Chapter 26

Idols' Conflict

Previously…

Luhan showed Bomin her future and core power through colours, but he would not speak of it.

Zephon, Harpe of Izeta, suddenly appeared and pledged to protect the rulers with his life.

Junyoung and Bomin share an intimate moment by the willow tree.

 

“Stop it, Jun! I will kill you after this!”

“Then I won’t stop.” Junyoung let out his evilest cackle.

“ing stop, you evil piece of hot !” I flung my arms to distract him, but it didn’t work.

Junyoung trapped my body, breaths violently puffed out as he smirked playfully at me. “That was some colourful language. Wait ‘till Soohyun hears about it.”

“No! Don’t!” He ran off and I took chase.

Junyoung’s long legs quickly distanced himself from me and ran towards the dorms. However, I followed closely behind, not knowing that my powers had awoken. It felt natural to stretch my arms and pull Junyoung in from the other side of the hallway. The sensation of weightlessness filled my core as I heard him scream in shock and held him against my body. “Now I caught you.”

“What the , Bomin. Give me a shout next time.”

I only laughed in his face and proceeded to drag him back to the dorm after securing him in a headlock. “This is what you get for threatening me.” He only whimpered, body rocking with giggles. Crazy boy. I tightened my hold and heard him gulp. Although the position we were in was awkward as hell, my pride didn’t allow my steps to falter. I crashed into the dorm, igniting a chorus of shocked gasps as I presented an ego-depleting Junyoung.

Eli was the first to start guffawing, hands reaching out to slap a table. Slowly, the other men joined in, Junyoung only groaning in embarrassment and wiggled to free himself. Deciding that he had enough humiliation to last a year, I let him go in a tangled heap.

“Oh, my bananas, finally! Bomin, I will hunt you down in your sleep.” Junyoung shook his fist at me from the ground where he lay face down.

“Stupid empty threats,” I muttered before heading to the kitchen for a glass of water. I could still hear my dorm mates laughing while an inhumane noise accompanied them. I thought over my schedule for the day, and came up with nothing. Great, guess I’ll do some more training. I grabbed my gear before calling to the guys that I wouldn’t be back for a few hours. I tapped my mind into Minseok’s and told him the same thing in case he wanted to drop by. I could have sworn I heard Luhan grunting and panting. I quickly retracted my mental connection and teleported myself to the arena.

My hands reached for Zephon in the buckle that Minseok kindly provided me with. I laid him across my lap as I sat down on the grass and concentrated on my core energy. I imagined my other half and grasped his hands between mine. His head was bowed down and I felt his shuddering hands. Minam, what’s wrong? I asked.

I-I can feel him. He wants to hurt you.

My heartbeat picked up. Who?

That man with purple eyes and red hair. Minam lifted his head and stared into my eyes. He seemed so innocent. I regretted discovering my core.

Purple eyes and red hair? My memories nagged me at the back of my head. Suddenly, the hair on my neck and arms rose. Yixing. Why would he want to hurt me? Minam, how do you know this?

It’s my intuition. I can sense those who wish to harm you.

I really need to find a way to separate their souls.

Bomin, I think I can help with that. His voice seemed so hopeful and confident; I couldn’t doubt him.

How?

I can possess Lay’s body, swap with his soul and fight with Yixing, only if you give me permission. His eyes brightened, and a large grin appeared.

Minam, wouldn’t that be dangerous? Would I still be connected to you? And Luhan knows how to rid Lay of his other soul too… I didn’t miss the way his eyes glanced to the side before resting on my face. I let his hands go and dragged both of us to sit down, Minam opposite of me.

I don’t really know. I haven’t tried to come out of you. Minam dropped in head in embarrassment. However, I was happy that he was beginning to be honest with me.

Do you want to try?

Without waiting for an answer, I closed my eyes and focused on channelling my energy towards Minam. I heard him gasp then silence took over. It worked.

“Bomin, open your eyes.” I tentatively cracked open my eyelids, squinting at the sudden brightness of the light. Strong arms envelope my waist as a breath my cheeks. “You’ve done it. I’ll be forever thankful and loyal to you, Bomin.”

The boy who I have seen in my mind and possess my core energy smiled down at me. His eyes were filled with so much excitement, I felt it infecting me. My hand flew to his head, ruffling his surprisingly coarse hair that ironically, felt nice to touch. “Let’s go.” He nodded in response and stepped away from me.

I stared at my outstretched hand and willed for my energy to become the wind. Feather-soft of air slid against my arms. I looked up to see Minam gone from his spot. I didn’t panic. I knew he was the wind. I told him to increase his . The targets ahead of me flew away, some splintering into pieces. I added flames. They the sides of the wind, gaining size only when I allowed oxygen to be provided for them.

I could feel how ecstatic Minam was. I respected him as a separate person and he in turn, respected me, and did not fear me. My brows furrowed together when snippets of a dream invaded my thoughts.

“So, how’s Minam doing in there?”

“Oh, he’s getting stronger and better. What about you, Minji?”

“Still beating Minam.”

“Hey! At least I can make it out for this long!” A searing pain rippled across my body…

“Hey, Bomin, do you know how to skip stones?”

Did something happen to me? Was that why I couldn’t control Minam outside my body in that dream?

A choked gasp left my throat. A force, the strength of unbendable metal, clasped around my wrists, legs, and waist. A scream sounded on my left and the agony heightened, a grunt forcing its way out of me. The sight I discovered next to me almost tore my bicep if it hadn’t been for the scream that ripped through me, my body stiffening under control of the force. Minam struggled with the suffering he felt through me and my heart ached with regret. I should not have heeded to his wishes if I knew he was to be hurt, by foe or by ally. A shout full of rage snatched me back into reality.

Luhan walked into my vision, his face seething with fury. “Yang Bomin, do you not realise the danger you have put yourself and Minam in? What if one of those Zanlamias slipped in and attacked you at your most vulnerable state?” His normally flat hair seemed blown up as if corresponding with Luhan’s emotions.

I grimaced at the anger laced in his voice. “Luhan, calm down first.” He snapped out of his wrath, as if he had been commanded to do so; maybe he was. “Let us go, you’re hurting us. Please, Luhan.” I could see his eyes return to normal and his tense body relax once again.

“I’m sorry, Bomin. I don’t know what came over me.” He shook his head and rubbed his face with his hands. With that, the force holding us disappeared and I immediately ran to Minam’s side to check if he was okay. He only chuckled and nodded his head.

“Luhan, sir, we were only experimenting if I would be able to take a physical form and exert power as a core energy. Please don’t be angry at Bomin.” I raised my eyebrows at Minam’s address while Luhan solemnly inclined his head.

“Sir?” I questioned, lips curving up.

Minam shrugged. “It seemed appropriate as he was the one along with his mate who protected you before I came.”

———

Bowan panted heavily, lying on the ground with his limbs stretched out to embrace the natural wind. “How’s my sister doing, Minseok?”

Said man frowned in concentration before an amused smile took over. “She just unlocked the ability to transfer her core energy into a physical body, but Luhan felt the vulnerability of her core energy so exposed. He quickly teleported to her and reprimanded them both.”

“Wow. That sounds like a pickle.” Bowan chuckled light-heartedly, his knees cracking as he rose from his spot. He had just finished a lesson of physical combat with Minseok. Honestly speaking, he was very much looking forward to the next one. He found solace in each swing of his fists, the muscles stretching to accommodate the force of every kick, eyes flitting to all directions. He loved the thrill it gave him when the opponent was not visible, ears straining for the slightest of sounds. He favoured the ache in his body after a training session and the tiredness that often came. His body literally glowed whenever a grunt was heard. Bowan loved to prove himself worthy.

“Let’s head back for now.” With that, Minseok disappeared. Bowan stayed behind for a couple of minutes, relishing in his surroundings then he willed himself out.

The sight he came back to deepened his frown, anger flaring in the pits of his stomach. He hated how that man smiled at his sister and how he locked onto every single word that came out of . He definitely didn’t like the way Junyoung sat close to Bomin. Call him possessive, he didn’t care; he just wanted to protect his sister, especially after that incident. Bowan hadn’t been able to forgive himself for it. He still remembered her terrified eyes and her trembling form and how she had cried for help whenever she fell asleep.

A soft slap to the face brought him back to the present.

“Hey, are you listening?” Luhan’s worried face came into his vision.

“Sorry, I zoned out. What were you talking about?” Bowan mentally shook himself to concentrate at the conversation.

Luhan narrowed his eyes, searching for something. “Don’t worry about it.” He left the boy alone and vanished around a corner.

While Bowan stood there, perplexed, Bomin had noticed the exchange between both boys. She tuned in on Junyoung’s voice once again but not before giving her brother another glance.

“So how does that sound?”

“Sounds good.”

Right after those words left , Bomin’s senses tingled, and the hairs on her body stood up in nervousness. She shivered at the sudden cold draft that swept through the room before the walls vibrated in the slightest. Somebody shouted for Minseok to stop messing around, but she knew Minseok wasn’t responsible. Involuntarily, her body tensed up. Hasty footsteps rebounded in the room and Luhan appeared out of a corner, dishevelled. “They’ve invaded the school! Bomin and Bowan, follow me! Minseok, you protect the others!” In a spilt second, all three were sprinting down the corridor. Bomin didn’t know what their destination was, but she trusted Luhan. His hardened face alluded to the severity of the situation. She had directed her eyes to what was ahead before a soothing, yet strange sensation engulfed her entire body. It was like the warmth of another person, being comforted. Her steps faltered a little, perplexed at her body’s reaction.

I’m trying to hug you, Bomin. It, uh, seems to be working. Don’t worry, I won’t let anyone hurt you.

Bomin had never wanted to break down and laugh in such circumstances. However, she managed to smile widely at how adorable Minam could be. Thanks. A vibration against Bomin’s hips travelled up her body. She spared a glance at the weapon by her side before catching up to Bowan and Luhan, knowing that Zephon will show himself very soon.

“Luhan, where are we going?” her brother shouted while they turned another left. Said man kept quiet, speeding up in response. Bomin could sense him helping them run by his side. Windows of the normal classrooms flew by. Her brows furrowed when she saw students sitting by their desks and the teachers at the front of the classroom. They didn’t seem fazed by what just happened. Maybe they couldn’t see it. Oh, right, they were humans.

She remembered when everything was normal before coming to Korea. She had teachers who she disliked. She had people who were envious of her background. She had wonderful friends. Everything was normal. Bomin was shocked out of her mind when she first discovered this new world. It was very unpredictable to say the least. She did not know when she began to separate herself from normal people, who she used to be. Honestly, it scared her; how she called them humans and placed a line between them. The tear-streaked faces of Bomin, Queen Axia’s, people who called out for her invaded her mind. The thick fog disappeared from her conscience and her resolve once again strengthened. She must protect them from the evils of Izeta. The image quickly faded into Lay’s curled body on his bed. He trembled, and whimpers escaped his mouth. She saw the flickering expression of Yixing, the canvian, the one who desired to ruin Lay. She remembered her vow to destroy the second soul. Bomin was more confident with the aid of Minam, her brother, Luhan and Minseok.

I will save you Lay. I will not let you endure any pain.

Bomin’s legs sharply pivoted to the right and she, along with Bowan and Luhan, entered a rather small room. It emitted energy off its walls, the tendrils of power her arms. It seemed to hum a bass tone as if reassuring those who rested within its walls. It was a dark room, but with a flick of his wrist, Luhan lit the candles that adorned the shelves littered around the room. Bomin swore she could hear a few wild squeaks. Her eyes darted to soak in the serene environment. The floor and walls were covered with tiles that seemed to imitate stone. It was strange, with such a closed off room, the air smelled fresh and clean; it was like they were outside.

“Luhan, this place is safe, right?” Bomin’s brother broke the silence that engulfed them.

“Yes, it is sealed off with my abilities. Nobody can come in without my permission.” Luhan stepped forward and traced his fingertips along the wall. “I made this room when Minseok and I needed a short retreat and I decided to keep the place. It’s very convenient when I need it; wherever I go, it comes with me.” He suddenly titled his head, concentrating on something. “The others are coming.” Not long after those words, a thud against the door shook Bomin out of her tour of the room.

“Luhan, it’s Minseok!” a voice shouted through the walls.

There was a mischievous smirk planted on Luhan’s face. “What did I say last Tuesday while teasing Kyungsoo?”

“What the ’s with your hairline? Looks like a penguin ate and regurgitated it.”

The twins stifled their laughter while Luhan unlocked the door for Minseok. Kyungsoo stood next to him with hardened eyes. Sweeping her gaze over the crowd, Bomin noticed that everybody seemed tired but calm. With a jump, she ran to Junyoung. “Are you okay? Nothing happened to you, right?”

Failing to spot the smirk on his face, Bomin’s heart raced when Junyoung suddenly clutched his stomach as he groaned in pain. “, I think something stabbed while we were running.” He heard her gasp loudly before she ran her hands over his arms.

“Oh, my God! Minam save him!”

Master, he has tricked you.

Junyoung quickly spotted the annoyance in Bomin’s eyes. With a hoarse shout, he ran into the room and hit behind a crate that magically appeared. “Luhan, you ing stay out of this!” She heard everybody laughing, but she did not know who the laughter was directed to. Bomin only scowled and stepped back in defeat. “You’ve been such a pain in the since this morning so consider yourself lucky my brother’s here.”

With a cough, Minseok caught everybody’s attention. “Jokes aside now, we are in danger, hence this room. We need everyone to cooperate and do as we say. The rest of U-KISS follow me. Junyoung, you stay with Bomin. EXO, you all stick with Luhan. Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung and Junkook will defend and direct B.A.P and the rest. Bowan, you’re coming with me. Let’s go!”

 


 

Hi Conflictors! I'm sorry about the long hiatus. Year twelve became very stressful and hectic. 
But, I pulled through somehow and is now enjoying my well-deserved break before Uni. 
So how's the story coming along? Tbh I think it's developing well. What do you think will happen?

- kevinoppa