Chapter 21

Idols' Conflict

A/N I'm so sorry for being gone for so long at least to me. I truly am.  


I don’t know how long I’ve been here but I know that it has been more than three days because of the counts of the number of meals I had and GoMi and Jungkook’s daily visits that I recorded down mentally.

Right now Jungkook is explaining what he knows.

“Every single Netherland creature’s power comes in different forms. It can be an object that has significance or it can be contained in themselves which only they can unlock. Some may even have multiple forms but that only happens to certain creatures. How closely attached you are to your power determines how strong it is as well as the user. With it, you can control some things, like the ability to read minds or a control over something.”

“What form do you think mine will come as?” I asked Jungkook. The whole power ability thing is just way over my head or rather surpasses my limited intelligence. Or course I'm joking about how smart I am, but I don’t think I should touch on that subject just now.

“I don’t know. You’ve only just discovered about this and most beings find and control their power within the first two years of their birth maybe earlier. However, from what I have seen, I think your power is in the form of an object.”

―――

“Just concentrate, Bomin, and you'll get it,” Jungkook encouraged me on. I need to grab it this time and not let it slip away again.

Because it has been a few days since I was kidnapped here, I used the time to ‘control’ or ‘find’ my power with the help of Jungkook.

I clenched my fist, closed my eyes and focused on my inner self. I could definitely feel it floating there. It felt lost. It wanted to find its owner. I was calm as I spotted it. It was a copy of me. No. He was my brother. I beckoned him over. He was hesitant to come towards me, but he did in the end.

“Where have you been the whole time?” His eyes looked so adorable. He locked his arms around my waist and I did the same.

“Trying to figure out what we are," I said.

My eyes snapped open. I loudly gulped oxygen into my lungs. I felt something shake my shoulders and my vision focused at the face in front of me. “Jungkook?” I choked out.

“Breathe. It’ll pass.”

“What happened?” I said after my breathing fit finished.

After a few seconds, he stood up to sit behind me and massaged my shoulder. I turned around and held his hands when I remembered what happened and realised he too, didn't know what happened. “Jungkook, I saw him.”

“Who?”

“My brother. He is my power.

“Oh my God. Bomin, you did it.”

His arms enveloped around me and I leaned into his warmth, accepting the praise with a contented sigh.

“We’ll work on summoning next time, but I won’t be the one to train you. It’ll be Taehyung.”

After that, Jungkook left because of some errands he had to do. I lay on the ground with my arm acting as a pillow and drifted in and out of sleep. I had the same dream in each nap; two of me and two of my brother would be running around in a non-tropical forest. Afterwards, I and the other me would always sit with four guys, judging from their bodily structure, in front of a river and talk. I heard many people come and go throughout my slumber, but one stayed. That much I know because I felt the same presence in the room from before. I knew my body didn’t want to go for another round of Neverland, so I sat up and groggily rubbed my eyes then opened them to find out who my visitor is.

“Finally!” I heard him call before I took a good look at him. “Took you long enough, princess.”

Princess?

Now who the hell calls me prin―

“Taehyung?”

“Hey, I heard that you found it.” He gave me a shy smile from where his was sitting cross-legged on the ground.

“Yeah.” I closed my eyes as I leaned against the wall again behind me. I stayed like that for a few minutes, hearing the breathing of both of us. “Are you a Zanlamia too?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah, all of us here are.”

“How come you don’t feel the need to attack and kill me?”

“Because I don’t want to. Well, we don’t want to. None of us want to destroy our own Queen.”

At that, my eyes slowly opened. “Then teach me how to summon.”

I have no idea when I became like this; all serious in this super-natural kinda-like place and accepting rather quickly for what I have to do in the foreseeable future.

“Will do, miss.” Taehyung jumped up from the ground and dusted his pants. He held out his hand which I gladly took and I was already doing I need to do.

“Just relax and it’ll come to you.” I felt Taehyung’s rubbing my shoulders and then running his hands over the skin of my arms, goose bumps trailing behind.

My body seemed to melt over as I entered the same realm from before but this time Bowan didn’t hesitate to run to my side. I smiled at how cute he was. However, my smile disappeared and was replaced with a frown of confusion when he seemed to float off the ground.

“What’s happening?”

There was no answer.

Bowan started to glow from the inside out. His eyes were closed and his arms spread out as if he was asking for a hug. But that hug I don’t think he’ll get from me. Bowan was still floating there in front of me. I marvelled at the sight and reached my fingertips out to touch him. Something, a force, harshly pulled my hand forward. The only thing I knew was that I felt my brother enter my body with a breath-y sigh and a lightness that coursed through my veins. My eyes opened and I was back in the room, this time feeling a power with no bounds and weightless.

“Bomin, you're doing well.” Taehyung stood in front of me with his hands clasped in pride, a huge smile spreading across his face. “Now you just need to let it out a little bit.”

“How?”

“Call on him, make him relax and tell him it’s time.”

I tried to do what Taehyung said.

I don’t know if this will work

I closed my eyes.

Bowan?

Nothing. But he was there and listening to me.

It’s time for you to come out.

“Okay.”

My eyes were still shut as I felt the lightness of my body increase and my arms lifted themselves to hover over my chest where the power throbbed delightfully.

When I heard a yelp of pain, I immediately opened my eyes to find the sound. I gasped audibly and ran to Taehyung’s side where he was on the ground and nursing his arm.

“I’m so sorry, Taehyung!” I touched his forehead, cheek, arms, torso, anywhere I think that has been inflicted by pain; at the same time, Bowan retracted slowly from my body. Taehyung was grotesquely wheezing out blood and I felt myself pale when I saw him suffer. I couldn’t think and did what my body told me to do; I ripped the hem of my shirt off to wipe the bloody ends of his mouth, shifting his body to lie down on his side so that he wouldn’t choke on the liquids and made sure that he didn’t rest on his injured arms.

I heard my mouth mumbling nonsense as I kept dabbing the corners of his mouth. I only realised after a few moments that my hands were trembling badly and I muttering ‘sorry’ under my breath. Taehyung groaned once again before his eyes lazily fluttered open.

“One thing you need to remember is that we can heal very fast,” he said softly to hide the pain behind his words but I heard it. He sat up with my help and propped himself against the wall.

“I am so horrible. I don’t even know what I did.” I let my head fall into my palms, giving my tears the heads up to start falling. “I can never be a Queen for anybody, let alone be in power with Bowan.”

“Bomin.”

I looked up from my hands to see that Taehyung had his arms out, inviting me for a hug and I reluctantly huddled against his chest after seeing his face. “Don’t worry about it. Don’t even think about it.”

“Does it still hurt?” I asked, despite what he said.

“Yeah.”

“I’m sorry.”

Taehyung…

I fell asleep with my head resting against his warm chest and his arms wrapped protectively around my body.

―――

I had the same dream from before. I sat with my other copy and the four men who were seated a bit further away from us, cheerfully laughing with them like it was the time of my life as I swung my bare feet in the cold but refreshing river.

“So, how’s Minam doing in there?” she asked, stretching her arms by the side of her body and gazing at the river bank on the other side.

Who’s Minam?

“Oh, he’s getting stronger and better. What about you, Minji?”

Isn’t she me? Why is her name Minji?

She sighed with a smirk plastered on her face. “Still beating Minam.”

I felt a shudder run through my body.

“Hey! At least I can make it out for this long!”

A boy with crossed arms and a cute scowl appeared in front of us, glaring at Minji.

Is that Bowan?

Minji giggled at his outburst. “Alright, I’ll give you that much, Minam. Now get back inside before you start hurting Bomin.”

The moment she said that, a huge migraine started to invade my head. A painful grunt escaped my mouth as I shifted around to distract myself of the aching, but it was no use. The same shudder slid down my spine when the thudding stopped.

“Shoot, that hurt a lot. I shouldn’t let him out next time.”

Arms whipped around my shoulders as a back hug and puffs of breaths caressed my nape.

“Hey, Bomin, do you know how to skip stones?”

The long arms disappeared and a hand was offered in front of me.

“Oh, if you’re calling for a fight, Lee Junyoung, you will be dead in seconds.” I gave out a mocking laugh as I stood up and pecked him on the cheeks. “Let’s go.”

What?

The rest of the dream was lost in the depths of my brain when I felt my shoulders violently shake.

“Bomin!”

 I let out a noise that sounded closely like a response from a dying animal.

“Tae?”

“You need to get up! GoMi is coming here! I don’t have much time!”

After hearing what he said, I quickly scrambled into a sitting position and leaned my head on the wall, trying to be as natural as possible. My head turned this way and that but I couldn’t find or feel Taehyung’s presence. My heart was beating out of my chest.

“Where are you?” I asked to nothing but air and flinched when I heard the desperation in my voice.

“Shh, I’m right here. I just disguised my body and spirit so he wouldn’t know that I’m here.”

I felt a soft touch on my cheek and I knew it was him. I audibly sighed but tensed once again when the all too familiar steps resounded off the concrete confinement, but I forced my body to relax into the natural posture from before.

“Those ing pests.”

Was the first thing I heard before the door groaned open. Butterflies of fear grew inside me as my mind registered the fact that GoMi was in a ty mood and a mad man.

“Luckily you’re here.”

The look on his face was the same one from that time but now, he’s grown up.

The butterflies stirred in my stomach. I stood up to seem more imposing but failing rapidly. “No, don’t do this, GoMi.” My voice shook when I saw his face darken with evil intent. Now he is insane.

“Oh, I won’t do that, I’ll do something worse.” His deepening voice only added to my fear. Why am I the most vulnerable person?

I was afraid of what he will do to me. I wanted my brother by my side. But I couldn’t call him. I’ve never felt so weak as I closed my eyes.

“What will you do then?” I whispered almost inaudibly.

“This.”

But nothing came.

“Get the away from her, you disgusting animal!”

There was a dull thud of an object colliding with the ground and a grunt. Instantly, my eyes opened and there on the ground, was Taehyung and GoMi, tackling each other into the concrete. The one who had the upper hand was obvious when Taehyung suddenly flung off GoMi’s torso and landed with a sickening crash against the wall near me. He picked himself up with a groan, wiping the corner of his mouth.

“You did not just attack your master, Kim Taehyung.” The expression on my cousin’s face could cause a thunderous storm if he wanted to as he slowly stepped towards us.

“Yes, I just ing did,” Taehyung spat out, some spittle falling on the opposition’s face and clenching his fist into tight balls. A bright glow started to emit from his closed hands and I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Stop!”

Both men turned to look at me. “No more.” I dropped to the ground. “No more fighting.” My whole body shook with merciless waves of sobs.

I don’t want this…

Minam, help…



 ∙•∙•∙•∙•∙

It's be really awesome if you put some comments down there. You know, visit it, 'cuz it's lonely. 
What do you think is going to happen? How's your day so far? LOL. I don't know anymore.

Your Author-Nim
kevinoppa,

ϘᴥϘ