Chapter 18 A Rival Perhaps?

Left and Leaving (Again)

 

Hyun Joong was three quarter through the auditions when he got a text from So Min regarding her delay in coming back. She was spending time with Tae Sung! He disliked that fact. He did not like So Min spending time with any other guy besides him.  For the remaining auditions, he barely paid attention. The audition ended promptly at 6 p.m. He quickly gave his thanks to the people involved and wanted to make his leave.

“Mr. Kim Hyun Joong!”

“Yes?” Hyun Joong turned around to see who called him. Oh, it was Lee Si Young.

“Are you going anywhere?”

“Yes, I have something to do now, so if you would please excuse me…”

Before she could reply, he was already out the door. Hyun Joong was rarely like this but the fact that his woman was seeing someone else-a friend, really left him feeling something he did not want to feel. He quickly called So Min as he entered his car.

… … … … … … … … … … …

“Hello?” slurred So Min as she drank her third glass of soju.

“So Min? Where are you? Why is it so noisy?” And why did she sound tipsy?

“Oh, Hyun Joong, I’m at-Yah! Tae Sung, stop that!” So Min laughed, “Oh, I’m at the stall opposite the hotel Tae Sung stays. Why?”

“What is Tae Sung doing to you?” Hyun gripped his phone tighter in his hand.

“Oh, nothing really, he’s just tickling me.”

That was nothing?! “I’m going there. Wait for me.”

“Why?”

“I think it’s finally time I meet the infamous Lee Tae Sung, don’t you think?”

“Okay, but I have to tell you, it isn’t pretty nice now, he got drunk after 6 shots of soju,” So Min giggled, “He looks like a kid.”

“I’ll see you then.”

“See ya.”

Hyun Joong quickly drove to the stall as described by So Min. The sun was setting. He reached the stall after ten minutes. He spotted a parking lot and immediately parked. He locked his car and entered the stall. He looked around, finally spotting So Min and…Tae Sung.

“Hyun Joong!” yelled a dopey So Min. She really had poor drinking skills.

Tae Sung’s head lifted up at Hyun Joong’s name, before it slumped down again. So Min dragged Hyun Joong to their table. Now, that he was near, Hyun Joong realized that he could not even hold a decent conversation with the guy. He was totally out cold. Hyun Joong sighed.

“Come on, So Min, we have to get him back to his room. He’s totally out,” he came to see his rival and this happens.

So Min just giggled. Damn it! What would have happened to the both of them if he hadn’t come? “So Min? Bag? Hotel room?” he prompted.

“Oh.” It seemed that it finally got into her head. She quickly grabbed her bag and walked towards the hotel.

They reached the hotel room in a span of 3 minutes. Tae Sung was leaning against Hyun Joong with a dopey smile on his face. So Min ruffled Tae Sung’s pockets for his keys to the room. Key found, door unlocked. Hyun Joong hoisted up Tae Sung till he was standing and slowly guided him to the bed. So Min followed after them, silently closing the door after entering. Hyun Joong dropped Tae Sung on the bed and flexed his arm. Damn, that wasn’t exactly light. Tae Sung grunted and turned over on his back.

So Min went to the bathroom and came out with a wet cloth. She walked over to the bed and gently dabbed his face with the wet cloth. She went to the bathroom and wet the cloth again. This time, she folded the cloth and put it on Tae Sung’s forehead. Hyun Joong watched this whole scene by the door. So Min was leaving to wash her hands when Tae Sung’s hands suddenly grabbed hers. Hyun Joong stood up straighter, hand fisted at sides.

“So Min?” Tae Sung mumbled.

“Shhhh… you need sleep,” said So Min as she pushed his hair off his forehead.

Tae Sung mumbled something that sounded like ‘I love you’ and fell asleep again. Hyun Joong felt like hitting the granite wall. So Min gasped and gently but quickly extricated her hands from Tae Sung’s.

Tae Sung couldn’t have said that. Even if he did, he probably meant it in a sort of friend-type of way, right? He could not really love her as in love-love type of way, right? So Min hoped not. Nothing ever happened. Hyun Joong watched as a fleet of emotions crossed So Min’s face. What was she thinking now? What was her reaction to his confession? Did Tae Sung not know that he was her husband? Hyun Joong’s fist tightened.

After extricating herself from Tae Sung, So Min quickly walked towards Hyun Joong and silently signaled the door. Hyun Joong nodded in silent understanding and made a move towards the door, his gait rigid. So Min followed after him and closed the door after walking out. She had left Tae Sung’s keys on the bedside table.

“Well, that was messy…” Hyun Joong tried to act nonchalant. Not wanting her to see how much the relationship between her and Tae Sung affected him. So Min nodded. They continued to walk to their cars after leaving the hotel when Hyun Joong suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her towards his car.

“You can’t expect to drive when you’re drunk, right?” said Hyun Joong.

“Right, I forgot. What about my car then?” asked So Min. Is it weird to feel happy because Hyun Joong was sort of babying her?

They got into Hyun Joong’s car. “I’ll get someone to pick it up tomorrow. I’ll also send you to work,” said Hyun Joong as he flashed her a smile; hiding what he really felt at the moment, “We can stop by the coffee shop you like; for breakfast,” he proposed.

“That’ll be good. I always like their croissants,” replied So Min as she buckled her seatbelt.

Hyun Joong grinned and started the car. They had a few conversations regarding their work today along the way home. Hyun Joong told her about Yoon He Ra and So Min told him about their latest fashion conquests. Neither brought up the recent event regarding Tae Sung’s confession.

 

*Saeng ni cuka hamida, Hyun Joong, shi! Nan, saranghaeyo! Haha. Happy B'day Hyun Joong. I dedicate this chapter to him again and to all those who is wishing him 'Happy B'day'