Chapter 21 Breaking Heart

Left and Leaving (Again)

 

Husband!

Tae Sung leaned back, baffled, nearly falling flat on his back as they were only sitting on cushions. His face was a carved image of shock, his mind blank. So Min reached out a caring hand towards him.

“Tae Sung, are you okay?”

Tae Sung nodded but his shaking voice stated otherwise, “Yeah, I’m okay.”

“Why are you so shocked?” asked So Min.

Why shouldn’t I be shocked? This girl-lady-that I have always loved suddenly tells me she’s married, who wouldn’t be shocked?

Hyun Joong chose to arrive at that moment. Tae Sung never wanted to punch someone as much as he wanted to punch Hyun Joong at that moment. But he didn’t. Hyun Joong grabbed the seat next to So Min, folding his legs beneath him, on the cushion.

“So…what did I miss?” asked Hyun Joong, his voice curious. Using his right hand, he signaled for a waiter.

“Nothing much, we were was just talking about you,” said So Min, smiling although her smile didn’t quite reach her eyes. She was still worried about Tae Sung’s reaction to her news.

Hyun Joong’s eyebrows lifted up quizzically as he sat down, wondering what they had been saying about him. The waiter arrived and Hyun Joong quickly placed orders for all three of them. He placed an order for two plates of meat and two bottles of soju.

“So, you guys are married?” asked Tae Sung, as calmly as he could. Inside he felt a raging fire that was burning his heart slowly.

“Yeah, for quite some time already actually. Why do you ask?” replies Hyun Joong. So Min intercepted before Tae Sung managed a reply, “Oh, I just told Tae Sung. I didn’t realize that I didn’t tell him,” she turned towards Tae Sung, “I’m really sorry for that, Tae Sung, I thought I told you,” So Min’s face was a picture of guilt.

She thought! As much as he wanted to yell at So Min and cry for his love, he could not do so. He had no right. Tae Sung found it hard to blame So Min or even feel angry. All he felt was numbness. He wanted to be mad or angry but he couldn’t. Hell! It would be easier he could; then at least he could vent it at someone. So Min was still looking at him with the guilty face, waiting for him to say something. He managed a grim smile before creating a lame excuse just to leave, “I’m sorry, I just remembered that I have something to do. I’ll be taking my leave first then.” There was only so much a guy can take in a day. So Min looked like she wanted to protest but she stayed silent. Tae Sung stood up and walked off.

Tae Sung walked to his car, all the time barely noticing anything. Everything was a blur to him. He had parked his car in the basement and it was a good thing that he had rented a good car. A fast car. He clicked the lock on the car, entered the car and started the engine. He reversed his car out of the parking lot. Once he was out on the highway, he sped. Fast.

He tightened his grip on the stering wheel. The speedometer on his car increased.

His heart hurt.

His heart clenched again and again. He wanted to cry, laugh and sob like a child all at the same time. Was this what people called heartbreak? Wasn’t it better to not ever fall in love then? To not be able to get the thing you want, especially when you want it so much…

A stray tear fell. It was minutes before he finally rested the car at the side of the road, his body racking with sobs. He sat there crying, his heart pain.

… … … … … … … … … … …

So Min stared at Tae Sung’s retreating back. Why was it that he looked so sad? Was it possible that his confession a few days ago was true?

“Are you okay?” asked Hyun Joong, his voice filled with concern.

So Min mentally shook her head and smiled at Hyun Joong, “Yes. Come on, let’s eat.”

And they dug in.

… … … … … … … … … … …

Three knocks erupted against Hyun Joong’s door.

“Come in,” he yelled, his eyes on his computer screen. Today had been hectic. There were meetings after meetings as well with the new upcoming photo shoots for a few fashion outlets. He had just signed a contract with Unionbay earlier. He was tired.

His office door opened and a female entered. Hyun Joong’s eyebrows rised questioningly , his hands pausing on the keyboard, when he saw that it was Ms. Lee Si Young. She was dressed in a fittingly short dress with a file in hand. What did she want?

“Ms. Lee Si Young, to what do I have the pleasure of seeing you here?”

“Mr. Kim Hyun Joong, “ she seated herself on the chair in front of him, “as you know, I’ve been recently offered a contract to model for Jung Hwa Fashion by your company. There’s a few terms that I would like to discuss with you before signing the contract.”

The Jung Hwa Fashion contract?

“Ah...but shouldn’t your agent be the one discussing this with me? I hire agents for a reason.”

“Yes, naturally he should but I felt that there were certain things best said to you myself. Mr. Lee has been very accommodating to what I need and all but still…” she shrugged.

Hyun Joong glanced at his watch. It was already 4.30 p.m. He looked up at Ms. Si Young’s expectant face and sighed. He leaned back into his chair and looked at her.

“Ms. Lee Si Young, do continue. I’m all ears.”

“Si Young, if you may.”

“Okay, Si Young, what are the terms you want to discuss with me before you sign the contract?”

 

*Hey, if you like the posters I create, you can like them @ babypooh98.tumblr.com.

I really hope you like this particular one. It's my favourite. Thanks.