Chapter 1 Return

Left and Leaving (Again)

 



“Ahh..hh, it’s so nice to be back in Seoul,” exhaled Jung So Min. She had just came back from the States and was breathing into the fresh air of Korea as she exit the airport and headed to her chauffeur. “Mr. Lee, it’s so nice to see you again,” she said as she entered the car. “Yes, miss,” replied Mr. Lee as he entered the front rear seat.

 

“Your father is waiting for you in his office. He asks you to meet him after you are done packing,” informed Mr. Lee. “Yes, thanks for the information.” Her father was the chairman of the ‘Jung Fashion Line’. This was why she had gone to the States to study.

 

Her father had asked her to study fashion as someday she was going to take over the company. It seems that the day is near because her father had already informed her that she was going to have to start work in the company when she returns. She was going to have to learn the fundamentals of the company first.

 

The car halted to a jerk. “Sorry, Ms. So Min, it seemed that there is an accident ahead. The car had suddenly stopped. Are you alright?” asked Mr. Lee. He had been working with the Jung family for years. He had a daughter in university doing her last year in Medical. He could not lose his job over this.

 

“I’m fine, don’t worry. Let’s take an alternative road then,” said So Min as she flashed him a reassuring smile. Somehow it must not have been very reassuring as Mr. Lee kept saying sorry. “Seriously, I’m fine, Mr. Lee. Don’t worry, my dad won’t hear of this, chill...” she said a bit annoyed. He smiled. It seems that So Min had gotten a bit of the American slang in her now.

… … … … … … … … … … …

 

‘What is this?’ wondered Kim Hyun Joong. The cars in front of him had suddenly stopped. ‘Just my luck’ he thought cynically. He had just returned from America yesterday after finishing his studies. His first day in Seoul and he gets stuck in a jam. Wonderful.

 

He took out his hand phone and dialed his dad. His dad answered on the second ring.

 

“Sorry, dad. I’m stuck in a jam. Gonna take a while to reach the office.”

 

“It’s okay son, it’s your first day after all, I’ll be here. Call me when you reach.”

 

“Okay, bye.”

 

He put his phone back into his pocket. Normally, he was never mad but he was tired and now he was stuck in the jam that might take ‘God knows how long’. What a way to start off in the morning.