” So Min prompted. Act nonchalant.

Another call came through at that moment. So Min lifted her phone off her shoulders to check who was calling her. Hyun Joong. So Min smiled for a brief second, stopping short when she remembered that Tae Sung was still on the phone. She answered Hyun Joong’s call with a brief, “Hold on.”

“Tae Sung? You still there?” asked So Min.

“Yeah, you see, about yesterday...”

“Nothing happened right? Hey, I’m sorry, I got to go. Hyun Joong’s on line 2. Is that okay with you?” Nothing better than to get of the conversation for now. Did she protest too fast? She hoped not.

“Yeah, I guess. Sure, go ahead,” answered Tae Sung, sounding surer of himself.

“Okay, thanks, bye. You might want to have some aspirin to get rid of the splitting headache you have now. Bye,”

“By-”

She hung up before she heard Tae Sung’s reply. She clicked on Hyun Joong’s call.

“Hey, hubby. Sorry, for the wait, Tae Sung was on the phone earlier. I was just leaving for the office.”

Hyun Joong’s voice rang clear through the receiver, “Hey, I was wondering if yo-Wait! Tae Sung called?” Did his wife remember about the ‘I love you’ thing?

“Yeah, he did,” replied So Min. She knew what he wanted to know, “Nothing happened. Don’t worry. I just told him that too.”

“You sure?” Hyun Joong did not feel good about his wife’s nonchalant attitude regarding the man who just unconsciously pronounced his love for her.

“Yeah, so, you were saying?”

“Oh, right, do you want to have lunch together before you go for work? You’re in your car now right?”

“I’m entering my car, actually.”

“Great. Stop by my office and we’ll have lunch together at the bistro opposite my office. Is that okay with you?”

“Sure, I haven’t even eaten breakfast yet. See you…in 10 minutes?”

“Okay, I’ll just finish up here.”

So Min snapped her phone lid shut. What should she do about Tae Sung? Did he love her in a romantic way or in a family-type of way? She loved Hyun Joong. Sure, she loved Tae Sung but as a friend. What should she do?

“Arghhhh, my brain is so messed up,” yelled So Min to herself. She’ll think about it later. Now, she had a lunch date with Hyun Joong.

So Min pressed the reverse pedal and reversed her car out of the parking lot. One step on the oil pedal and she was off to her husband’s office.

… … … … … … … … … … …

So Min arrived promptly at 1 pm. She made her way up, saying hi to all the employees that she had become used to seeing. Before she could knock on Hyun Joong’s office door, he already opened it. So Min smiled.

“I could hear you with all your ‘hello’s’ a mile away,” chuckled Hyun Joong.

So Min blushed.

“Come on, have a seat, just let me send this one email and we are good to go,” said Hyun Joong as he opened the door wider to let her through and pointed to the black leather couch he had in his office.

So Min entered, pecked Hyun Joong on the lips and sat down. Hyun Joong blushed and quickly closed his office door at the risk of his employees seeing him going soft all because of a kiss-So Min’s kiss. Hyun Joong resumed his seat at his desk and quickly sent out his email.

“Done,” said Hyun Joong as his monitor clarified the mail sent. So Min rose from her seat as Hyun Joong grabbed his blazer jacket. Together, hand in hand they walked to the bistro across Hyun Joong’ office. They arrived just in time to snatch the last table. The bistro was a full house.

“What do you want to eat?” asked Hyun Joong.

So Min stared at her menu.

“I’m going to have a charbroiled steak. Have you made up your mind?” asked Hyun Joong again.

So Min stared at the menu some more.

“So Min?” Hyun Joong prompted.

“I don’t know what to eat. The fettuccine marinara looks good as well as the spaghetti carbonara,” So Min pouted.

Hyun Joong laughed. Typical of So Min to get flustered over two choices.

“Don’t you dare laugh at me, Kim Hyun Joong!”

“Okay, okay, how about this? You have this game on your phone right? The one where you shake your phone and it will either be all three same shapes or three different shapes, right?” asked Hyun Joong.

“Yeah…but what does that have to do with my food?”

“Okay, hand over your phone.”

So Min handed over her phone, curious with what Hyun Joong would do.

Phone firmly in hand, Hyun Joong said, “Here’s what we’re gonna do, I shake this and if we get all three same shapes, you order the carbonara; if not, you order the marinara, okay with you?”

So Min nodded. Hyun Joong shook the phone. All 3 same shapes.

“Carbonara it is,” confirmed Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong signaled the waiter over and quickly placed their orders before So Min changes her mind. He also added an order of a basket of garlic bread and two ice lemon teas. So Min just continued shaking her phone. The waiter left just as So Min kept her phone back in her bag.

“Done?” teased Hyun Joong.

“Yes, done,” said So Min without flinching causing Hyun Joong to laugh. So Min narrowed her eyes at him, looking like a little kid who did not get her ice-cream. Hyun Joong laughed some more. It really was hard to keep a straight face with So Min around. So Min crossed her arms and faced away from him.

“Okay, I’m sorry, So Min. Can you please look at me?” asked Hyun Joong after his laughs subsided.

So Min still remained silent.

“Please, So Min, pretty please?” pleaded Hyun Joong teasingly.

So Min still remained silent. Hyun Joong gave up and reached over the table to tickle her. So Min’s loud giggle made the other restaurant customers turn to stare at them. So Min and Hyun Joong turned bright red.

“Yah! Stop, Hyun Joong, people are looking,” So Min whispered.

“Forgive me first?”

“Okay, okay, now get off me, you goon!”

“Goon?! Oh, you’re getting it when we go home.”

So Min just stuck her tongue out at him. Before Hyun Joong could respond, their food arrived. Hyun Joong and So Min ate in silence except for the occasional times of Hyun Joong stealing So Min’s food and getting a playful glare from her. Besides that, lunch was pleasant.

So Min would think about Tae Sung later as would Hyun Joong who isn’t too happy about another man setting his sights on his wife. Now, let’s just have lunch!

 

Hey people! Long time no upload huh? Yeah, my fault. So enjoy the chappie, hope you guys like it. Another one coming right up.