Waiting

I'm In Love With A Secret Spy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Let me check that please.”
“N-No, I'm fine...”
“Chanyeol, please let the nurse just check your wounds.”

 

Chanyeol glances up at the spy man as he tries to smile kindly, but his eyes betrays him. He's worried, just like Chanyeol. They just arrived to the hospital only some few minutes ago and Baekhyun is getting treated right now. Though, his state doesn't look very well.

 

“Mr. Park, can you lift your arm a little?”

 

The nurse gently puts a bandage around Chanyeol's arm where he had accidentally gotten hit earlier. It hurts, but it's nothing compared to Baekhyun's wounds. Baekhyun... Chanyeol feels how his heart is aching as he bits his lower lip to not let out any tears. He can't cry, not here. He needs to be strong and hope for Baekhyun to come back to him soon again.

 

“How are you feeling? Are you hurt anywhere else?”
“I'm fine... They really didn't hurt me...”
“That's good to hear. If you need anything, just call me. Okay?”

 

Chanyeol nods towards the nurse who smiles kindly before she leaves the room. The agent lets out a sigh as he slowly sits down on a chair in front of Chanyeol. Chanyeol doesn't look at the man for a while, he just stares down at the floor while he waits for the agent to say something to him first. But he sits as silent as Chanyeol does for a long time.

Finally, after probably ten minutes of silence, the man clears his throat gently as Chanyeol glances up at him. He looks rather anxious and he doesn't even try to hide it anymore. Chanyeol feels the same, just like this man. He wonders if this guy is close to Baekhyun since he looks more worried than the other agents did.

 

“So... You're Chanyeol huh?”
“Yeah... I am him.”
“Baekhyun has told me a lot about you. He's truly in love with you.”
“He... has told you... about me?”
“Yeah, I knew that he lied when he came back from his little trip with you. I got him to tell me who you were and why you left. Don't worry, I'm the only one besides Baekhyun who knows about this.”
“I don't want to be rude... But who are you? What kind of relationship do you have with Baekhyun? Are you his boss or something?”
“No, I'm definitely not his boss. But I'm his sensei. You see, Baekhyun came to us when he was very young and someone had to look after him in the beginning. I was the one who looked after him and taught him how to fight. I was his teacher: his sensei.”

 

Chanyeol stares speechless at the man who smiles weakly, but he still looks really anxious. So this is... Baekhyun's sensei? This man taught Baekhyun how to fight and he watched over Baekhyun when he was younger. Chanyeol feels how his eyes moves from the man's face down to the floor again as he sits silent once again.

The room falls in silence once again as both of them just stares down at the floor. Chanyeol holds in a sigh that wants to escape his mouth while he closes his eyes for a while. He's a little tired, but he can't sleep when he knows that Baekhyun is getting treated. Baekhyun's wounds are pretty serious and after all the fighting he has done, everything has gotten worse.

 

“Chanyeol... I can't promise that Baekhyun will get out of this hospital alive... But... I can promise you that he won't give up that easily.”
“I know that... Baekhyun is scary stubborn and he would never let himself die like this... But I'm still scared. I saw how he got hurt and I couldn't do anything about it... I... I could just watch him get hurt while I was being okay... I-If Baekhyun would die... t-then it would be my fault...”

 

Chanyeol feels how tears streams out of his eyes as one of his hands grabs his own hair tightly. He doesn't know what to do, he just can't stand this! It's his fault that Baekhyun got hurt from the very beginning! If he hadn't been there, Baekhyun could have fought the men without worrying about Chanyeol getting hurt. If he hadn't overslept that morning, then they both would have been in school and nothing had happened to them.

 

“It's not your fault Chanyeol, you couldn't do anything and it's not weird. You're not trained like Baekhyun and Baekhyun knows that. Baekhyun only wants to protect you because you're the dearest person he has in his life right now. He got no one else than you that he truly loves like this.”
“But still... If I could defend myself... Then he wouldn't have to get hurt...”

 

Chanyeol cries like a fool as he grabs his own head. He wants to hit something so badly, but he's too scared to move. He just wants Baekhyun to come back to him. He doesn't want Baekhyun to die like this. He doesn't want to lose his precious Baekhyun.

 

“Chanyeol... Let's make a deal. If Baekhyun makes it out alive from this hospital, then I will train you. I will teach you how to defend yourself so you can be around Baekhyun without burdening him. If something like this would happen again, then you can defend yourself. But if I teach you how to fight, you will become a target and you might not be able to live a normal life like you have done up till now.”
“I can't have a normal life with Baekhyun around... But I don't care... I just want him back... I just want Baekhyun to make it out alive...”

 

Chanyeol sobs as the agent in front of him smiles a sad smile, but he looks less anxious at the moment. Chanyeol promises that if Baekhyun makes it out alive, he will learn how to fight for him. He will learn how to defend himself so he can protect Baekhyun. He swear on his life, he will protect Baekhyun next time! He won't let Baekhyun get hurt like this ever again!

 

***

 

“Where are you?! Why is everything smashed at home?! You have been gone for ages! Are you alright?!”
“Yeah... Or... Well...”

 

Chanyeol feels how his voice cracks while he tries to speak to the worried Kyungsoo. He can hear the others in the background as they ask over and over again if they're alright and where they are. Chanyeol isn't sure what to say, after all Baekhyun is still getting treated.

 

“Chanyeol, where are you?! Please answer me!”
“I'm... at a hospital at the moment...”
“W-What?! Are you hurt?! Are you alright?! Is Baekhyun alright?!”

 

Chanyeol stays silent as he listens to the worried voices on the other side of the phone. What is he supposed to say? He can't tell them the truth, because then they will find out about Baekhyun being a spy. Chanyeol bits his lower lip hard as he stares silently at the wall in front of him.

 

“Chanyeol?! Are you still there?! Hey, answer me! Please answer us!”
“I'm sorry... I can't tell...”
“W-What do you mean?! Hey! Chanyeol, don't hangup on us! Do you hear me?! Please don't hangup on us! Chanyeol-!”

 

Chanyeol hangs-up on the phone before he turns it off. He then slowly walks back inside to the hospital as he meets the agent who is waiting for Baekhyun to come out, just like Chanyeol. Nurses and doctors runs around them while patients and visitors walks casually down the corridors. Chanyeol feels so impatient when he sees them: it's almost more annoying to see them smile and walk so casually like nothing is wrong.

 

“Who did you call?”
“I didn't call anyone... They called me...”
“Who called you?”
“My friends... Mine and Baekhyun's dorm mates...”
“Oh , we forgot to clean up your dorm!”
“I know... They're asking us if we're hurt and they wonder where we are...”
“Don't worry, I will come up with something. But for now, don't talk to them.”
“Don't worry, I won't. I don't know what to say to them anyway.”

 

The agent nods slightly as Chanyeol glances over at a clock. They have been here for hours: why can't someone just come and tell them that Baekhyun is alright?! Chanyeol feels impatient and anxious, he just can't stand this!

 

“For how long must we wait for the news about Baekhyun?”
“I don't know, but he was badly hurt when he came here. This will take time and Baekhyun might... He might not make it because of his wounds.”
“He has to make it... H-He can't die here...”
“I hope so as well, but... Sometimes god is cruel. Sometimes god takes away good people and all you can do is watch.”
“I... I truly... just want Baekhyun back...”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter