Chapter 6

Idols' Conflict

"Hey, bro, are you there?" I said in my head.

"Yeah. What?" He answered me quickly.

"I'm just telling you that there will be a group of girls ambushing you shortly at your place."

"Yeah, so what?" Well, looks like he doesn't care.

"I'm just making you aware. Okay, Bye."

"Bye."

That was a really short conversation.

"So, girls, do you want to go now?" I asked them.

"Let's go!"

As I lead the girls to  brother's dorm, I wondered why I was doing this. I couldn't take my words back so might as well continue. Everybody was chattering very excitedly behind me.

"Is he like Bomin-sshi?"

"What if he was? That would be so hot."

I sighed quietly. All those girls chittering at my back. If they are like those girls who swarm around cute boys (which they're not) Bowan would like run away from this school but he couldn't possibly leave me here and he has to take Jessica too.

So, back on topic.

If you guys haven't guessed yet, my bro's dorm is right next to mine.

I stopped in front of the door. "Okay, girls. this is where my brother is." 

"Can I ope—"

"Shh! He mustn't know that we are here." I was surprised that Jessica said that. And I thought I saw a peculiar look in her eyes.

“I’ll knock ‘cuz he knows me,” I said

Before I knocked on the door I told Bowan that we were there. I didn’t wait for a reply and just barged in.

“Hey! Bro! Come out! The girls want to see you!” I yelled out before thinking which was a bad decision because there were like three guys staring at me.

Silence...

“Why did you have to barge like that, Bomin? Can’t you just knock on the door like a normal person?” Ah, my beloved brother came out with a cute scowl on his face.

“Well, you know that we are not really normal.” I ran up and hugged him.

“You guys are so cute together!!” Jessica squealed along with some girls. The other three boys disappeared into their own rooms, not interested in what was happening.

“Is he your brother?” Sara-sshi asked.

“Yeah, can’t you see?” I pulled his face next to mine for everybody to see. “We’re identical twins remember?”

“I wished I had a twin too.”

“Is Bowan like the same as you?”

“Do you guys say the same things at the same time?”

“Does he think the same things as you?”

There were so many questions thrown at us that Bowan and I couldn't register what was happening.

“Can you guys like get out of my dorm? I want to go back to sleep, okay?” he said, kneading his forehead while still sporting his famous scowl.

“Well, time to get out of here people!” I pushed everybody out the door.

“Aww, c’mon. We didn’t get a chance to talk to him,” all the girls complained to me.

“You’ll get to see him more in the future; he might even be in your classes. So quit whining and go back to your rooms.” They were like little children keeping their heads down and being sent to their rooms and I was their Mum.

I looked at the watch on my wrist. Well, dang. It’s like 8am. This might be a long day in my room.

 ***

I was standing in the middle of bushland looking lost. My surroundings were a little too quiet, only my breathing could be heard. “Hoon? AJ?  Where are you?” I looked around the area. More bushes. I pattered forward to find someone. Swinging my head to the left and right, I almost screeched at the sudden flash of blur and there were two men standing in front of me. 

“Sorry, we were making sure that there weren’t any people here to eavesdrop,” an all too familiar voice said.

Wait a second. I recognise that voice. It was freakin’ AJ’s voice. I could barely contain my scream when I saw that the other man was Hoon but I watched myself being undeterred by this which is unusual. “Why did you bring me here?” I asked.

“We have something to tell you.” Hoon’s voice was gravely serious.

“What is it? You can tell me.” I caught Hoon and AJ’s hands reaching for my hands. I wanted to run away; I couldn't take it anymore. Their hands were still moving when somebody hit my head. I opened my eyes to see that Vicki was standing at my bed. “Why did you wake me for? I had the best dream and you just went and ruined it!”

“I’m sorry. Do you want to go back to sleep and dream again?” Vicki’s voice was full of sarcasm as she dramatically rolled her eyes.

“I got nothing to come back to your words.” I put my hands up in mock defeat.

“So what did you dream about?” I described everything in the dream to her as she listened to me, nodding here and there. “I see. I dream about them often too.”

“Yeah. We’ll never get a chance to be with our idols." Groaning, I rolled around in my bed, wallowing in my depression. “So, why did you come here for, Vicki?” I asked her.

“Oh, you know… I’m bored,” she said, falling on my bed.

“Do you want to watch some stuff?”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

I my laptop and searched for videos on YouTube. For I didn't know how long, we just watched video after video. Of course we had lunch and toilet breaks. Some people even came in saying that they were ‘bored’. Either way I didn’t care. My eyes were like burning after looking into the screen for a long time. I called it quits and looked at the clock in my room. It’s 5pm. That was a LONG time watching videos. Might as well be blind now. Noticing that everybody still had some energy left in them, I suggested, “Why don’t we eat an early dinner? What do you say?”

“Yeah, yeah. We’ve got nothing to do anyways.”

We all went to the eating hall and sat at the big table after ordering our food. This time I got cold chicken noddle, my absolute favourite. I was busy engulfing myself with cold noodles until an annoying person interrupted everybody which pissed me off. “Hey, aren’t you that chick who sat at my table?” an infamous voice of an infamous cousin said.

I sat up straight and slammed my chopsticks down. Everybody stared at me in surprise as I lifted my head to look at him. Yep, it was him. My cousin, Yang Gomi.

“Well, speak of the devil. I haven’t seen you in a long time, Bomin,” he said casually and carelessly, switching the language to English. Much like that time; he didn’t care about anything.

“Get out,” I whisperes, not even sure he heard at all. I was all tensed up and ready to punch his face into a pulp.

“What did you say?” He said, mocking me. He even had the guts to cup his hand around his ear and leaned towards me.

My friends are looking between us, not knowing what is happening. “I said get the out of here!” My rage exploded and all I saw was him. My clenched fists pushed him to the ground, still clutching his shirt. "And don’t ever come near my friends or even talk to them,” I growled at him. Stomping back to my room and hiding under my blankets, I was traumatised by my past with my cousin. His filithy hands and disgusting mouth flooded my mind. I did not even hear the footsteps. “Don't touch me!” I yelled when I sensed a hand coming towards me. I don’t know who these people were but I didn't want to relive the horrors from the past. And I didn't want to think about it. “Stop, please stop.” I started to cry uncontrollably, my throat becoming hoarse with each sob. I could hear shuffling in my room then it was quiet. They must’ve left.

“Bomin? What happened? Why are you crying?”  I heard Bowan’s voice echo in my head.

“He’s here. He’s in this school.” My breaths became shorter and sharper as my body violently trembled in response. 

“Bomin, just clam down. I’ll be there.”

Bowan was immediately at my door and running towards me. When he saw me, he immediately wrapped his warm arms around me while I cried into his shirt, soaking it like rain.

“Now tell me, what happened?” he asked me after I calmed down a little. But those memories continued to flash in my head, the ball in my throat swelling up. 

He’s in this school. I said in my head; speaking was out of my range.

Who?  Bowan said oblivious of the most obvious person who would make me feel like this.

Yang Gomi.

Bowan slammed his fist down on the table next to my bed and yelled profanities. “That bastard! Why is that goddamn guy here?!” Bowan raged on a bit more, standing up and hastily pacing around the room. 

“Bowan, stop. It’s no use.” I put my hand on his shoulder. “From now, I just have to be careful.” I dried my tears with my sleeve, “Can I sleep? I’m kinda tired from today." I pulled the blankets to my chin and laid down.

“Do you want me to sleep with you?” Bowan asked, worried. I lifted up the blanket for him to slip in. We cuddled up to each other and fell asleep at the same time.

 U-KISS’s Jun POV

“School starts today! Oh, I can’t wait to be in school again. Haha! Sounds like I’m an elementary school student.” There goes Kevin-hyung again. I rolled my eyes at him. All the other hyungs had their lugged packed up and ready to go. I was next to Soohyun-hyung of course. We waited for our bus to come. Everybody just chatted away about school and stuff. I pulled out my phone and took a selca and tweeted that I’ll see the KISSMEs soon. A lot of them asked where we were going, but I couldn't say anything; Manager-Uncle told us not to spill it. Everybody cheered when the bus came and I tried to resist the urge to roll my eyes again. 

"C'mon, I'll help get your things on," Soohyun lifted some my luggage and dragged them onto the bus while a murmurred my thanks. 

The rest  were all so excited about school that they fell asleep apart from me. I didn't know what was wrong with them but I didn't feel the least bit tired maybe because I had the least schedules or something. “Hey! Everybody, wake up!!” The manager came with a loudspeaker and turned it on to wake the other people. “Oh, Jun, you’re still awake?”

“I don’t know, but I just don’t feel tired at all." I shrugged my shoulders.

“Well, do you mind waking the other members up? They don’t seem to respond to this loudspeaker.” He was clearly disappointed in that thing.

With a smirk stretching across my face, I crouched beside Kevin and as soft as possible, blew into his ear. Immediately, he screamed like a girl and stood up, feverishly covering his ears. I sat on the floor laughing hysterically while the other members were being rudely awoken. 

“What happened?” Eli asked. I was too busy laughing and Kevin was trying to contain his anger by glaring dangerously at me. 

“Everybody get your things out! We’re heading in,” the manager said through the loudspeaker.

“Okay!” We all shouted.

As we all stepped off, I saw that there were other buses parked next to ours. I squinted my eyes to see what was going on. Then something crossed my thoughts. Didn’t SooHyun tell us that there were going to be other groups like us going to the same school? 

I questioned him about it, analysing the buses as he did the same. “Yeah, what about it?” he replied.

‘”Just wandering.” I spotted a group of men coming out of one bus and quickly counted them. There were twelve people. Before I could confirm it, I walked a little closer and instantly recognise a familar face. 

Kai.

My life couldn't get any better. Here I was standing on the same ground with the person I wanted to surpass in the music industry. I could not waste that opportunity. “Is that EXO?” Kevin-Hyung asked with his eyes squinting.

“Yeah.”

He ran over to the leader, a goofy grin plastered onto his face. “Soohyun, can we go and greet the others?” We all walked in a group towards EXO because they were the closest group to us. Joonmyeon quickly noticed us and tried to control his boys. Soohyun enthusiastically waved at them and shouted, "Good morning. What brings you guys here?"

Kris nodded and smiled. "Mornin'. Apparently, we're all going back to school. We are going on hiatus for the time being. I bet all our fans are missing us already.”

After a few friendly exchanges here and there, we were called back by our manager. “I’ll leave you guys here to settle in and unpack. Bye." With that the manager just left.

“All right! Time to go inside! I wonder what the inside looks like!” Kiseop sure looks excited.

  ***

*Bomin’s POV*

A sound woke me up; a low mumbling and the scuffling of shoes. I looked over at Bowan. He was alive and looking at me. “Did you hear that?” he whispered at me.

“Kinda,” I answered. I didn’t care if there were people in my dorm. I stood up to change my clothes. I wasn't fazed by the presence of my brother. Knowing him, he was probably looking away shyly. I took off my shirt, revealing my under clothing. My head snapped to look at the door as I heard the door knob turn. 

 *SooHyun’s POV*

As the leader I opened the door and let the other members in first. “You guys can go pick your rooms,” I told them. I saw a hallway and curiously walked down it. There were three doors. My hands wrapped around the knob of the second door. Maybe it was a bedroom. I opened the door and stepped in. I could instantly sense the presence of other people and lifted my head, but what I saw was definitely shocking. My jaw dropped in utter atonishment. I only glimpsed at the girl and thought that she was around sixteen. The guy who was laid in the bed did not even look surprised. Something clicked and my instincts as an adult shot in. I ran towards the boy as I shouted at him. “What the hell are you thinking? She is underaged!” He looked completely shocked as I picked him up and threw him to a wall. He shouted in pain when his back made contact with the wall.

I glanced at the girl who seemed just as stupefied as the boy. “What the hell are you thinking? He's my brother!” she shouted at me running to the boy. I looked at him and the girl attending to him. 

“Oh, my goodness. I’m so sorry! I misunderstood everything!” I ran over to them and tried to help but the girl pushed me away.

“Get away from me you ert!” She looked at me directly in the eyes and saw who I was. “Holy ! It's Soohyun!” She started screaming until she realised she was screaming in my face. “Sorry!"

“Hyung, is everything alright in there?” Jun’s voice sounded through the door.

“Yeah, everything’s alright,” I replied calmly. I didn't want this girl to faint of fangirling.

“This can’t be happening to me. First Soohyun sees me in my bras and Jun’s knocking at my door…” Her eyes are unbelievably big and getting bigger. 

 “Sorry! This is your room. I’ll get out now and give you some privacy.” I stumbled out of the room after bowing and slammed the door shut. Catching my breath, I met with the others in the lobby room. 

“What happened? We heard screaming and then you came out,” AJ asked.“Whoa. Don’t tell me that there is a female living here.” He held his palms up and closed his eyes. The others were looking at me anxiously. 

“I gotta break to you. Yeah, there is a girl here.” The living room was in an uproar at the mention of a girl living amongst us.

 *Bomin’s POV* 

My head couldn't get around the situation. Was that person really Soohyun or just a random guy? Maybe. But I need to get that out of my head because Bowan is still knocked out on the ground. He must be strong then to knock out Bowan. “Bowan, wake up.” I took him by the shoulders and shook them. When his eyes finally fluttered open I gave him some water for his brain to wake up.

“What the hell just happened?” he asked me in a groggy voice. 

“This erted guy thought the wrong way when he saw me half in front of you and threw you to the closest wall and knocked you out,” I explained to him.

“Oh.” Was all he could say.

“You should go back to your room. Can you walk?”

“Yeah,” he said but after a second on his feet he lost his balance.

“I should take you back,” I suggested.

He nodded and I grabbed Bowan by the arm and supported most of his weight. I opened the door and led him out. I was a little nervous to go outside. What if that person was Soohyun and the rest were here? The thought brought another wave of blushes across my face. But I need to get my brother out of here. As we walked down the hallway to the lobby area, a jumble to voices could be heard. “Who’s there?” Bowan shouted.

They stopped talking and I kept going forward with Bowan leaning heavily on my shoulder. With every step, the entry to the lobby room loomed closer and closer until we were at the entry. I lifted my head up the last thing I saw was U-KISS staring at me and Bowan before I was engulfed in blackness.

****


Yo everybody!! I bet I teased you guys long enough so hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! But I am teasing you guys yet again. What happens after Bomin fainted? You’ll find out in the next chapter. In the meantime comment away!! Not much commenters here but still comment comment comments. I am greedy for comments ^^. Don’t take it as a threat. So till the next chapter Bai~~