Chapter 11

Idols' Conflict

*Bomin’s POV*

During the course of a few days, I’ve begun to notice a few things. Like Kevin and Kiseop have become clingier to me. Lay speaks to me often now, plus Soohyun. Need I mention now that Xiumin and Luhan kinda isolate themselves from the main group? Like they excuse themselves whenever we have a meet up someplace or some catch up time and over dinner or lunch they barely speak a thing to the other people just keeping their private conversation to themselves.

I need to find out what’s wrong.

As I was wandering around EXO’s dorm one day―Don’t worry, I ain’t gone into no room. Who knows what horrors are hidden in there― Anyway, as I was saying, I was wandering around when I saw Luhan and Xiumin sitting next to each other watching a video.

I went to stand behind them. I made sure to change my voice into a creepy deep voice. “Hey, whachya watching?”

 I tried to hold my laughter in when Xiumin screamed and Luhan jumped out of his skin. “Holy sh―” They both turned around. “Oh. Hey.” They said when I was seen.

“What’s wrong? Did I scare you?” I put on the best innocent face I can muster from my stiff facial muscles.

“No. It’s nothing.”

Hehe. They bought it. It was my evil intention to scare the hell out of them.

I should start considering for an acting career.

I didn’t know how to start the conversation so I cut immediately to the chase.

“May I ask you guys why you aren’t interacting as much with us these days?” They seemed quite taken back by the question I threw at them.

They both stayed quiet until Luhan answered me with a question. “How did you notice?”

I walked around to grab a chair and sat in front of them. “Well, I do have good eyes.”

I stared at the men in front of me. Xiumin looks like he’s scared of something with his eyes widened and scanning the place at a million kilometres an hour. I switched my gaze to Luhan. I studied his face. Apart from looking a little alert, I couldn’t get anything out of his expressionless face.

“Are you guys hiding something?” I pressed on a little more.

They both exchanged cautious looks before Luhan held his hand up. “Give us a minute.”

At this point I was really confused. Like what kind of a situation is this? It’s like those two guys―who are no more than a metre away from me― are discussing what to do with my life. Like one of those police interrogations.

I felt uncomfortable as I shifted nervously on my chair, my ears picking up snippets of Xiumin and Luhan’s conversation.

“…Can’t tell her…”

“…What if…. The one..?”

“…Not that one…”

“…Tell her we are…”

“…Seems to have it figured…”

“…Can’t resist anymore…”

“Fine.”

“Bomin.”

I don’t know what happened to me but I jumped at the firm sound of my name.

“Y-yeah?”

Xiumin is just as nervous as I am, for what reason I don’t know. Even I don’t know why I’m nervous.

Hidden instincts? Maybe.

“This is a secret so we trust you not to go yelling it in everyone’s faces.”

I nodded. I’m honestly slightly scared mainly because of the fact that Luhan’s voice dropped an octave lower.

“I can’t believe I got myself stuck in this situation.” I heard him mutter to the ground before looking at me.

He let out a huge breath and a slight red started appearing in his cheeks.

Is he embarrassed of something?

“Xiumin and I… We’re dating.”

There was silence for a few seconds.

“Oh my God! Why did you say it like that!?” Xiumin covered his whole face while Luhan stood up from his seat and ran around the whole kitchen and then came back only to knock down his chair in his wake of running.

I sat quietly in my seat with a gaping mouth as I stared at Luhan. “Really? Is it true?” I whispered in a quiet voice. I was sure that Luhan couldn’t pick it up.

“Y-yeah.”

That took me by surprise.

My voice pitched a few octaves higher. “XiuHan is real!! Oh my God. You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this. My dream finally came true!” At this point I’m running around flinging my arms everywhere showing the fangirl inside of me. “You need to tell me this.”

“What?”

“Who tops?”

“What the hell, Bomin?! Why would you even want to know?!” Xiumin tried to get something to throw at me but Luhan stopped him with a hand to his arm.

“She has a right to know now that she knows about us.” He spoke in a quiet tone. He faced me with a smirk on his face. “Now if you’re wondering, I top.”

.

MY XIUHAN FEELS!!!!

 I fanned myself, feeling the room becoming hotter and hotter. “I need a breather. Enjoy your time alone with Xiumin.” I winked at Luhan before I ran out the door with a flushed face from the going all out actions in there.

“Wai―” I heard Xiumin’s voice call out before I closed the door, ignoring his cry of plea. I was pretty sure that he would enjoy some alone time with Luhan.

“Hoo!” I leaned against the doorframe thinking what is life?

What do I do now?

I basically live because of the ships.

I know. Such a sad life I live.

Now there’s officially XiuHan in the house. KaiSoo is crossed out. Elvin is also crossed out. What about DongHoon? I’ve noticed them holding hands now and then and making skin ship A LOT.

Unfortunately, I didn’t spend much thought on it because I spotted a guy walking towards me. I blinked for a spilt second and nearly screamed when I saw the guy standing within close proximity to me.

THAT was fast. And damn. Doesn’t this guy pull all-nighters?

His eyes were so dark that they seemed to be the colour of black coal. He had squishable cheeks ready for harassment that showed he was a teenager at growing stage. To top it off he had dyed black hair which showed just how pale he is though I see that he has a slight tan despite his paleness.

“Hello.” He greeted me in a deep voice which matched the face of the teenage boy.

“H-hi.” I was still flustered at the encounter of this boy. But hey, he seems nice enough to talk to. Plus he kinda cute.

“I’m new to this place so can you take me to the cafeteria?”

“Ah, yes. Follow me.” He quietly followed beside me as I lead us.

“What’s your name?” I heard him chime up next to me.

“My name’s Yang Bomin.”

“Oh, nice name. I’m Jeon Jungkook.” His lips bent into an almost smile. If it could be counted as a smile then it was the first time he smiled at me.

I smiled back. “I’m 16 this year.”

“Me too.” His almost smile turned into a full smile.

“You should smile more. You look really cute when you smile,” I complimented him.

His cutie of a smile disappeared from my vision as he turned his head the other way.

“T-thanks.” Shy Jungkook looks so cute and squishy.

I laughed out loud at his embarrassment.

“We’re here,” I said when we arrived at the door of the cafeteria.

“Thanks. Do you wanna grab a meal with me since you came here?” He looked at me with his normal face as he pointed towards the line at the counters.

“Sure!” This time it was his turn to lead me to the counters. “I’ve been hungry all day; it’s just that I’m too lazy to grab food because I usually cook for myself and other people.” I groaned internally as I remembered I still have to cook for those idiots back there.

“Your friends?” He stopped and turned to face me when we reached the end of the line.

“Yeah,” I replied back with a smile. “You should come visit me some time. We can have fun in the kitchen.” I’m pretty sure that Jungkook wouldn’t faint at the sight of abnormally hot guys.

Wouldn’t hurt for him to visit, right?

“Which dish is the best here?” I heard Jungkook ask the counter lady.

“I would recommend the beef stew in meal D but you can choose a meal you prefer,” she replied with a slight smile.

“Ah, then I’ll get the beef stew. Bomin-sshi?” He turned to look at me questionably when he finished ordering.

I felt like eating something cold because it’s summer so I ordered meal B with the cold chicken noodle soup.

“Nice choice,” the lady said before confirming my order.

Jungkook and I wafted off to the side to wait for our lunch.

“When’s your birthday? Seeming that we are the same age this year,” I asked him to start a conversation.

“April 15th.”

“Dammit! Mine’s on September 10th! Why am I always younger than everybody I meet?!” I vented my frustration on the metal table bench while it was Jungkook’s turn to laugh at me. His deep voice filtered through his throat as a deep laugh which got me melting.

I was about to yell shut up to his face when the chef in the kitchen called out, “Meal B and meal D are ready!”

“Hey, it’s our orders. Let get them.”

When we grabbed our food trays, I was about to scan the eating hall to find a table to sit at when Jungkook pointed his chin towards a group of some good looking guys. “There’s my friends.” He started walking towards them as I tried to keep up with his long strides.

“You had friends?”

“Well, yeah. They ditched me back at the dorm to come to the cafeteria and I didn’t know the way around school and then I saw you and you know the rest.” The smile that was plastered on his face made him look so cute as he walked to his friends. Since I literally had nowhere to go, I followed Jungkook as he muttered away about his friends ditching him.

“Hey, Kookie. What you got there?” a guy with a troll but cute face said.

Even though I was slightly offended by what Troll Face said, I couldn’t help but laugh at the nickname he called Jungkook.

“Hello, Jungkook's friends.” I waved my hand to the three guys I don’t know. “The name’s Yang Bomin. I’m turning 16 this year.”

“Kim Namjoon. 18.” A guy with a cutie/cold face nodded at me, I replied his nod with a smile.

“Hey there! I’m Kim Taehyung. Also 18.” He pressed a peace sign to his eyes making me melt over my feels.

“Jung Hoseok! Hope we can be best friends!” The Troll Face guy came over and hugged me which took me by surprise but I wrapped my arms around him after a moment of hesitation.

“Group hug!!” I heard Jungkook yell out and I felt more arms sliding around us.

“Ok, ok. That’s enough! I wanna eat!” I unconsciously yelled as I felt that my personal bubble was being invaded too much.

We finally settled own and stated eating our food. As we enjoyed our food, something dark and depressing crossed my thoughts.

I stopped my actions mid-air.

The last time I came here and ate cold noodles…

Unknowingly, tears started rolling down my cheeks and my hands shook as I dropped the utensil I was holding.

“Bomin? Are you okay?” Namjoon and everybody else looked at me with worry.

I shook my head and buried my face into my shaking hands. Though Jungkook didn’t know what was wrong with me, I felt his arms wrap around me. I felt safe in his arms as I leaned into his chest, crying my eyes out at the memory.

“Shh. It’s okay.” He rocked me back and forth like a mother comforting her child.

“Should we get her back to her dorm?” I barely heard Taehyung ask. The memory of the past drowned out all that was happening around me.

“I’ll carry her.” I heard Hoseok say before I felt his arms sliding under my body.

I feel so weak sobbing into his chest like a baby. I hate this. I hate him. I hate my past with him.

I could hardly hear the question that Hoseok asked me. “Where’s your dorm?”

I didn’t want to answer so I just sobbed harder into his chest, soaking his shirt.

“I saw her in front of a door before so I think that’s her dorm.”

The walk seemed like an eternity. During that eternity I fell asleep but I could hear a knock on something hard and faint voices discussing something.

“She just started crying so we thought we should bring her back to her dorm. What? This isn’t her dorm?”

“We’ll let her stay here though. We’re her friends. Here I’ll take her.” A faint voice that sounded like Kris echoed in my head.

“No, no, no. Make it stop, Bowan.” I heard myself mutter subconsciously.

Bomin? My brother’s voice filtered into my head.

“Help me.”

“Tell us when she starts feeling better.” I felt myself being placed into a strong pair of arms before I totally lost conscious.

***

“Come here, little girl.” I ran and ran and ran from the dreadful voice that followed closely behind me.

“I won’t hurt anybody.”

My panting started becoming heavier as I felt tired. I ran past classrooms, feeling terrified at the thought of what will happen when the man would catch me.

I ran up the stairs to the rooftop of the school. I looked behind me and trembled at the sight of the hooded man.

“Nowhere to run now, Yang Bomin.” He inched closer and closer to me until I could see the dark face under the hood.

I looked behind me at the ground down below.

It was worth the risk. I’d rather die than be captured in the hands of the man who was smirking as he inched closer.

“You won’t ever ing catch me.”

I took a step off the platform.

 

I sat up as quick as light. I was drenched with sweat all over my body. Anxiety crept up from my toes to my head at the sight of darkness. I flung my arms around, trying to find a lamp or something that I can switch on. My hands collided with something soft like a body. I flinched at the touch. I turned over to face the object. Luckily, my eyes adjusted very quickly in the darkness so I could see what the thing was.

Oh, gosh. It's just Kris.

Wait!

KRIS?!

What did he do to me?

I felt around my body to see what was out of place. I let out a relieved breath when I felt that my shirt and pants were still intact.

Although Kris was sleeping beside me, I still felt alert with the lights not on because it reminded me of the dream. I shivered again. I should seriously question my brain’s imagination.

I shuffled around trying to find the edge of the bed with my legs and stood up when I found it. With my excellent vision, I had no trouble finding the light switch. My head snapped to the door when it creaked open. For the second time a relieved breath left my mouth when I saw D.O standing at the door.

“Bomin?” His soft voice called for me. “You okay?” He came over to me, his eyes widened with worry for me.

“No,” I blurted out with honesty. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hid my head in his chest.

He caressed my hair. “Don’t worry. I’m here for you.” He grabbed my shoulders and gazed into my eyes. “If you want to talk about it, I’m here.”

Why do I feel weird when his doe eyes are looking intensively into mine?

I felt my lips tremble at the memories that are once again flooding into my head.

I should take this chance and let everything out. It was the first time I have ever let another person know about this apart from my brother.

“I-I have a cousin who attends this school.” I started off then I felt tears rolling down my cheeks again. I hid my face in D.O’s chest again as he led me outside to sit on the couch in the living room.

“Shh. It’s okay. Just let it all out.” He let me soak his shirt as I cried into his warm chest.

When I calmed down a little I started again, “I have a cousin who attends this school.” Kyungsoo was quiet as I let my words out. “When I was 13, he came over to my house one day.” Though I didn’t want to say this to D.O, I felt the need to let this all out. “That day was when no one was home even my brother because that day he had a project to do with a friend.” Tears started rolling down my face as I tried to desperately wipe them off with the tissue that Kyungsoo gave me. I hate it when people see me like this. Weak and fragile. “L-Let’s just s-say that day was the d-day I almost lost my v-v-vir―” I couldn’t hold it in anymore and I sobbed into Kyungsoo’s chest once again. I felt him tense when he figured out what I was about to say.

“That ing piece of bull.” It wasn’t Kyungsoo who said that but rather another person who was listening to me at the entranceway. I lifted my head up to see Kai and Kris with an indescribable face of anger, clenching and unclenching their fists. When they saw me and D.O look over at them, they disappeared to their rooms leaving both of us confused.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be by your side to protect you. I promise.” He held me tighter and pressed his lips to my forehead, taking me by surprise with his action.

“W-wha―” I was interrupted with a pressure on my lips. The pressure being Do Kyungsoo’s lips.

My head said not to respond but push him away but my heart said to enjoy this moment.

I took myself and D.O by surprise when I returned his kiss. I slid my arms around him, pulling both of us closer. I broke the kiss and leaned my forehead against his, our noses touching each other.

I suddenly came to my senses when I realised that I had just kissed Do Kyungsoo. I let my arms fall down and snapped my head far away from him.

I didn’t look back as I opened and stepped out of their dorm and shut the door behind me.

The thoughts in my head froze as I opened the door to my room and crawled under the blankets.

It took me a while to fall asleep.


 

•∙•∙•∙•

Ayoz! I’m back quicker than I thought I would be! This probably the first time that I’ve updated twice within a month and both chapters within close proximity to each other. I shouldn’t even be updating because I have assessments due like in two days. There goes my education; flying out the window.

Hope you guys are liking this story so far. If you guys were wondering about the BTS appearance, it's not the real BTS that's why I put four members in there and I had no idea for the characters' name. So I was like why not?

And yes, I left you (And myself) confused with D.O and Bomin. How did it end up like this? I don’t really know myself either. Comment what you think!! I would really appreciate those lovely words of yours. It might even give me an idea for the next chapter. So if you don’t want me to update fast then stay quiet or do comment, alternitively. 

I think you might have seen my story update or something (I don't know) But to those who were freaking out, I was just editing my other chapters. Sorry if you thought they we're updates. But here's a real update.

Sorry for the long A/N (though some are longer than this)

Your Author-Nim, kevinoppa
^
^