Chapter 15

Idols' Conflict

Despite all the things I want to know about Luhan and Xiumin, I have school today. Don't worry, I shall pester them after school or maybe at lunch.

“Does anybody even remember the path to our classroom?” I asked the U-Kiss members as we went about the dorm getting ready for our second day of school.

Choruses of ‘no’ resonated through various rooms.

“Oh, good, ‘cuz I remember it,” I said, fitting my books into my bag. “I knew you guys wouldn’t even remember,” I muttered.

Seems like I have to get used to the paintings in that hallway; they really creep me out. Just a random thought.

I heard loud chattering as we dorm mates headed out the door. Good. Everybody’s here.

Jessica came bouncing and enveloped me in her arms. “Good morning, Bomin!”

“Morning to you too! Are you ready for school?” I asked, returning her hug with just as much force.

“Yeah! I’m totally ready!” I chortled loudly after hearing the amount of sarcasm latched in her voice.

“Me too!” I replied back with the same level of negative humour.

“Bomin! Bomin!” I felt something soft touch my back, easily interrupting my and Jessica’s conversation.

“What’s up, Lay?” I smiled at how cute Lay seems.

“Can you check my bag for me?” He pleaded me with puppy eyes as he held his bag in front of me.

“Why?”

“You know how I’m forgetful plus I don’t trust any of the guys to go through my bag. So please?” Oh my Gosh. He even pulled out his cute voice. I can’t just resist.

“You cute little unicorn! Of course Bo Bo will check for you!”

“Yay!”

“Now you’ve got your bag of course, 5 subject books, your pencil case with the pencils in it and your phone. So that’s basically everything you need. I think Mr. Yun will give us text books in class. So other than that, you’re all good!”

“It’s the first time I haven’t forgotten anything!” Lay jumped around in joy like the cute little child he is while I laugh because of how he bumped into the other people around us.

“What are you doing here, Kai?” I raised my eyebrows in questioning when he appeared after Lay went off exclaiming something about sorcery or a miracle that had just happened.

“I thought I came here so that you can check my body out? Don't think that I didn't notice the way you looked at Lay's thighs.”

“What the hell?”

Because I was looking at his face, I didn’t notice that he started to his shirt from the bottom. It wasn’t until I looked down to stare at my feet to hide my annoyance when he smirked at me again, did I see his naughty hands.

“WHAT THE HELL IN THE SHYTE?! Why are you taking your clothes off?! You can get fined for public ! Just cover up!” I yelled in his face as I fling my arms up to block my vision.

“What the shibiz bizboosh?” Jessica suddenly made use of her newly made-on-the-spot swear word, cutting off her conversation with Yongguk and earning a few chuckles with her ridiculous word.

“What?” I feigned ignorance since everybody had their attention on the two of us.

“I heard something about somebody taking off their clothes.” She gave me one of those you-can’t-hide-from-this looks. The guys were now staring at me either in shock or in humour.

I quickly glance at Kai and a caught a glimpse of his hands folded across his chest. Thank God. His shirt and buttons have once again reunited together as one. Did you know how pained the buttons were when they and the shirt separated? I would’ve gone and bowed my head against the ground, shouting, “Praise the almighty heavens!” like an old church lady if it wasn’t for the mass of people watching me.

“I said why do you have your calculus book?” I ended the sentence with a not so awkward laugh.

Nice save.

“Uh-huh.”

“Why would you even have a calculus book anyway?” Tao spoke up, totally falling for my well planned save.

“Oh my wordy! Tao you are alive! I thought you were dead for the past few days. I nearly upped and called the CIA on everybody,” Baekhyun said with overwhelmingly large doses of sarcasm while flailing his arms in the air.

“Good to know that you care for me,” Tao replied back with the sass face as well as an equal amount of sass inserted in his voice.

“Guys?”

Everybody turned to Jongoop in question. Oh gosh. That nickname, Jongoop; I can never not use it.

“Shouldn’t we be heading to class?” the quiet guy said.

“Oh, yeah! Let’s go!” I cheerfully yelled like we were going on an adventure as I led the guys to our classroom with Jessica beside me and the other guys talking non-stop.

“You having fun living with the guys?” Jessica asked me, knowing full well that the guys behind us can’t hear our conversation.

“It’s actually pretty peaceful apart from the occasional loud awakenings. That aside, they are well behaved. Well, Soohyun, Kiseop and Eli like to tease or I rather call it 'bully the kitten'. Add Dongho as a straight out bully too. Hoon’s too loud especially in the mornings and evenings. He just sings, sings, and sings. And it’s way, WAY off tune. Kevin and Jun are just perfect. They are my angels. I love them.” If you ould see me right now, there would literally be flying angels around my head, hearts in my eyes and my proud mom face.

“Wow. That was a lot of complaints.” Jessica laughed loudly, gaining the attention of those around us.

“What complaints?” Eli asked out of curiosity.

“This woman here.” She pointed her thumb in my direction. “Was complaining about you guys in her dorm.”

“I thought I was loved!” Eli cried as he clutched his chest, fake cried and tumbled to the ground, making the other guys stop in their tracks. “I want to be loved! Kevin come here!” He pulled Kevin, who is next to him, into a bone-crushing hug. I laughed at Kevin when he started to shout in irritation.

I waved my hands like I was swatting flies away from my face. “Yeah. Yeah. You’ll never find the love you’re looking for unless it’s bromance.”

Eli finally cut out of his act as he let go of Kevin, who immediately ran behind me, whimpering, using me as a shelter in case future harassers pop up. Eli showed a playful pained expression on his face. “Ouch.”

“C’mon!” Kris yelled frustratingly from the back.

“Yas, Duizhang!” I yelled back, trudging towards the hallway with the paintings. Ugh… they still creep me out so much.

I decided to power walk my way to the classroom with the others trailing closely behind me, not paying the paintings any of my precious attention. Mr. Yun was standing comfortably outside the classroom door when he appeared in my vision.

“Good morning, sir.” I bowed politely as I stood in front of him. Standing in two lines, (Or one in this case) waiting for the teacher was a habit I picked up from my old school.

“Good morning, Ms. Yang. It’s always so beautiful when I see my class of energetic young people come and stand before me as I greet them and they greet back. Don’t you think that it is such a wonderful sight?” He looked at me with one of the brightest smiles I have ever seen on a teacher.

"... I'll eat you like cheese!" Chanyeol suddenly shouted his rapping line in Wolf, not letting me answer the teacher as he frowned at Chanyeol’s behaviour.

“Mr. Park, I suggest you save that for Music class,” Mr. Yun said with a stern tone, nodding to appreciate Chanyeol’s presence.

“Morning to you too, sir.” He smiled his usual toothy dumb smile, totally not minding the annoyed face the teacher is showing him like a pro.

I should learn from him. It’s like he studied the Bachelor of Ignorance (or Stupidity) and earned a degree in it.

Once everybody has arrived and greeted Mr. Yun, we filed into the classroom. Seeing that my seat is the 4th chair in the front row, (Right in full view of the Teacher’s desk) I didn’t have any trouble sitting on it, waiting for my brother to come in and accompany my lonely soul.

“Hey, Bomin.” Luhan smiled at me as he took the seat next to me.

“Hello.”

“You okay? You must have been exhausted yesterday,” he said as scanned my face for any signs of discomfort.

“I’m alright. You don’t have to worry about me.” I pushed his shoulders back, making him sit in his chair properly.

“If you insist. It won’t be my fault if you have headaches. It always happen for first timers.” He shrugged his shoulders in such a smug manner that I had to punch him lightly in the arm out of irritation.

“Shut up.”

I felt somebody staring black holes into my back when I finished speaking. I looked back to see that D.O was my anonymous starer. I quickly faced the front so he couldn’t see my flushed face.

“If you have anything that’s bothering you, I won’t mind spending my time talking about it with you.”

Luhan must’ve seen our short exchange and sensed the awkwardness in our looks.

“Though I probably know what’s bothering you already.”

I didn’t reply back to him as I greeted my brother with a bro fist. “Yo, bro.”

“Hey,” he greeted still acting as cold as ever.

“C’mon. Drop the act, man. You’re still my Bo Bo.” I deliberately said our nickname in a mocking way to get him annoyed.

“I told you not to call me that!” He shoved my chest as I chuckled a little too loudly at his irritation.

you, sis.

“Oh, c’mon, Bowan. That’s no way to speak to your sister.” Luhan broke our little fight, surprising us with his words. Well not us; just my brother.

“Wait, what?” Bowan turned to him, a confused expression stuck on his face.

“Don’t you remember? I can read your minds. Don’t tell me you’ve already forgotten about yesterday’s little trip though my memories?”

Luhan asked, cocking his eyebrow at my brother.

“Yesterday’s events are pretty hard to forget.”

“So you are aware that I have telekinesis abilities, right?”

I giggled out loud after sensing that slight frustration coming out of my brother.

“What are you guys talking about?” Jessica said from beside Bowan.

“About the―”

I didn’t even get a chance to finish off my sentence because the Mr. Yun interrupted me ever so rudely.

“All right, class! Time to start our first lessons."

We had English up first. I least I have an advantage in the language. Even if it’s not my most loved subject.

After going through two hours of English and Geography, it was time for morning tea at 11 am. If you guys are wondering, I did not pack any lunch on purpose. Of course the main reason is that I can’t handle all that food.

“What!? Are you saying that we have to eat in the same cafeteria as all those kids!?” Sehun, Dongho, Tao and Himchan simultaneously yelled at me after I told them about the ‘little’ problem with lunch.

“Come on, it’ll be fun. Won’t it?” Kevin looked around to gain alliance from the other people around him.

“Sorry to break your little fight over there.” The, sadly, neglected teacher stood up from his desk as he professionally finished marking the small test we had for Geo. “But there is a separate canteen for you just at the end of the hallway.” The minute he moved his muscles to lift up his finger to point in the said direction, the guys were already gone, leaving Jessica, my brother and me behind, standing blankly on our spots as we were still processing the information in our slow brains.

A few seconds passed when I realised the empty space in front me which was where the other people were.

“I swear they are no older than 3,” Jessica said, kneading her forehead and frowning at the same time.

“Ms. Shin, you can’t swear unless you are sealing a promise or letting out obscenity that I wish to not hear from you,” Mr. Yun kindly explained the correct use of the word then proceeded to take a few books and his snacks out of his bag sitting on the Punishment Desk.

“Let’s go,” Bowan said before we all headed out to reach the end of the hallway.

“You guys haven’t answered my question from before.”

“What question?” Bowan asked, looking around to shake his nervousness off.

“What you guys were talking about with Luhan,” Jessica explained. I could tell she was getting slightly irritated because she knew that my brother was pretending to not know anything.

“Ah, we were talking about our visit with the Principal yesterday,” I said while pointing my finger out like one of those eureka moments.

I felt Bowan’s glare through the side of my head.

Bomin, what are you doing?

Don’t worry bro. I’ll take care of it.

I could feel him face palming himself mentally as I also chuckled mentally.

“Why did you go there in the first place and why was Luhan with you?”

“Correction. Luhan and Xiumin were there. And they just so happen to be there for the same reasons,” I said in an almost matter-of-fact-tone.

“So… what was the reason?”

I had a feeling that the Principal didn’t want my brother and me to go around talking about fantasy and weird creatures that would most likely not be believed. So I came up with a rational reason.

“He had a problem with our dorm conditions and just wanted to go over it with us. You know like expanding it or installing new things inside.”

 I felt a little guilty. I lied to my only female best friend twice today. Well, the first time can’t be helped. This time I really can’t tell her about the Office visit.

“Oh, okay. Well, that’s nice of him.” She faced the front, walking stealthily to the canteen. By now I can hear the chattering of the guys further up ahead.

“Hey guys!” I waved at them when we opened the double door of the cafeteria.

“Yo!”

“I can’t believe you left us back there!” Bowan said to everybody like a little toddler who hadn’t got his daily dosages of cartoons. Some of the Idols had their heads down, some were openly laughing as if they were caught in the middle of pranking their friend and are laughing it off.

I walked up to Kris as I gazed around the place. “Hey Kris,” I said in that bro-like manner.

He took a sip from the coke can he was holding in his hands. “Yoz.”

“You don’t mind paying for my lunch do you?” I asked while doing my best puppy eyes.

“Did you just ask me for money?” He replied in the not normal way of saying ‘yes’ in a non-believing tone. But then has anything here turn out to be normal?

“Yes. And I went into the trouble of kindly asking you for it. So I expect you to pay for me like the caring gentleman you are.” I decided to compliment him because who doesn’t like to be complimented by the opposite gender unless you’re a homo or you’re Xiumin. You guys know how he is.

“The first kind thing that came out of your mouth about me and it is how great of a gentleman I am; so of course I will pay for your lunch. Actually since I am in such a great mood, I will pay for everybody’s lunches!” He shouted that last bit so that everybody could hear it.

At his last statement all the people stared in shock at Kris.

“Gege, are you really buying our food for us? I thought that you are -or were- the cheapest guy on earth,” Chen said, of course trying to provoke him.

“I’m only buying because I’m in a good mood so don’t ruin it unless you want to go beggar on me,” Kris snapped at Chen. But I saw the undying happiness in his eyes.

And that was how I confirmed Krisus' weakness.

***

“So how did you find out about your powers?” I asked Xiumin who was sitting in the seat adjacent to me.

“Like what Luhan said before, we found out by accident.” He raised his eyebrows, questioning whether I want to know more as I put my hands on the table and relaxing in the chair if I wasn’t already, telling him non-verbally to continue his story.

Xiumin sighed in defeat after he realised I won’t be going anytime soon. Well, we still have ten minutes left until class starts again. He quickly glanced at Luhan who was engaged in a conversation with Sehun who were seated in the table next to ours. Probably looking for a signal of resistance to the information that Xiumin will tell me.

“It happened after we finished our schedule. It was a week since the attack took place and nothing happened so we thought we were fine. None of us had cravings for blood or anything like that.” Xiumin locked eyes with me, looking for any signs of distress but I saw the tray of food placed in front of him so I know that he can eat normal food. I nodded reassuringly with a smile to show him that I’m okay.

“The other members went back to the dorm earlier. Luhan and I wanted some alone time in the dance practice room to DISCUSS about the information we found and also practice our dance.” He said ‘discuss’ with more enthusiasm than his other words. Well, knowing me and what I’ll think, I can see why he said it like that. I can already imagine Xiumin and Luhan cuddling and kissing each other while saying cheesy lines. Don’t know what you guys were thinking but that was what I thought.

“Get your mind out of the gutter,” as quoted by Yongguk in One Shot.

“After we finished practicing, we were cuddling with each other. And yeah, we sort of started making out.” Ha! See! I knew it. But Xiumin is so cute when he scratches the back of his neck like a shy little boy. “Well, it got pretty steamy. Oh gosh. This is so embarrassing. But when we became more intimate with each other, Luhan said that it was freezing cold in the room and then I felt something hit the back of my head. And yeah… I think you can figure it out from there.”

“So you guys discovered your powers while you were making out?” I asked with my hands flying around like those interrogators in the dramas.

“Y-yeah.”

“Do you realise how cute that sounds? I think I’ll die happily now.” I think I’m smiling creepily at the ceiling but I don’t care. I have no regrets now.

“But it could have been worse of Luhan and I returned with everybody else.”

“Yeah. That’s right,” I too happily agreed with him. “So did you train your powers or is it like natural instinct?” I’m pretty sure that Xiumin is fed up with my questions.

Don’t worry; we’re not. It’s the second time we are letting ourselves out like this. So you can say it had more benefit for us than you.

I wasn’t surprised to hear Luhan’s voice in my head. Well, I kinda figured out that he can speak to me through his powers.

Thanks for saving me from my worries.

“It’s probably natural instinct. We did get help from other people,” Xiumin continued on like he didn’t hear my mini interaction with Luhan.

Maybe because he can’t hear it, dumbo. Jeez. I hit my hand against my head, strategically disguising it as placing it on my face. I heard a person sniggering behind me and I know it is Luhan.

Shut up. Deers are dumber. Dumbest. Sorry.

That’s not nice, Yang Bomin.

 “But it was mostly just us and our instincts.”

Wow. Talking to two people simultaneously is no joke.

 “It’s pretty cool. You don’t need any training or practice. I wish I’m like that too,” I said looking a little envious.

“I can tell when people are talking to another person, so don’t think I don’t know you’re talking to Luhan in that head of yours.” Xiumin crossed his arms and scowled, switching back and forth between Luhan and me.

“Sorry,” I muttered under my breath.

“Glad that you are.”

“Whachya doing here?” Kris asked as he sat next to me with his half eaten tray of precious food.

“Talking about stuff with my OLD buddy, Xiumin, here. Ain’t that right, buddy.” I gave him a friendly glare mostly because of his sarcastic reply back there.

“Oh, trying to get our secrets out of him, huh? Well, nice try, Bomin.”

I grunted a reply back.

I don’t know why but there seems to be something oddly familiar. Like there a feeling deep down in the pits of my stomach that says I used to know him. Were we friends? Were we long distance childhood friends? I’m sure the only memory of my childhood ―Which was that dream― has no relation with Kris. If that boy was Kris, I would have noticed right away. So it’s not him right? But there still is this feeling of familiarity. Is that feeling in my stomach intuition? Maybe. You know what they say, ‘Don’t ignore your guts.’ And that is what I am going to do.

“Hey, Kris?”

“You called me?” I took that as his way of replying.

“Have we met before?”

“What are you talking about? Of course. We met about a week and a half ago.” He mistook my question.

“No. I mean like way before.”

Because I was looking at my hands that were under the table, I didn’t notice his rock hard stature until I looked up to find that Xiumin has left us alone and joined Luhan. Kris’ eyes were unreadable as he stared back at me. What is happening?

“What do you mean way before?” Did his voice become weird?

There were so many things going through my head that I didn’t hear the bell go off until Bowan poked me in the arm.

“It’s class time, Bomin.”

“W-what? Oh.” Kris was gone. Somehow I felt empty. Xiumin was looking at me amusedly and Luhan had worry in his eyes. “I’m fine.” I stood up from my chair, picking up my tray and trotted to the door to dump the food in the bin and started walking to class in a trance-like state, thinking about many things like Kris and my childhood past.

Bomin? What’s wrong? I’ve never seen you like this.

I could barely hear my brother speak to me because of all the noise in my head.

I said I’m fine, Bowan.

It gave me a headache just replying to him.

“Ugh.”

“You okay, Bowan?”

“Yeah. Just a small migraine.”

“Don’t you want to rest for a bit?”

I didn’t hear any answer and kept quiet until I realised that the question was directed at me. I looked up from the ground to see Jun gazing worriedly at me.

“I’m feeling okay.” At least physically. Mentally I feel like a train wreck.

“Okay. If that’s what you say."

He stuck close to me until we were seated in our own chairs.

“Remember you can talk to me,” Luhan said as he took the seat beside me.

“Then, I’ll see you at your dorm later.”

Math passed with not so much flying colours but rather flying rulers to smack Chanyeol or Yongguk in the head whenever they make any inappropriate comments. Few laughs here and there with impossible equations to solve and political-like protesting, it was time for lunch.

Since everybody has eaten a tray of food earlier, none of us were hungry so we just sat around, talking to each other about stuff and how life is.

“Remember that time when you mistook a fan for one of the stylist noona? I wish I had my phone then! You even hugged her!” Chanyeol started laughing like he inhaled a whole bottle of laughing gas as he smacked the poor looking Zelo next to him, looking like him going to a haunted house would be much better compared to Chanyeol’s World Champion slaps.

“Channie babe, you’re scaring the poor kid,” Baekhyun said.

Babe he said.

Babe?

BABE!?

DID BAEKHYUN JUST CALL CHANYEOL BABE!? DID HEAR THAT CORRECTLY?

“WHAT!?” everybody yelled at the both of them in confusion including me.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who seems to be equally as shocked as us.

“Are you two together?” Lay recovered way faster than us and asked the question floating in our heads.

Baekhyun, instead of replying back to Lay, turned to Chanyeol and said, “Should we tell them?” which answers the question anyway.

“So you are…” Suho leaned back in his chair as if he was expecting it.

Jessica who was sitting next to grabbed both of my hands and started jumping up and down in her seat and I doing the same action, holding each other’s hands. Since I usually tie my hair up, it wasn’t flying all over the place like Jessica’s was even if it was half tied up.

“I will never understand fangirls.” Kris shook his head at us, lost as to why we were like this.

“Like how we will never understand men,” Jessica shot back at him.

“That hurt you know,” Kris said as he rubbed his chest area as if soothing it.

“That was the point smart arse.”

It seems like the fact that these people around us are Idols has been forgotten mainly because Jessica and Kris are fighting with each other like two rivals in a strict competition.

“Smart arse my .” Kris looked totally pissed off.

“Oh? So you own a donkey now?”

“What does a donkey have to do with this!?”

“Well, for your information smart arse, an is a donkey.”

“Well, for your information, an is an to me. Not a stupid donkey. Stupid smart arse."

“Oh ho. You don’t know how much trouble you just got yourself into.”

Oh no. That look on Jessica’s face doesn’t look too good. I swear her face just went black with those wildly insane ideas running through her head, trying to get her attention. Pick me. Pick me. Pick me. It’s annoying right? It’s like those seagulls in Finding Nemo. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. It got stuck in your head right?

“You mind telling me then?”

Luhan precipitously stood up, knocking his chair down and startling most of us. Naturally, we looked around for the source of Luhan’s outburst. There was a group of four guys standing at the door. Their posture made it look like they were also surprised.

“Luhan!?”

“You guys?!”

“Bo Bo?!”

What?



∙•∙•∙•∙•∙ 

Sorry this chapter was so boring. I felt like Bomin needed to get closer to the ‘nominees’.  If you guys think that the story is going too slow just tell me or if you have any problems with my story Pm me or comment. BTW Happy late Valentine's Day!

So yeah. Shortest A/N I wrote so far. Haha. ^^;

Alright bye people.

Your Author-Nim,

kevinoppa

 ᶱᴥᶱ