Chapter 6 News

Left and Leaving (Again)

hey, sry, sry, sry, wrong upload, tis is the correct one. forgive me? im uploading two more chappies as my punishment.:(

 

Two weeks has passed. So Min and Hyun Joong were both busy at work and were rarely home. Last night, they both came home nearly midnight and immediately went to bed.

……………………………

So Min woke up to the sound of her door opening. She has always been a light sleeper. It was already morning but it wasn’t time for her to wake up yet. She opened her eyes to see Hyun Joong with only a towel around his waist. She screamed.

“What are you doing here?”

“What? I’m only taking my clothes.”

“What!”

“I had to put it here to please your grandpa remember???”

She scrambled her brain for the memory of her moving in. Red color stained her cheeks when she remembered.

“Sorry, but still, you can knock the door right?”

“I forgot. I’m not use to knocking doors when I live alone. Or you could say. ‘use to live alone’.”

“Me too.”

She silently cursed herself for not locking the door. It was partly her fault. Not that he was going to know.

“Hurry up! I also want to go to work.”

In truth, she could feel herself getting redder as she looked at the half- Hyun Joong. His muscled chest was colored to perfection with biceps on his arms. He quickly took his clothes and went to his room to change.

She brushed the thoughts out of her mind and quickly showered and changed into a knee-length turquoise colored dress. She looked feminine and cute. She grabbed her bag and quickly went down for breakfast. Her breakfast consisted of a cup of coffee and an oatmeal bar.

“Is that all you’re eating for breakfast?”

She turned around to see Hyun Joong staring at her breakfast.

“Yes, I thought that you would have better memory, since, not too long ago, you ‘were’ my best friend.”

“Yeah, I can still be. Either way, I just thought that you might have changed your appetite.”

“Too bad.”

She headed to the door.

“Are you coming?”

“Yeah, hold on. I’m driving okay.”

“No, I want to drive.”

“No, I’m driving.”

“Fine.”

He finished his coffee and headed out to his car. So Min was already in the car waiting. Hyun Joong opened the car door and slipped in.”

“I’ll just drop you at your office right?”

“Yes.”

He started the engine and back out the driveway. They were half way to So Min’s office when her phone rang. Who could it be so early in the morning?

“Hello?”

“So Min. Where are you now?”

It was her mum. She sounded upset.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Your grandpa…”

“What’s wrong with grandpa mum? What is it? Is he okay?”

She feared for what her mum will say next. She did not want it to happen. Hyun Joong sensing something was wrong stopped at the side of the road.

“He passed away this morning at 6.30 a.m.”

“What!”

Tears started falling down her cheeks. This could not be true.

“Please tell me this is not true, please.”

“I’m so sorry, So Min. The funeral’s tonight.”

She could hear her mother crying over the phone. She off her phone and cried. The worst had happened. Her grandfather had left her. The only one who truly understood her. It was exactly like how Hyun Joong had left her.

“What’s wrong?”

“Grandpa…grandpa passed away.”

“What!”

“The funeral’s tonight.”

“I’m so sorry, So Min.”

He hugged her hoping to console her with his warmth. She cried onto his shirt staining it with salt water.

“Come on, let’s go home and prepare for the funeral.”

“What about your work?”

“It’s okay. I’m sure my dad will understand.”

“Okay, let’s go.”

 

They spent the whole day helping So Min’s parents prepare for the funeral. Sometimes, Hyun Joong will catch So Min crying alone, but, he could do nothing about it. His heart hurt to see her cry. Without noticing, he had already fallen for her although it is not very deep yet. He is starting to love her.

JJJJJ