Chapter 5

Idols' Conflict

ONE WEEK EARLIER…

*UKISS SOOHYUN’s POV*

I was walking by to my next schedule in the NH Building when I saw the manager walk out of the Boss’s office. I felt a little uneasy; it was the same feeling when Xander and Kibum walked into the office only to receive bad news. I wonder what will happen this time. But, I must put on a strong image for my members. I didn't want them to worry too much. So I just walked by like I didn’t see Manager.

As I slumbered to the dance room, I tried to act as usual. I opened the doors to the members sprawled out on the floor.

“Hey, Soohyun! We were waiting for you so we can start!” Maknae Jun greeted me, clinging onto my arms like always. He has always been so cute.

“Sorry for the wait,” I apologised, “So, can we start?”

“Yeah. Hey! Everybody get into your position for the intro!” The dance teacher yelled at the rest of the members and the back-up dancers.

When they were ready, we practiced for like an eternity, but everybody needed that practice for our comeback is nearing.

At the end of the dance practice, everybody was sweating up a storm. But I can’t take my mind off Manager-Hyung. I’m so worried. What will happen? In the next minute my curiosities will be satisfied.

Manager-Hyung walked in through the door.

“Everybody dance practice is over! Now come with me. I have something very important to tell you.” he waved us over to a room.

At this stage everybody is feeling tensed and worried, I can feel it.

“So, I was talking to the Boss earlier and don’t worry it’s not bad news, you can all let out your breath.”

Everyone including me let our breath out, now that we have been reassured that it is not bad news.

All that worrying for nothing. Thank the big head of mine.

“Ok, so the Boss and I have reached a decision. We decided that you all should go back to school.”

“What did you say? Why are we going back to school!?” I shouted while the other members are whooping.

“Well, we thought that you guys haven’t had much of an education before you debuted, because all of you dropped out of school and joined this company. So we thought that it would be best for you guys to go back to school to be educated again,” he explained.

“But I didn’t drop out of school before I made my debut,” I spoke up, against this idea.

“Well, as you can see, the other members seem to be happy to go back to school. This one time, do something great for the benefit of your group. Don’t worry, you’ll be on hiatus but first you need to make your comeback then go to school.”

“Okay then, for the sake of the younger members,” I replied.

Actually, I want to go back to school so badly. You know... I was acting. I just wanted to know why the company is taking us back to school. Well, this is my job as leader; to make sure what is happening.

“Oh, for your information, there are other groups going back to school too.”

“Oh, that’s nice. At least I know that we won’t be lonely. Do you know which ones?” I asked Manager.

“Unfortunately, no. The Boss won’t tell me,” I think I see the Manager pouting… Such a rare sight.

“Hmm. What about which school we are going to?”

“Yeah, I know that one. It’s Buchan Private Boarding School.”

 

***

*Your POV*

I looked around the dorm… It seemed a little empty. Well, the Principal said that my roommates will be coming tomorrow. Since I am the only one here, I will choose the best room in this dorm. I chose a room and settled myself in and got my stuff out from my suitcase that was earlier taken by a kind student who put it in the dorm. I hope he didn’t steal anything. I took everything in my suitcase and put them in the drawers.

Once I finished unpacking my clothes and other necessities, I take my laptop out (Luckily the school has wi-fi) and went immediately to YouTube. Hey, don’t judge me. I just want see if there are any new videos. Then, I remembered something.

The MV!! OHMYGOSH!! How can I forget about it? FML!

Okay, clam down. My body has to calm down. I have seen the teaser already; I’m expecting that the MV would be worse or better, depending how you look at it, than the teaser. So I have to ready my body for this video.

I very calmly typed in the title into the search box. When the results came in, I clicked on the first video and waited for it to load. It finally popped up.

 

***

OH.MY.GOD. I don’t know what to say to this. Like, did I just watched U-KISS’s version of ? I’m not sure anymore. My mind just got ruined. I don’t know what to do. Well, to me U-KISS is still the goofy boys of when they first debuted. But they got through all those hardships while becoming the top international Kpop group.

BUT! Those girls….what are they thinking, touching my boys like that. 끼부리지마, es. Ain’t nobody gonna flirt with mah boys or even touch them except us fangirls or their future wives. You gotta know the minds of the fangirls/fanboys. I could just kill you with words and heck, I bet everybody has more people they want to kill added on to their list. So you better watch out or we will find you and we will kill you.

Anyway, reviewing the MV like a badass teacher (EatYourKimChi) I really liked the guitar and the way that U-KISS sings “no no no no~” it gets stuck in your head and it’s very catchy. But that’s what Kpop is about; it has to get stuck in your mind and echo for all eternity. Just kidding.

I sighed for the upteeth time today. It feels so weird when there’s nobody to talk Kpop to. Once I finished settling in, I got out of the dorm and set out to make friends. It wasn’t a very long journey; I just went to the neighbouring dorm and knocked on the door.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

“Is there anybody inside?” I said loud enough to make sure that if there is anybody, they can hear me.

 

***

*One Day Earlier - Jessica’s POV*

WHOA~ what a day! I’m so glad to have met cute little Yang Bomin on the plane; she looks so cute with her brother. I’m like in love with them. I could just go on a date with either of them and I wouldn’t mind at all.

That sounded creepy.

No more fantasising, cuz I have to get ready to arrive at my school which starts next week. I hailed a taxi at the airport and told the driver to drive me straight to Buchan Private Boarding School.

After 40 minutes of guffawing in the city, I arrived at the school which made my mouth and eyes bigger than before, same goes for the driver.

“WOW! I didn’t know such a school exists!” The taxi driver gasps in awe.

“Me too! I expected something good but not this great!” I exclaimed.

“Maybe because it’s private so we won’t know,”

I nodded in approval to his statement.

“Well, here’s the money for the ride. Thank you so much!” I bowed respectfully after getting out and the kind old driver returned my bow before he drove off.

I just stood in the middle of the green field in front of the school, gaping at this magnificent building towering above me. Then, in the corner of my eye I see a really handsome guy walking towards me. And because he looks like he doesn’t mean any evil intent, I turn to face him.

“So your name is Jessica Shin, the new student?” He suddenly asked me when he reached within hearing distance.

“Um… Y-yes” I stammered, surprised that he knew my name.

“It is my pleasure to welcome you to this school. I am the principal here. My name is Un JeongKi. I will show you around the school then drop you off in your dorm.” He smiled at me while I’m blushing from the unexpected meeting..

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too.” I bowed to him.

“Okay, so let’s get started!”

***

“So here is your dorm and I hope you enjoy learning in this school because I can guarantee you that you will love this place!” he said smiling very sweetly.

“I’ll enjoy my time here, sir. Thank you for taking your time off to show me this fantastic school!”

I’ll enjoy learning now. This boarding school is like magic!

“Oh, I forgot to mention to you; there will be a little surprise for you in two days. Please do not die before then.” I am pretty sure that is sarcasm in his voice.

“O-Okay…”

“So, I’ll leave you to settle down in this dorm. I’ll see you next week.” He walked off leaving me perplexed and confused.

Well, I better unpack my luggage; don’t want the people who will be coming here to think I’m lazy.

But first, I need to choose a room to settle in. I look around the dorm and chose the room at the farthest end. This is because if there is any person approaching my room I can get ready to face them…? I don’t know if that is right. Let me try again. If there is like a stranger coming to my room I can get ready to beat the crap out of them. Yeah, that’s more like it.

COME AT ME PEOPLE!!

When I finish putting my clothes in the cupboards, I take my decorations out for the room. That’s including posters and albums of my favourite Kpop groups who are: U-KISS, EXO, Beast, BAP and more. Hopefully my roommates won’t hate me for this.

I snapped out of my daydreaming of Kpop Boys when I heard a quiet knock on the door.

“Come in!” I yelled from my room to the person at the door and walking out of my room to the door.

A head popped in. “Are you the new kid?” I nodded.

“It’s so nice to meet you,” the girl said as she came in. “My name is Ju Dayoung and the principal told me to pick you up for dinner in the eating hall,” she said.

“Now that you mentioned it, I do feel a little bit hungry. Haha!,” I laughed out, “Anyway, my name is Jessica Shin.” We both bowed to each other and shook hands.

“So, let’s get going, yeah?” Dayoung said.

“Eung! Let’s go! “

So we set off, on the journey to the dining room which was filled with treacherous things like teachers staring earnestly at us and scary students greeting me.  (Nah I’m just messing with you)

The walk to the eating hall was filled with conversation, with Dayoung and I asking questions about each other.

“So why did you take the trouble and decide to study here in Korea and not study in your home country?” Dayoung asked me.

“Well… I wanted a change of scenery, climate, noise level and behaviour. But the main reason is … I love you Korean people!! Like you guys are so pretty even though I’m Korean myself and your music is awesome~” I basically sang out like a bird.

“Really? So what’s it like in your country?”

“Well, I lived in Australia before I came here,” I told her.

“Ah! Au-seu-teu-a-ri-a?” Dayoung tried to say the name in strange English, almost like Latin, “Isn’t that America’s twin?”

“Yeah. I can't believe that I grew up in Australia. Like, it's so messed up now. The Prime Ministers changed three times in one year. And the school that I went… Never mind I don't want to ruin your perfect innocence of learning."

“Hey, it’s alright. You’ll make new friends here and keep in contact with your Australian friends, okay?” She pulled me into a hug, while I tried to control myself from crying. Partly because she cared and partly because of my horrible school back home.

“Thank you.” I’m so grateful that I met this nice person. Maybe it was fate to be friends with her.

“Now turn that frown upside down and let’s go get some dinner!”

When we arrived at the eating hall, the Principal Un JeongKi greeted me and thanked Ju Dayoung for leading me here, but she said that the pleasure was all hers.

My thoughts were immediately casted away as I looked around the place, I was so amazed that such food exists in a school. My mouth is salivating just knowing it.

I pulled on Dayoung’s sleeve like a kid. “Hey, Dayoung-Sshi, can we get some food and sit down? I’m getting very hungry here.”

“Okay, I’ll show you how we get food here.” She pulled me around people to get to the end of one of the many lines, “Now we wait to get to the front of the line.”

When we were finally in the front of the line, Dayoung ordered what she wanted and I ordered the same. When we got our food, I just couldn’t resist any more so I quickly found a table that is free and practically ran for my life so I wouldn’t eat my whole plate in front of everybody. I look back at Dayoung to see that she is walking as slow as a freaking turtle.

“Hurry up, Dayoung-Sshi I really need to eat! I can’t resist any longer!” I yelled at her.

“Okay!” she yelled back at me, now walking a bit faster, finally getting the idea.

Once I reached the table I immediately sit down and tried to block out my senses from the food sitting in front of me which helped a little and only a little. I was released from my torment when Dayoung finally sat down in front of me.

“Finally, I can no longer resist this platter of food on the table,” I said, feeling free.

I pick up the chopsticks and put a mouthful of food in my mouth, “Whoa! The food here is so amazing!” I said stuffing more of the food in my mouth.

“Glad you like it!” Ju Ju grinned.  (Just another nickname)

We sat there enjoying our food when a cute girl wearing nerdy glasses (Like Kiseop) walked up to our table.

“So that’s where you were! We’ve been looking all over for you!” She said to Ju Ju.

“Is she your friend?” I asked Ju Ju. She nodded saying yes.

“Hey guys! I found her!” the girl yelled to a group of more girls. When will this end?

“Oh? Are you the new student?” She finally noticed me.

“Hello. My name is Jessica Shin,” I got up from my seat to bow at her. Better not give a bad first impression.

 “Now, now. No need for formality. By the way, my name is Sara Jong, with Sara pronounced as Sarah,” the girl with the glasses introduced and bowed.

“Are you an International student?” I asked Sara.

“Yeah. I’m from America,” She told me.

“WOW! I’m from Australia. At least we can speak English to each other,” I chuckled.

“Well then, we should meet up some time and tell some stories.”

“I’d love to!” I smiled.

“Is this the newbie?” A girl with long straight black hair shining like the stars in the night sky stepped out from the three girls who were looking for Ju Ju.

“Hello. My name is Jessica Shin,” I introduced myself to the girls.

“Hey, my name is Jang Vicki,” she introduced herself.

“My name is Jia Chin,” A short but cute girl with glasses said.

“And my name is Lee Mihyun,” The tallest girl said.

“Now that we’ve all met, can we have our lunch?” Dayoung said.

“Oh! Sure! But can we join you?” Vicki requested.

“Whatever.”

When the quadrio came back with their dinners, we had a fun time talking and knowing about each other kind of stuff.

“Hey, do you guys like Kpop?” I blurted out randomly.

Everybody at the table stared at me for about two seconds.

“OMG! YESS!” Everybody like blew my eardrums away.

“So which group or groups do you like?” I asked bluntly.

“Too many to name!” They yelled again.

“Well, I have four main groups that I like and they are not on a particular order. First is U-KISS ―” Then everybody starts fangirling very loudly, “Guise, guise! Let me finish my sentence first then you can carry on your screaming,” I waited ‘till they finished. “Okay, so the first one is U-KISS, second is B.A.P, third is BEAST and the last one is EXO, again this is in no particular order, just remember that.”

There was a moment of silence… “Umm… You can start now.”

The four girls started screaming so loud that most of the people in the eating hall were staring at us.

“Guys! You gotta quiet down! Man! You’re too loud.” I shook my head at them.

When they quieted down and finally able to hold a decent conversation, we chatted away for about an hour before I started to feel tired.

“Hey, girls? Can I go back to my dorm? I feel kinda tired,” I yawned out.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. That’s fine. I bet you had a tiring day.” Mihyun and everybody waved me off as I walked off to my dorm to sleep.

I showered first then changed into my pyjamas. As I lay in my bed, I thought about the day so far, it was really fun. All the people I met were so outgoing and positive. Can my life get any better? Back at home there was nobody to talk Kpop to; I was so lonely.

I yawned and closed my eyes. In no time I fell asleep.

***

As it closed in on 6 o’clock in the morning, my eyes started to flutter open. I looked around my room then got up from the bed. I did all my morning rituals and changed my clothes. I headed down to the eating hall to get some breakfast. As I walked down the main hall it was quiet like a good quiet but there was one dorm that looked kinda evil for some odd reason.

Like really?

I decided not to go near it.

When I arrived at the eating hall, I saw that there were a few people lazing about eating breakfast and talking. I walked up to the counter and ordered Kimchi soup and noodles with a few side dishes alongside it. I got my food and sat at a random table. I sat there eating my food peacefully until this weird guy came up to my table.

He put his hands on the table leaning towards me. “So, why’s there a cute looking girl sitting on my table?” he said, getting closer by the second.

“Uh, excuse me, can you not get close? By the way, I’m just sitting here eating my breakfast and I so happen to be in the mood to choose a random table and the table happens to be yours,” I said, getting angry, “I’m sorry that I wasted some of your precious time. I’ll be leaving now.” Gosh playboys these days.

The guy looked really surprised that I reacted this way. He smirked looking at me leave the table, “By the way, my name is Yang GoMi. You might need to remember that.” He winked at me before walking off while I sat there fuming at him.

Well, since I finished my breakkie, I walked back to my dorm to lounge around. I looked at the clock in the dorm. It’s around 7 am. I wandered around the dorm looking into the different rooms. I chuckled to myself. Looks like I got the best room.

Well, first come, first serve.

As I wandered around more, I saw that there was a mini kitchen to make snacks which is sweet. And I also saw that there were 3 bathrooms with toilets next to them. That’s cool because I would appreciate it if my roommates would give me some privacy in the bathroom. Just saying, ‘cuz I’m the type of person who would whack anybody if I see them peek in on me, whether it be boy or girl or my bias. Well… unless I’m married; I wouldn’t mind at all.

So, back to business. After all the wandering around, I went back to my room and opened my laptop. Oh, did I mention that I already watched Quit Playing? Well, I did. I gotta say that I didn’t mind all those sensitive scenes because U-KISS is all grown up and they can do whatever they want. Plus, I think NH Media picked this concept with good intentions. But if those girls did something worse to those boys, Imma stalk every single one of them to their homes and murder their face off. And I mean it.

On a more nice topic, I heard a knock on the door.

*Bomin’s POV*

“Is there anybody outside!?” I shouted through the door.

“Hello?” said an all too familiar voice, “OMG!! Bomin! Is it really you!?" Jessica bear hugged me a little bit too tight.

“Bling Bling. Too. Tight. Can’t. Breathe. Choking.” I struggled to breathe properly.

“Oh! I’m sorry.” She let me go. “Are you okay?” Jessica kept patting me on the back to get my oxygen flowing in me. “Anyways, who is Bling Bling?”

When I could finally breathe I said, “It’s a nickname I gave you.”

She smiled, “Well, it’s a great nickname. Can I call you BoBo? Yes, I heard you and your brother on the plane.”

“That’s totally fine.” I chuckled. “So why are you here?”

Jessica lightly punched my head, “I enrolled here, Pabo. What about you? I thought you said you didn’t know what school you’re going to.”

“I really didn’t know until my Dad said the school we got enrolled to was Buchan Private Boarding School.” I sighed at my Dad’s foolishness.

“Hey, did you meet the Principal?” I poked Bling Bling in the ribs.

“Wasn’t he cute? He doesn’t look like 25 at all… What? Do you like him?” Jessica said mocking me.

“What!? EWWW!! HELL NO!! Dude! He’s like 10 years older than me!” I yelled in her face in disgust.

“I’m just kidding! LOL. You should have seen the look on your face!” She was practically rolling on the floor.

“Whatever,” I scowled down at her.

“Awww. Don’t be angry”

“I’m not angry.”

Suddenly, Jessica got up clapped her hands which scared me a little, ”Bomin, have you eaten breakfast yet?”

“No.”

“Oh. My. God. You gotta see the cafeteria. It is awesome,” she sang.

“Okay,” I replied.

As Jessica dragged me along with her, I saw that some people were stating to wake up and head towards the cafeteria to eat.

When we entered the huge eating hall, I was carried away by the smell of the delicious food displayed in front of me.

“My gosh. This smells so good~~” I closed my eyes and let myself sink in to the smell.

“Hey, Bomin, snap out of it. You’re here to eat not enjoy the smell. I know it’s incredible, but aren’t you hungry?”

 “HELL YEAH! C’mon, let’s grab some food,” This time I dragged Jessica towards the counter.

“Sorry, but I already ate. I’ll still come with you though.”

“Okay, I’m happy either way, ‘cuz I can finally eat!” Jessica laughed while I punched the air.

I looked up at the menu board and wow. There was just too many to choose.

“Hey! Jessica!” I turned towards the people who shouted.

“Hai~ Everybody. Are you guys here to eat breakfast?” Jessica asked them.

“Yeah… say who is that person?” One of the girls with black glasses pointed at me.

“Hello. My name is Yang Bomin and I’m a friend of Jessica.” And everybody introduced themselves and ordered their food after.

When we received our food, everybody walked to a bigger table at the back.

“Look, our group has just grown so we need a bigger table. Hopefully, this one isn’t taken,” Sara-sshi laughed sheepishly

It’s like my first day at this school and I already have friends. I’m so happy, I’m gonna cry.

“Hey guys, when we finish can everybody come with me to see my brother?” I asked. 

“You have a brother? Is he cute? How old is he? Is he tall?” All the girls apart from Jessica yelled in a high pitched voice at me. And there’s Jessica laughing herself to death again.

“Uh, yes and he just looks exactly like me. We’re twins.” Everybody kinda fsquealed and slapped me and I just wanted to hide. They were so scary.

“All right, guys. Let’s all finish breakfast then go and visit Bomin’s brother.” Jessica you saved me.

All the girls quieted down and ate their food. Well, before I knew it they were finished. It seemed like they want to meet my bro very badly. I shall warn him of the danger that will come.


 

Hello, guys! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter even though it’s really late.

I’ll see you all in the next chapter. I love you all people out there and please no silent readers apart from that person. Just so you know I want to be an English teacher in Korea so yeah, comment your thoughts on this story!!! Love you all!! <3


Update: 19/12/2014

I just noticed that there were so many mistakes in this chapter. I'm sorry to those people who read this earlier and didn't what they were reading half the time. I’m so sorry!! I'll make future chapters better!! Again I'm so very sorry!

Author-Nim, kevinoppa.
^ᴥ^