Chapter 9

Idols' Conflict

*Kyungsoo's POV*

Look, I know that I am a man who doesn’t show his feelings easily but truth to be told, I’ve been crushing on Bomin since I’ve met her for the first time at the doorway. I can’t help but feel tingly and warm inside every time I look at her. I just want to gaze upon her face every single day. Stare into those dark brown eyes. Kiss her full lips.

I sat there looking up at the ceiling, day dreaming about me and Bomin.

“I also think that is not a reasonable answer.”

There goes Kai again; flirting with my baby. I looked at Bomin.

WHAT THE HECK!?

Is-is-is-is Bomin blushing!? She’s cute when she’s blushing beet red. But now is not the time to be thinking about that. I shook my head. I averted my eyes to glare at Kai. But he seems to be embarrassed too. Just what happened between those two? For now I need to keep Kai away from Bomin.

“Bomin’s blushing!” Tao shouted out as if he is a three year old (He is one). All the older and more mature people rolled their eyes at Tao’s childness. I want to save my love from her embarrassment and take off with our hands intertwined, but there were people watching so I stayed put.

“Kai and Bomin sitting in a tree­­­­­­­―”

Stupid Zelo. It’s not a good idea to make me angry.

“I wonder who’s gonna get a beating today.” That’s right, go get him, babe.

Zelo yelled out apologies to Bomin. She took the harsh side and gave him punishment. At least she doesn’t have to touch another man’s skin.

Anger flushed me over when my words backstabbed me so hard. Oh, so hard. My glare was more than enough to kill the man who was hugging MY Bomin. My knuckles turned white as they tensed on their own accord. My head started to plan murder plots for these guilty men who are known as Zelo and Kai. But the thing is I can’t kill Kai. You know…. KaiSoo wouldn’t exist anymore if I murdered him. Though, one whip of my belt wouldn’t hurt, right?

Seems like I’m the only person who isn’t laughing in the room. Of course, how can I not be okay with this display of skin ship in front of me? I almost pulled my hair out, going crazy. But I’m an Idol; I need keep my hair to look good.

When Bomin finally pushed Zelo out of the way (That’s right), I couldn’t help but laugh along with her after a few seconds. I don’t even know what I’m laughing at.

After all the fuss in the kitchen helping Stupid Zelo put the dishes in the sink for him to wash and the battle of iness between Eli and the Maknae, the girls ­―I forgot that they were in the same room as me― started to leave after saying good luck to Bomin.

“Holy hell!! You scared me!” A girl, I think Ju Dayoung was her name, shouted suddenly, startling every person.

I looked at the door. There was a guy standing at the entrance. He looks like those bad kind of guys. Like a delinquent.    

I can tell this guy has an effect on Bomin by the way her eye brows knitted together.

“Who are you?” I asked with a threatening voice. I can see everybody looking at me in the corner of my eyes.

The guy just stared at Bomin with an amused expression stuck on his face. “Sorry, I got the wrong dorm. I’ll leave now.” This guy can really get on my nerves with his smirking. He closed the door not before glancing at Bomin again.

“Do you know him, Bomin?” I continue to pepper questions.

She shook her head. “No, no. But something about him seems familiar.”

“I’ve never seen that guy before, but he also seems familiar to me,” her brother said.

“Whoever he is, he looks just like a delinquent.” Daehyun said.

“Yeah, like Tao and Yongguk.” AJ bought up the mood by playing around.

“I’ll Wushu you in the face!”

“What the hell did you say?”

They both shouted in unison.

“It’s not my fault that both of you look like assassins from the Mafia.”

“Not again,” I muttered. Seriously, childish fights like these really annoy me. It’s like I’m the only mature one.

“Just drop it guys.” Bowan surprisingly ended the petty fight.

 Welcome to my world, brother. I know the feeling.

“Anyways, thank you guys so much for letting us stay to eat dinner. It was a very interesting one.” Bomin’s friends waved us goodbye and headed towards their designated dorms.

“We should get back too.” The rest of us who doesn’t live here also headed back to their places.

“Ah, Kyungsoo, can you stay behind to help me with breakfast with Eli?” My heart fluttered at the mention of my name coming from her lips.

I was about to answer when the Mum interrupted me. “I want to help you too!!”

“Yah, Suho!! Are you just gonna leave me with the babies!?” Kris protested.

I kneaded my forehead at the relationships between my members.

“Bye Bomin.” Her brother hugged her one last time. His group waved farewell to us and left.

“Who wants to play more?” Dongho headed towards the TV with the rest of the guys who aren’t cooking.

“So what are we doing?” Suho asked after he finished dealing with the kids.

“Oh, we are prepping for tomorrow. So there’s no cooking. Sorry D.O,” she replied with a slight smile in her eye.

“It’s okay.”

Anything’s okay with me as long I get to see your face.

“Let’s start with chopping some vegetables up! I want to give you guys the meal my Mum always cook!”

I went into the fridge to find some veggies to chop up. I placed them on the kitchen bench and took out the chopping board and knives for the other people.

I started off by peeling the skin off the carrots that I have. I made sure to adjust the angle of the vegetable to use my knife and scraped it over to get rid of the skin. I continued this action until most of the skin is removed.

I guess my head wasn’t in the right cloud today because the last thing I knew there was a scream and the bright crimson liquid of blood squirting all over the place before I fell to the ground, unconscious.

***

“Kyungsoo?”

I opened my eyes to the blinding light of the sun peeking through the curtains of an unfamiliar room.

“Ah, finally awake.” A voice croaked. I tried to sit up but my arms didn’t obey me. My heart began racing at the thought of danger.

“What’s going on!?” I yelled. “Why am I tied up? Who are you!?”

I heard laughter with no expression in it.

“Be a good boy and listen to me.”

I turned my head. The shadowed figure of a man seemed to hover towards me. I squirmed under the hold of the ropes. This guy is making me really uncomfortable.

“What do you want?”

“Now that’s a good boy.” I flinched at the reference to me. “I want you to bring the girl you love­―”

***

I woke up with a scream.

Bomin.

Bomin.

Where is she!?

I looked furiously around the room. I spotted her – with a rush of feels – safely sleeping beside me.

“At least she’s somewhere in my vision,” I unconsciously whispered to no particular person.

Most of the dream is forgotten by now apart from that one line.

“Bring me the one you love…”

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Like I don’t even know who said that.

The one I love is the person who is lying beside me. Here in the dark. Feeling her heartbeat with mine. I shook my head.

Now’s not the time to start singing ‘Open Arms’, Kyungsoo. Just forget about that for now.

“ing Owl-Eyes. Why are you making me feel like this?”

Was that in English?

I scanned Bomin’s face.

Wow. Her face is so beautiful when she is sleeping. I could stare at her face all day. The shape of her lips. The lining of her nose. The wavy hair caressing her skin. The closed lids of her perfect eyes. The glowing of her white skin. The feel of her body next to mine. The movement of my lips towards hers. The closing of my eyes and the racing of my heart.

The sparks and tingles felt good when our lips connected. They fitted together so perfectly like they were made for each other. Cannot be whole unless together.

“You’re even kissing me in my dreams,” she chuckled against my lips, still sleep-talking in English.

I opened my eyes to see she is still asleep. Embarrassment coursed through my body. The pressure left from my mouth.

What the hell, Kyungsoo? Kissing girls when they’re asleep.

But it felt so good that I want to kiss her again. Just a peck on those lips.

I leaned over for a peck. The same sparks and tingles erupted in my stomach once our lips made contact again.

I stared at her facial features. She’s just so beautiful and cute at the same time. I don’t even know how she does it.

Pain struck my left hand when I tried to sit up using my hands. I lifted my hand up in curiosity. Those memories came flooding to me after I seeing the bandages wrapped around my hand.

Flashing images of knives and blood abused my thoughts. As if replaying the scene, my hand started to pulse in pain.

I in a breath of air.

I tried to not apply that much pressure to my left arm but I still gasped at the feeling of pain. Finally able to sit up, I turned and caressed Bomin’s cheeks with my good hand.

I don’t want to leave her by herself. I want to stay with her forever in this bed by her side.  

Enough romantic quotes, D.O. You’re violating her private space.

Oops, my bad. Sorry, I can’t help it.

Now that I think about it, I think I know what Bomin was sleep-talking about. It sounds really important to me for some odd reason. So I think she said “Why are you making feel this?” I don’t if that’s right but I get the idea.

The thing is: Who is making her feel like what?

Hehe, my English skills aren’t that great. At least I remember what she said. I’ll ask Kris or somebody who speaks English to translate for me.

***

“ing Owl-Eyes why are you making me feel like this? You’re even kissing me in my dreams.” I walk down the hallway after getting up with great difficulty. I’m practicing what I heard so that Kris or anybody who speaks English can understand me without troubles, if you’re wandering.

“Oh, Kris,” I called out as I saw he was the only person in the living room, sitting on the couch looking bored as hell. He turned at the mention of his name and walked towards me.

“Kyungsoo, you’re okay.” He let out a huge breath. “Don’t scare me like that again.”

I looked down at my hand and back up, making eye contact with Kris. “Sorry. I was distracted by something.”

“Be thankful you’re still talking to me and not at your funeral,” the city guy chuckled lightly.

I shrugged it off. “Anyways, I need to ask you about something.”

“What is it?”

“I need you to translate this sentence into Korean for me.”

“Go on.”

After I recited what Bomin said, Kris looked a cross of surprised and mildly amused. Is it because I spoke English so perfectly?

His mouth opened and closed for a short time before answering me. “First of all, I did not know that Bomin could swear like that. And secondly, who is this Owl-Eyes?”

My eyes narrowed in concentration.

Owl-Eyes?

Who the hell is that?

And she swore?

That’s my girl.

“So what did she say?” I pressed on.

“She said, “ing Owl-Eyes, why are you making me feel like this?” And “You’re even kissing me in my dreams.”

I blushed crimson at mention of the word ‘kiss’ and partly because there was the F word.

I was the one who kissed her while she was sleeping.

Wait.

I was the one who kissed her.

Does this mean she was dreaming of me then? Since I was the one who kissed her and she said “You’re even kissing me in my dream.” But it could be a different guy is kissing her in her dreans because there is this ‘Owl-Eyes’ person.

JUST WHO IS THAT!?

Aish. This is making me feel frustrated.

I stood up from my chair too abruptly, scaring Kris, and strode off into the kitchen to get a cup of water.

Remember, Kyungsoo, you’re cool.

Though, I gotta say that my life has become more interesting ever since I have met this girl called Yang Bomin. I’ve fallen in love and made new friends (Kinda).

I glanced at the clock ticking its way into time on the wall. It’s 8am right now. Where’s all the people?

“Hey, Kris, where’s everybody?” I asked him as I leaned on the frame of the entrance to the kitchen.

“Hmm? Oh. They’re all still sleeping I guess. I’m just hanging around here,” he replied.

“Shouldn’t we wake them up?”

“Yeah.” Kris jumped up from the couch and headed off towards what I think is SooHyun and Hoon's room. While I went to Eli and Kevin’s room. Kiseop, Jun and Dongho will be woken up by both of us in the end.

You KISSMEs out there are probably wandering if the Elvin couple is real. Well…. Time to find out.

I knocked my fist against the wooden door.

No answer.

My hand went for the handle and swung the door open. The moment has finally come.

There was a pigeon wearing just boxers and a fish fully clothed cuddling each other like teddy bears. They actually look…..cute. If I was a girl, I would’ve died on the spot. But I’m a guy and they still look pretty cute to me. They are just that adorable to look at while hugging each other..

So I guess Elvin is real.

And I guess you could say that I have my own ways of waking people up.

I walked over to the end of their bed and prepare for the jump when Kevin’s eyes shot open suddenly.

“Wah? What are you doing here, D.O?” He sat up rubbed his eyes. Seriously, that is the cutest thing ever. He’s like younger than Sehun; a little baby. But the thing is, he’s only 19 and Sehun is 17. Why can’t he be my Brother? It’s a cruel world we live in.

 “I was about to wake you up.” I hid the adoring voice behind my serious tone. “Looks like I don’t have to now. And by the way, why were you hugging Eli?”

And I was about to take a picture of both of you guys.

“Eh? What are you talking about,” Kevin basically shouted, his voice gaining pitch and becoming a little more alert.

He finally noticed Ligeon (Eli+Pigeon=Ligeon) next to him still sleeping is off. His hands went straight to his chest and his eyes widened.

“Don’t get the wrong idea, man! I don’t even know how I got there.” He looked so ready to slap the hell out of Eli. Too bad Eli woke up from all the yelling that was coming out of Kevin’s mouth.

“Oh hey, Kyungsoo and Kevin.”

“Good morning, Pigeon! Now I’ll leave you guys to get ready for the morning.”

I went out their room to meet with Kris.

“Are you ready?” Kris switched his gaze from the last door to me.

I nodded. “Let’s go.”

I gripped the metal bowl tightly in my right hand and the metal spoon lightly in my left hand. The pain now reduced to a dull sting.

Kris swung the door inwards and started to shouting and banging his pan very loudly and I did the same.

“WAKE UP YOU LAZY ASSESS!!”

For some odd reason I started laughing hysterically as if I’m finding this enjoying. I’m probably laughing at torture of the younger guys inflicted by Kris and me who are just beginning to start screaming as they wake up.

“What the !?” Dongho threw something at us. I assume it was a pillow because his pillow that was beside had disappeared.

“Chill man! Some kids are still growing.” Kiseop pointed his chin Jun, who is thankfully, is starting to wake up.

“Don’t worry, I’ve heard worse language than that.” He stood up and waddled (Seems like waddling to me) to the bathroom in his shared room.

“Come out when you’re ready,” Kris said after he finished his pan-banging.

“I’ll wake up Bomin,” I volunteered, raising my arm at the same time.

“No. You rest. Your hand must be hurting,” Kris offered.

It was not until he mentioned my hand when I noticed the searing pain shooting up my arm and the wound that has opened.

“,” I swore under my breath.

I should change the bandage. But I can’t do that with one hand.

I walked towards the guys who are gathered in the kitchen. “Can someone help me change the bandage? I can’t just use one hand.”

“Let me get the med kit first.” Kevin kindly volunteered.

The First Aid Kit, located in one of the cupboards stuck on the ceiling, quickly found its way into Kevin’s arms. He took a tea cloth and laid it on the bench. He gently laid my left arm on the cloth and ever so lightly like a feather, unwrapped the bandages surrounding my flesh. The cold air abused my hand as oxygen rushed into the pores in my skin. I shivered at the coolness of the air.

“Hehe. It kinda tickles,” I giggled like a child.

Kevin shook his head at me. “Kyungsoo, why do you act like a kid when your image is that of a man?”

“I act like a kid? If I wasn’t injured, you wouldn’t even be standing there anymore. You’re real lucky, you know that?” Kevin didn’t even batter an eye lid.

“Truth to be told, I’m the same as you even though I’m just a year older, I’m just as full of aegyo as Maknae Dongho.” He sighed loudly.

“Why are we even talking about this? You should be concentrating on my hand.” I averted the topic so very skilfully. Did I just sound like a diva there?

Fishy sighed again and went back to applying ointment on the wound. I clenched my jaw tightly (Like a man) at the stinging pain when the liquid touched the flesh. Tears formed in my eyes but I didn’t dare let them flow down.

“Does it hurt, Kyungsoo?” Kevin asked, trying to look in my eyes while I tried to avoid being seen with tears.

“A little.” I answered back.

 

 

*Third person POV*

Kris opened the door to what he thinks is Bomin’s room. He let out his breath when she was seen sleeping so peacefully on the bed.

He looked at her from across the room. Thoughts flew wildly in his head.

Could she really be that girl who gave the Dragon to me?

The city man reached into his shirt and pulled out a locket with a key hole in it. It wasn’t just any old locket. It was made of steel with elegant wings on either side, reaching up for the sky and the carved head of a Chinese dragon staring at you as of it had a soul. Kris ran his fingers over the eyes of the dragon and the mouth which was where a key would fit in.

His eyebrows furrowed as his mind went back to the reminiscence of the girl.

The wind whipped her smooth silky hair around her head. The green of the rolling hills and the rustling of trees made him calm.

“We shall make a promise. Do you promise that the next time we meet, we will never leave each other’s side?”

“I swear on my heart.” His little fingers crossed his chest making an ‘X’ over his heart.

“Until next time we meet.”

The two little children embraced each other, their short arms wrapping tightly around their small bodies.

“These represent our promise.” The little girl took out a locket with a dragon and wings carved on it with every little detail and a key with the same design. “When we meet again, we shall open your locket with my key as a sign that our promise has been fufilled.” She pushed the dragon locket into his tiny hands.

“Promise again that we will definitely meet again, Yifanny.”

“Eung, ­―”

Now all grown up, Kris stood at the doorway of Bomin’s bedroom. He sighed heavily. He never knew the girl’s name. If only he wasn’t so dumb at that time. The most tragic thing though, was that he couldn’t recall the girl’s face.

But none of that mattered now. There was a small chance that Kris and the girl of his memories would meet. Heck, he thinks even thinks that the girl has already forgotten about him.

But this memory was his alone. None of the members know about this. Even Tao, who he was the closest with, doesn’t know about the locket he kept around his shirt, hidden from the public.

Kris would play that memory over and over again whenever he had nothing to do. He would always chuckle at the silly nickname the little girl called him. He would always imagine how the girl would look like now.

Once again his fingers glided over the locket. His eyes finding every detail of the wings. The perfectly shaped claws tucked under the wings. The folds of the leathery skin of the limb. Even the intricate design had Kris wandering whether there was only one of this unique locket.

He sighed again and walked over to Bomin, handling the trinket back into his shirt.

He pushed her shoulder. “Hey, Bomin, wake up.’

“Shaddup. Bo Bo. It’s still the holidays.”

No success.

He leaned down so that his mouth was aligned with her ear.

“I want to see how you taste.” he whispered seductively.

At once her eyes shot open as she yelled, “What the !” in Kris’s face and earning a slap on the right cheek.

He burst out laughing, wheezing for air.

“You ing , Kris!” She shoved him to the ground as she stood up from the blankets.

“You ain’t my homie no more!” She seemed upset as she turned her back on Kris, crossing her arms across her chest.

“Ain’t no homie turning their back on me. I’m too cool,” he said, oblivious to her feelings.

Sniffling sounds were heard from the other side of the room when Bomin was still turned away from Kris.

Regretting his words, he placed his hands on her shoulder but quickly retracted it when Bomin flinched under his touch.

“Hey, Bomin, look, I’m sorry, okay? I was just trying to wake you up.”

The atmosphere became even more colder.

The rarely seen Galaxy pout appeared on Kris’s cold face.

“Are you really like this?” Bomin turned to see a pouting Galaxy Kris then exploded into laughter. “I was only joking!”

“I’ll get you! But later ‘cuz you need to brush your teeth.”

“Yes, Kris-Senpai~!”

He muttered a “What the ?” before she disappeared into the bathroom next to her room. He just stood there, head floating in the clouds again.

D.O and Kris both smiled at the same time but Kris was looking at the delicate locket in his hand and Kyungsoo was daydreaming again.

“You’re my little secret.”

 


•∙•∙•∙•

Hey guys!! So I’m back with another chapter!! How did you like those little secrets? Ehehe. I feel weird right now. Lol.

So school has started again but don’t worry I can still update while at my education. Yes, I waste my education like this for you guys!!

Do you guys think that Kris will find his ‘girl of his memories?’ And will Kyungsoo confess his feelings to Bomin? More mysteries for you to fume over with!!

I’m also greedy for your comments. COMMENTS COMMENTS COMMENTS COMMENTS. LOL. And thanks to the 4 people who upvoted. It really brings me motivation to get my note book everyday to write some things. Thank you!!!

Your Author, kevinoppa

•ᴥ•