Chapter 22

Idols' Conflict

A/N - This is a double update so read last the last chapter if you haven't! 


*Third person*

“Take her.”

His arms dropped to his side as he stared at the sleeping girl curled up on the ground. Now it was his turn to cower in fear.

“What?” Taehyung’s eyes doubled in size when he saw the defeated and slumped figure of GoMi. He too didn’t know what happened to his enemy.

“I said take her, she’s too powerful for me.”

So he did.

And he ran back with the others.

―――

Though it was hard for them, they accepted that Bomin can never be rescued, or so they thought, and continued their schooling as per usual. But one thing has been taken away from their lives and they regret not tying it to their hearts; the wonderful, lively presence of their lovely Bomin. Jun, Kevin, Kyungsoo, Yixing, Jessica and Bowan were the only ones who refused to work on their education and the Principal understood so he didn’t fight with them, he only restricted them access to the outside because he didn’t want them to get hurt while looking for Bomin because, ‘It’s dangerous’.

Bowan laid on his bed, staring at the cream white ceiling of his room. Just then he felt some sort of thing move inside him and became light headed for only a few seconds. He contemplated whether going to Luhan when he finished his classes. Bowan stared at the ceiling for another minute before coming to a conclusion. He should just wait; Bowan didn’t want to hurt his man-pride by asking for help, plus he wasn't allowed to go out. He sighed and wished for his sister to come back now. It’s not that he hasn’t tried every possible way he could think of to bring her back. It was hard for him too, to know that Bomin has been kidnapped by a potential killer and that he had no way of communicating with her. He knew somehow that she will come back in one form or another so as long as she is still herself. But then, he remembered the eerie message she left them.

Yang GoMi.

Bowan wanted to jump off the bed, flip it over, punch a wall or rip everything apart, anything that will relieve him of his rage although he knew it would be so use because Jessica came in at the right time without knocking and sat on the stool next to the bed.

They were in silence for a while until she opened .

“What do you think is happening right now?”

I think Bomin is coming back to me. She is definitely coming back. I can feel it,’ Bowan wanted to say but he knew it would hurt himself and Jessica if he gave them both, possibly, false hope. He didn’t want to risk it.

“I don’t know.”

It was silent once again as they were deep in their thoughts, thinking of impossible situations. The pregnant silence broke once again when Jessica stood up to go with a deep inhalation. Bowan didn't want to let her go a little so easily because he wanted somebody to talk to but at the same time he wanted some time alone.

“Tell them not to come in,” he said. He saw the slight incline of her head before the door closed completely.

Bowan remembered the feel of his sister in his arms, the warmth of her heart and her voice calling out to him then darkness enfolded him in its hands, casting his sweet moments away.

―――

*Your POV*

I heard muffled voices of people talking above me when I came to. The light of the room was blinding against my closed eye lids and the soft bed felt comfortable underneath my body. For the first time in unknown ages, I felt safe, warm and looked after. Unconsciously, I let out a groan from my mouth as I rolled onto my side to sit up. Gasps echoed around the room and there was some shuffling. A hand supported my back as I acquired the sitting position. Now to open my eyes. A faint blur stayed in my sight even after a full minute

“Get away.”

I saw a figure pushing the other people away like they were brushes in the wild.

“Min-eh!” Arms found its way around waist. I could never mistake that familiar voice with another one even without my vision.

I stared at the haze above me and hugged it back. “Bowan!” I willed it to go away so I can see my little brother’s face.

“You do not know how much I missed you.”

I could feel and hear the relief in his voice.

“It’s okay now.” I kept the tears in to appear strong for my brother. I ran my fingers through his silk hair as I shifted into a more comfortable position, leaning my body on the headboard with Bowan’s head in my lap. However, I nearly fell on the floor, laughing my innards out when I saw his face because he had to make way for other people to have their hugs with me, but he kept one hand around my waist.

“Bomin…”

The voice I heard barely passed through my ears when Jessica stepped to the front.

“Don’t do that again! You scared me so much!” The words shook and I spotted tears flowing down her face.

I opened my arms to let her in my cuddle and winced slightly when she held me a little too tightly. I whispered soothing words to her before she let go. More of the guys came to the front, seeking me. Jongup refused to hug me because he was afraid that he’ll drown me in his tears that clearly killed his poor shirt. When it came to Kyungsoo, I couldn’t help but smile so much. I could tell he was angry with me but he didn’t show it.

“Let’s hang out by the tree, okay?” Jun said when he let go of me and I nodded, grateful that I can finally talk to him again. I just felt so happy and relieved to be away from that cold room.

“I missed teasing you,” Kai murmured in my ear once it was his turn. I let my fist connect with his skull because I wanted to.

Xiumin muttered something about Luhan and Lay and that’s when I remembered feeling their spirit but they made no move to come over. I found them at the back of the room, avoiding my gaze with guilt-filled eyes.

“Come over here,” I told them in their native tongue as I spread my arms for them. Both of them started sobbing loudly and I just giggled at their ruined faces.

“How did I get here anyway?” I asked the other people in the room. I think they might want hugs too later on.

“A guy called Taehyung and a few other boys were running around the school with you in his arms. Luckily, I was the only one walking around at the same time ‘cuz they all were doing weird stuff.” Chen waved his arms around to demonstrate what 'weird stuff' the guys were doing.

“Are they still here?”

“Probably, because they said something about not going back.” He looked around as if trying to finding them.

“Taehyung! Jungkook!” I yelled, trying to jump off the bed in an attempt to maybe kill myself.

“Hey!” I shouted when I felt Luhan's telekinesis working on me. “Let me go, Luhan!”

He shook his head, body still rocking with sobs and hiccups. “It’s dangerous out there, now that they know you’re still alive.”

“Yes, I know. I want to find them though. Now if you can let me go, that’ll be awesome.” I was about to summon him when Luhan's hold on me slipped.

I heard a gasp from him and met his bigger-than-normal eyes to see what was going on.

“You… you found it?”

“What?”

“Your power.”

“Of course! What could I have done back there then? Sleep? Hell no,” I scoffed.

The guys laughed at my reply, some dropped to the ground, seemingly high.

“That’s our Bomin,” Chanyeol said with a proud tone to his voice and a smile.

I shrugged my shoulders. “What more can I be?”

“You can be our Queen.”

Everybody stared in the direction the voice came from. The door was opened so that the group of boys were visible. They all looked so happy.

Although I was also excited to see them, I had to confirm one thing with Luhan, my main man.

“Did you tell them?”

“No.”

Ah, that might explain the other men’s faces.

“Inform them now, while I talk to them.” I glanced at Taehyung’s arms when I recalled him cradling them before.

“Are you okay now?” I asked him as I walked up to the four men.

He smiled before speaking. “You know right now my arms would still be broken if you hadn’t healed me then.”

I cocked my head to the side with a blank face. “What?”

“You did, you called for Minam to heal me.”

Oh, that explains everything. I do remember faintly that I did that.

“How do you know his name?”

“You told me through my dreams.”

“Ah.” I still didn’t get how he knows though.

“Alright, enough talking! Let’s go in!” Namjoon pushed through all of us to reach the door.

Not even a second later, his body was thrown back and I knew who was responsible for that. 

“Luhan!” I crouched by Namjoon’s side.

Why is he so vexatious today?

“Don’t touch him!”

My hand flung back when it stretched out to make sure Namjoon was okay and stayed in the air. I was not particularly happy with that I shrugged it off and freed my hand.

“Luhan! He’s my friend, how could you do that!?”

My eyes travelled over Namjoon’s body, looking for any signs of injury. I didn’t notice the silence until I lifted my head to glare at Luhan.

He smiled. “You passed.”

“What?” I glared at his hands to see if there was something that I missed or a sick trick that was being played on me.

“I was testing you,” he said and that’s when I pieced everything together.

“You didn’t have to do that! You could’ve asked me to show it to you!”

“I had to put you through a situation, kinda, to have you to show what Minam and you can do sub-unconsciously.”

Well, that makes much more sense now.

“I used my weakest blow on both of you.” He nodded to Namjoon and I. “So you still need to work on becoming stronger, Bomin.”

I closed the door after everyone came into the slowly shrinking room. “What about Bowan?”

At the sound of his name, my brother ran to my side and slid his hands into its position at my waist.

“What about me?”

“You’ve gotten touchier lately. Anyway, that’s not I’m saying. Can you do what I can?”

“You kidding me? Nope, ask Luhan.”

“Too busy worrying over you to do anything.” Xiumin grumbled next to me. I could tell he wasn’t angry though.

“I’m sorry.” I hung my head low to hide my stupidity.

“Bomin, don’t be,” Yixing whispered.

Out of nowhere, the door burst open, nearly knocking down myself and Bowan.

What is this? A family gathering?

“Bomin! Thank God you’re okay!” Strong arms pushed my brother away as they wrapped around my small body. “Both of us were so scared. What would we have told your parents if you hadn’t come back?”

“Oppa, stop, you’re hurting her.”

“Sorry, Bomin-ah.” JeongKi held me at arm length from his chest and grinned playfully before patting my head.

“My turn.” His fraternal sister elbowed his face out of the way as she placed her smooth hands on my cheeks. “Oh, has our Bomin grown?”

“I’m not your child, I have my own parents!” I laughed out loud while returning her sort of hug in the face with my palms connecting softly against her cheeks. I’ve decided that I will squish her face more in the future ‘cuz she’s cute like that.

The Principal, being the only guy officially in charge, called Taehyung, Jungkook, Hoseok and Namjoon plus me to his office for which I assume, a full report on my spent days. Military much. Bowan wanted to come with me too because you know, brother-sister love. He was forced to stay behind after Xiumin said that it was much easier for the both of us to be captured in the same place rather than separately. But Luhan tagged along for protection which I protested because I'm a girl who is fully capable of kicking a guy in the balls or have a cat fight with a girl. BUT I can't protect myself if my attackers are supernatural dudes. Well, I have my men here by my side so I won’t have to worry much only if I was caught again. IF.

Once we arrived at the private room and locked the doors behind us, sir walked further ahead of us then turned around, gesturing for a person to speak. We all shared glances at each other for a little while before Taehyung decided to open his mouth.

“What are we supposed to be talking about?”

A weird sound escaped my throat. Well. It’s like face palming that's expressed through the voice. At times like these, I always wonder why some people are this dumb, especially Taehyung.

“Did I say something wrong?”

His face was really blank when I saw it. I’ve never felt this strong a need to punch a guy in the face even though he saved me.

JeongKi, however, had enough patience in him to say, “What happened after Bomin was captured because I'm sure she wasn’t conscious.”

I swear I heard a bunch of Ah’s going around the dead quiet room. I glimpsed Jungkook taking a step forward at the corner of my eye.

“Well, you all know that her cousin, who is also known by his Warlord name, JaeNan, caught Bomin and disappeared with her. He kept her locked up and that’s when we started to visit her secretly to help her growing inner body.” Jungkook didn’t bother to hide that slight smile at the end.

“Yeah, but what happened after? How did you all escape?” JeongKi asked, “I thought you guys worked for him.”

“He and I got into a fight when he was about to do something inexplicably wrong to Bomin. She broke down crying then fainted and GoMi just stopped working. He told me to take her away from him,” Taehyung explained to everybody in the room, occasionally glancing at me.

“Plus we DID work for him, now we are all under Queen Bomin.”

As if on cue, everybody including Luhan and JeongKi started to move in front of me and kneel down.

“What-what about Bowan?” I stuttered. I was pretty sure I was blushing as well. “And don’t call me Qu―Queen.”            

Somebody began to laugh and it was none of the guys facing me.

“Oh my God, sis, how can you be so cute?”

“King Bowan,” they chorused.

Turning around, I buried my face into my brother’s chest and yelled frustratingly into his shirt at the dilemma that I was facing. He kept laughing as he held my waist again.

“Shut up!” I battered my hands against his body. He just won’t stop. After I vented out my embarrassment and spun around again to say something to the guys only to see that they are still kneeled on the ground, I felt the blush once more creep onto my skin. “What are you doing!? Get up! Get up!” My hands flailed around the front of their faces, raising them up from their positions in a rush.

“Well then, now that’s all settled, let’s head back,” JeongKi said after they all stood up. 

That escalated quickly.

“I’d let you guys be our advisors.” Bowan nodded approvingly at his statement and I agreed too. It seemed like a great idea. Maybe.

“What about your body guards for emergency cases?” Hoseok asked once we were outside the door.

“Then you four men will be our body guards since you took great care of my sis.” Bowan laughed again when he had me in a head locked, ruffling my hair. Both I didn’t like.

“Oh-ho.” My voice darkened as I cracked my knuckles one by one while still being held captive by my brother. “You better let go or I will break your arms."

“You’re too cute!”

Then he started peppering kisses all over me. I swear this is the same person who told me not to initiate skin ship in school. I gave up and let him drag me back to my dorm. To make matters more humiliating for me, the other guys wouldn’t stop guffawing at me the whole way.

it.


 ∙•∙•∙•∙•∙

Uhh… Hey guys. So, it’s been a while and I’m doing better if you’re wondering. Well, I gave you a double update because when I went of my sort-of hiatus, I nearly finished chpt 21 so I was like why not write chpt 22 and make it a double update. I'm so sorry I didn’t know it would take this long if I knew I would’ve update earlier with chpt 21. So truly sorry.

And comments would be nice...

Your Author-Nim,
kevinoppa

῟ᴥ῟