My Turn To Protect You

I'm In Love With A Secret Spy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Dammit... Please whoever you are, just come already!”

 

Chanyeol feels stressed and restless. Baekhyun has passed out from all the pain and wounds he has been gathering ever since they came to this place. The bad guys, which are currently gone for some reason Chanyeol doesn't know, has hurt Baekhyun more than what you see in movies. Baekhyun's body has been poorly treated by those men who has tried to torture him as much as they can to get information out of him.

Baekhyun is more than stubborn, he's crazy determined. He didn't say a word about his boss or about his comrades or about their hideout despite the fact that he could get killed any second during the torture. Chanyeol had to watch Baekhyun get hurt and the only reason Baekhyun took all this pain is because of him. Baekhyun watched out for him, even when he got tortured he kept an eye on Chanyeol to make sure that he's alright.

 

“Stupid... You're so stupid... You should have kicked their asses from the very beginning...”

 

Baekhyun can probably not hear Chanyeol right now since he's passed out, but Chanyeol still feels the need to say it out loud. Baekhyun isn't really stupid, he's kind and is only trying to protect Chanyeol. If there only was a way for Chanyeol to help Baekhyun out now when he's hurt like this.

 

“C-Chanyeol...?”
“A-Ah! You're back! C-Can you hear me?!”
“Yeah... Loud and clear...”
“S-Sorry, a-are you alright?”
“Mm... Like I said before... I won't die... from this...”

 

Baekhyun looks to be in pain. He can barely move, yet he tries so hard to sit up. Chanyeol gently puts his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders to show him that he shouldn't move too much. After all, Baekhyun is hurt and needs to rest while he can.

 

“Baekhyun, rest. I know you want to get out of here, but you got to rest. You're too hurt to move around-”
“A spy... never gives up... no matter... what happens...”
“But you're not a spy right now! You're my Baekhyun-”
“I'm a spy... No matter what you say... I will always be a spy...”
“S-Stop it Baekhyun! You're hurt, can't you understand that?!”

 

Chanyeol forces Baekhyun to lay still with his head still resting against Chanyeol's thighs. Can't Baekhyun understand how worried Chanyeol is? Of course he's worried about the bad guys coming back to hurt them even more, but he can't let Baekhyun walk around and get even more hurt on his own.

 

“You said that someone will come for us, remember?”
“But... I'm not sure anymore...”
“Trust your comrades! They must save us!”
“But will they really be here... before the other guys come back...? Do you realize that if they can't break me by torturing me... they will go after you instead.”
“I-I'm not scared!”
“Liar... You're as pale as a ghost... Also... I wouldn't be able to... No... I won't let them do that to you... I can't...”
“I-I will be fine! Can't you remember all the other things we have gone through?! T-This is nothing!”
“You're trying to be strong... But you will only end up getting hurt if you do...”
“B-Baekhyun... T-This time, let me help you carry the pain. I don't care if they hurt me, but I won't let them hurt you-”
“I'm trained for this Chanyeol, you're not! C-Can't you just understand that already?!”
“D-Don't you think I know that?! But if I can just endure it for a while, t-then maybe someone will come to save us!”
“But I won't be able to watch! I-I won't let them do anything like that to you!”
“You... You let me endure all that... To see you get hurt like that... I wanted to kill them all... I wanted to hit them all so badly... Of course I know that you don't want to see me like I saw you, but I... It's not fair that you will have to take all the pain and I will just have to watch and suffer from afar.”
“Chanyeol... I'm afraid that I... I just can't let you get hurt...”

 

Baekhyun falls in silence as he closes his eyes tired. His body must hurt a lot right now, especially after all the screaming and arguing. Chanyeol feels how his hands moves up to Baekhyun's head as he gently starts playing with Baekhyun's hair. It's still a little wet from the water Baekhyun was forced into, but at least it's not bloody.

 

“Chanyeol... I'm scared...”

 

Baekhyun suddenly said something that made him stop moving. He has never heard Baekhyun say such thing before and it truly shocked him. Baekhyun... is scared?

 

“I don't want to lose you... I have... heard how other spies lost their families and friends because of their job... I don't want to hurt you or the others... T-There was a reason why I moved away from my parents... I have a lot of reasons why I tried to not make any friends... But you guys broke me totally... I want you to be safe... But you're not safe around me...”
“This happened by accident. We must have made a mistake somewhere, that's probably it. I mean... W-Why would they go after you now and not earlier? They don't even know your name or who I am, but they definitely knows that you're the spy. They must have tracked you somehow or seen you in your spy clothes a couple of times to recognize you.”
“What are you trying to say...?”
“I'm saying that you're not putting us in danger. Those men doesn't even know who I am and they will probably just knock me out after they're done here with you. I will be fine and so will the others. But I'm more worried about you.”

 

Baekhyun stays silent for a while now. The small room they're in has fallen into silence as well. Chanyeol gently plays with Baekhyun's hair again as he watches the boy slowly pass out again. , Baekhyun really needs that medical attention and it's soon! If they can't get him to a doctor soon, he will definitely not be okay!

 

“Baekhyun.... Hang in there for a little longer... I bet that whoever you talked about earlier will come... They have to come...”

 

Baekhyun has passed out again. He tried to stay awake and listen to what Chanyeol said, but he begun to pass out pretty quickly after their argue. All Chanyeol can do now is to hope for someone to come and save them. After all, this is a situation where Baekhyun can't save their asses.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Everything hurts. Baekhyun knows very well why, but the most annoying thing about the pain is that it makes him pass out over and over again. He wakes up and manages to stay awake for a couple of minutes before he gets dizzy and passes out again. Chanyeol must be worried to death, but Baekhyun isn't that calm himself.

 

“Hey brat! Guess who's back?!”
“I see you two are getting close huh?!”
“L-Let him be!”

 

What is going on? Baekhyun forces his eyes open to see Chanyeol look pale towards the direction where the door is located. Baekhyun slowly turns his head painfully towards the direction where Chanyeol is looking. In the door opening two men stands, the ones who tortured him earlier and then had to leave because something urgent happened.

 

“We hope you didn't get too comfortable you ugly spy!”
“What's wrong, have you lost all your energy?!”
“Ha, breaking you won't be that hard now!”
“L-Leave him alone!”
“Leave the monkey here, he's just annoying anyway.”
“Y-Yah! I-I won't let you take him!”

 

Chanyeol hurries to stand up to try to protect Baekhyun from the men, but he gets easily wrestled down onto the floor where he whines in pain. Baekhyun feels how someone grabs his hair roughly before he gets dragged over the floor. The pain shoots through his body as he hurries to grab the person's hand to stop him from dragging his hair.

 

“Ha, not that hard to push you down you little punk!”
“S-Stop it! Leave him alone!”
“Shut up your punk!”

 

Baekhyun gets dragged out of the room and over to where the boss is. He's grinning like a fool as he leans back in his armchair while Baekhyun gets pushed down onto the floor in front of him.

 

“I see that the torture finally has begun to take on you, hasn't it?”
“Shut up...”
“Oh, you can barely talk. Boys, let's see for how much longer he can stand this!”
“Yes sir!”

 

Baekhyun doesn't have the power to stand this torture for much longer! But if he wants to keep Chanyeol safe, then he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter