Chapter 16 Day Out

Left and Leaving (Again)

 

 

 

‘Ms. Lee Si Young,

 

Congratulations!

            Please note that you have been invited for the final round of interviews to work as a model. Details are as follows:

Monday, 26th March 2012, 2.30 p.m.,

Kim Modeling Agency

Kindly bring a few A4 sized shots of yourself.

 

Regards,

Kim Hyun Joong,

CEO, Kim Modeling Agency.                                                                                            

 

Lee Si Young smiled as she folded back the acceptance letter. She wanted this job and she was making sure she got it. She was making sure that she got it famous too. She then proceeded to drink her coffee with a smile on her lips.

… … … … … … … … … … …

Hyun Joong woke up with a smile on his lips. So Min was still sleeping in his arms. Today was Sunday. Thus, he could wake up late. Though, he wouldn’t mind waking up to So Min like this forever.

Rays of sunlight entered into the room. Hyun Joong glanced at the clock across him. 11.00 a.m. He untangled himself from So Min and stretched his body. He left the bed and headed into the shower. After showering, he went downstairs to cook So Min a nice wake-up-breakfast.

… … … … … … … … … … …

“Hyun Joong?”

So Min mumbled as she turned to touch the space beside her. Surprise woke her up when the space came up empty.

Where was Hyun Joong?

Just at that moment, Hyun Joong came in carrying a tray. He stopped short when he saw So Min awake before a small smile flitted across his features.

“Morning,” said Hyun Joong as he laid the tray on the bed next to So Min, “What do you think of breakfast in bed, hmm?”

So Min yawned and rubbed her eyes, taking a quick look at the clock as she did so. 12.01 p.m. Wow, she had never slept this late before. She looked back at Hyun Joong.

“Where were you?” asked So Min in her sleep-filled voice before clearing and asking again.

“I was making a nice breakfast as a wake-up call for you, but then,” Hyun Joong mock pout, “you had to wake up and ruin my beloved, ecstatic, awesome, happy and delicious surprise.”

So Min’s laughter filled the room at Hyun Joong’s facial expression as well as his exaggeration on the breakfast. “Okay, okay, I get it. Do you want me to wake up again so that you can wake me up with your beloved, ecstatic, awesome, happy and delicious surprise?”

Hyun Joong smiled and shook his head. “Come on, eat up, I prepared rice and kimchi soup along with a few dishes. Do you want to eat in bed or downstairs seeing as it’s already lunch?”

“Do you mind if I ate downstairs? I really want to take a shower first. I meet you downstairs?” So Min replied.

“Okay, don’t make me wait too long. I have things planned out today for the both of us seeing as we have the whole day ahead of us.”

So Min quickly nodded and made a beeline for the bathroom.

“Did you really have to hurry away from me?”

“You said to hurry!” So Min stated incredulously.

So Min only heard Hyun Joong’s chuckle as she close the door and got to shower. Ahhh… the bliss of a shower.

So Min came down after 15 minutes dressed in a simple t-shirt and boy-shorts. Hyun Joong was just taking out extra dishes from the oven when he heard So Min laughing again.

“What?!”

“You-you are wearing baking gloves,” she continued laughing, “You look so sissy!”

Hyun Joong looked lost for a moment before he smiled wickedly. “Sissy, you say?”

Oh, oh. “Hyun Joong…” So Min warned.

Hyun Joong chased her around the house all the while laughing. He finally caught her by the sofa. Both of them fell on the sofa with a thud. So Min was still giggling until she felt a soft pressure against her lips. So Min eyes got wide and then she was responding to Hyun Joong’s kiss as well. Hyun Joong gently plied open her lips with his tongue. Their tongues mingled and played softly. Unlike the other kisses, this kiss was sweet and simple and yet it touched her heart. The kiss ended as quickly as it started. Hyun Joong lifted his head and smiled a cocky smile.

“Still think I’m sissy?”

“Yes,” So Min said as she looked at his hands-that were still clothed in the baking mittens and giggled softly.

Hyun Joong groaned and quickly removed them.

“Now?”

“Now, you are my handsome, charming, girly husband.”

“You are relentless aren’t you, So Min?” chuckled Hyun Joong as he pecked So Min on her lips before lifting himself off the couch and standing straight beside the sofa. He offered a hand to So Min. So Min grabbed his hand and hoisted herself up. They both headed to the kitchen for an overly-delayed lunch.

… … … … … … … … … … …

“Where are we going?” asked So Min.

“Just wait and you’ll see.”

After a few minutes, So Min gasped in surprise. “You’re taking me bowling?!!”

“Isn’t it obvious?” chuckled Hyun Joong as he looked at her reaction. He felt happy just by looking at her face. He had promised himself that he would never make So Min cry ever again.

“You remembered?” asked So Min with a faraway look in her eye. The both of them used to play bowling together before Hyun Joong left. So Min shook her head to erase the unhappy memories. She had forgiven Hyun Joong and this was their new life together.

“Of course I did,” Hyun Joong turned So Min to face him and held her hands in his, “How could I forget? Every time I see a bowling arena, I remembered you. Every time,” he emphasized. Tears were b in So Min’s eyes. Hyun Joong wiped away a tear that fell and slightly chuckled, “Come on, let’s compete!” So Min put on a smile and pecked his lips.

“Let the game begin.”

They played till late evening. They finally decided to call it a draw. After that, they had dinner at a simple store in an alleyway that and then walked home. They had decided not to take their cars today. They arrived home around 10 p.m.

“Today was nice,” said So Min as she unlocked the door.

“Yes,” agreed Hyun Joong.

So Min yawned as she and Hyun Joong went to bed.

“Come on, So Min. Time for bed,” said Hyun Joong as he saw her yawning.

“Hey! Don’t treat me like a kid!” said So Min indignantly.

Hyun Joong just chuckled as he led her to their bedroom. So Min just smiled.

It was time for bed. Nighty Night.