Chapter 12

Idols' Conflict

*Kyungsoo’s POV*

Why did she run away? What did I do? Was it something I did? Something I said?

I scraped my thoughts to find any solutions. Then it dawned on me.

She didn’t feel the same way.

Did she?

I buried my head shamefully in my hands.

What do I do?

I was so selfish and thought of myself. But I was so sure she felt the same way with me because I found out who Owl-Eyes was; it was me the whole time.

I sat there feeling horrible about myself and Bomin.

Suho.

I need to talk to Suho.

I stood up from the couch and stared at it wearily. I sighed and walked to Suho’s room.

I knocked softly on the door. “Junmyeon?”

I heard a faint ‘Yeah?’ before I opened the door. “I need to talk to you.”

He was sprawled over his bed and staring at a picture that was out of my sight. He sat up and motioned towards himself, placing the picture ever so strategically face down, his face softening into his motherly expression. “What do you want to talk about?”

I walked over and sat on his bed, staring at the cream white ceiling. “It's about somebody.” I heard my voice crack as I felt tears forming in my eyes.

Suho came over and held me in his arms like a child needing comfort. “Who?”

“Just answer this question.”

“Is it Bomin?”

“Shut up.”

“Fine. What is it?”

I hesitated, silently wiping my wet eyes and giving myself time to think about how to structure the question before letting it out of my mouth. “If you, for example, kiss somebody and they kiss back then the person runs away, what does that mean?”

He wiggled an eyebrow at me. “Nice question.”

“I said stop it.” I reach over and dig my knuckles in between Suho’s shoulder blades, emitting a painful groan from his mouth. I laugh a little, relishing in his pain.

“Okay. Okay.” He swatted my hands away with much difficulty because I was still digging my knuckles into his back for the fun of it. “Gosh, why so serious?” He rubbed his back when I stopped.

“Just answer the damn question.”

“Alright.” He leaned on his arms against the bed, staring at the ceiling, probably thinking, for a few long seconds before opening his mouth. “Well, I think the person may have a slight confusion with their feelings. So I’d give them some time and space to think about it, then approach them with the matter but I wouldn’t be too sensitive about it depending on the person.”

I stared intensely at the floor with my hands cupping my cheeks as if the floor was the source of all of my problems.

“What? Did you kiss her?” Suho did his ever so annoying eye brow wiggling again. This time my hand went straight for his crotch.

For the first time in his life, he lost feeling it for an hour.

As I stood up to leave, I spotted the picture that lay face down on the bedside table. I reached for it. I could hear Suho yell out faintly for me to stop but I chose to ignore him. This could be precious blackmail material for me to use on him since he already has one to use on me.

I lifted the picture, still face down, to my face. There was an ‘I love you’ and a cute heart drawn at the end of the message. I grinned somewhat evilly as I recognised the writing as Suho’s. I turned the photo over and stuck on the card was a certain Troll whom everybody must know by now.

“Joonmyeon, are you serious!? You’re gay with Jongdae!?” Suho’s whole face turned red before he covered himself with his blanket.

“Just get the out, Kyungsoo!” He yelled out other profanities that I couldn’t make out. I just smiled at the swearing Suho under the blanket.

“This is awesome! Suho has finally found his love. You do not know how long I’ve been waiting! You always looked so lonely.” A side that I never thought I had, came out and took over my body as I tackled Suho under the protection of his blanket.

His head popped out, looking confused. “W-what? You mean you aren’t disgusted that I’m gay?"

“Nope! I’m totally fine because it's love, no one should judge one another because of who they love.” I am pretty sure I can see tears in his eyes but he blinked them away before I could confirm it. I thought of his reaction before then realised my mistake of them being together. “Have you confessed to Chen yet?” I purposefully leaned my face close to Suho’s to intimidate him.

“N-no. Not yet,” he stammered with a flushed face.

“I’m totally on to you guys!” He looked at me with a never more confused face in his life. “Never mind. I’ll leave you with your fantasising.” I stuff the picture in Suho’s face before jumping up and walking to the door after hearing nothing from him, mind full the newfound information that I will not tell anybody.

It's my evil secret.

***

*Unicorn Lay’s POV*

I lay in my bed, worrying about her. She was crying in her sleep when the four boys brought her over. Why? Did someone bully her? Did she have a bad dream last night? She lost something?

I can’t take this.

My head is gonna explode from over thinking.

My legs carried me to the kitchen before I could register what was happening to me. But as I passed the living room, I heard sniffling and a comforting voice. I stood at the entrance way to the kitchen.

“L-Let’s just s-say that day was the d-day I almost lost my v-v-vir―”

My whole body tensed when I heard Bomin’s sobs.

I want to comfort her. Hold her in my arms. Make her happy.

I heard harsh language come out of somebody's mouth across me at the other side of the hall way. I turned my head to the expressions of anger on a whole new level which I have never seen before on Kris Ge and Kai Di’s (Little brother) faces. They turned away and walked back to their rooms respectedly.

I ruffled my hair at the statement that Bomin said before she started crying. I have never seen her so shaken before. She usually had the image of a strong girl that would not cry at any given moment. What could have possibly made her like this? Unless she experienced or witnessed something horrible.

My brain dictionary scraped its pages to find the word that starts with ‘vir’.

Verge?

No that’s ‘er’ not ‘ir’.

That’s when it struck me so hard that it knocked out my breath as if somebody punched me in the heart.

There’s only one word that would make sense in this situation.

ity…

Many emotions came and went from my body. Sadness. Hatred. Anger. Guilt. Depression. But only two stayed. Sadness and anger.

I shook my head violently side to side.

What is happening to me?

Sure, it’s normal for a person to feel sadness and anger but I am overwhelmed with those emotions and a strong feeling that I cannot figure out that is coursing through my body like an illness.

My legs carried me to the couch with its back facing to me. The lights weren’t on but I could see that Kyungsoo had his arms wrapped around Bomin’s slim body.

Something gripped my heart. Why does my chest hurt as if I am having a heart attack when I see Kyungsoo kiss Bomin on the forehead? Why am I feeling these negative emotions when I see her with another man? I do not know.

I felt my pupils dilate, my eyes darken and wicked thoughts overpower the good ones, swirling around in my head like a sandstorm. I could see the silhouette of the two figures attached to each other by their mouths. Angry tears slid down my cheeks as I unconsciously walk silently back to my room and cover myself with my soft blanket, the faint sound of the front door slamming shut ringing in my ears.

I cried and cried even screamed into my pillow until I had no energy or moisture left in my eyes. I whimpered softly at the pain that is tearing my heart into multiple pieces like a person ripping it out and shattering the brittle muscle of my heart.

It cannot be.

I cannot fall in love with another person.

But was too late already.

Help me.

I don’t want to experience the pain of love again.

Somebody hear my scream and help me out of this oblivion.

***

*Bomin (Your POV)*

I groaned as I stretched my arms above my head. Is it because I didn’t sleep because of a certain person or is it because I could feel a heavy weight on me? I lifted my head to look at my bed. I frowned, confused at the sight of a leg draped over my torso and Jun’s head rolling over the edge of the bed. ‘Why is he in my bed?’ you may ask. I don’t know. All I could say about him is that his neck would hurt like he was dragged across half the world by it when he wakes. Not my fault though.

I felt another presence beside me and came face to face with ing Lee Kiseop’s beautiful eye-candy of a sleeping face. I in a sharp breath as I was reminded for the billionth time that Kiseop is a trillion light years prettier (and ier) than all the girls in the world including me for all I care. His half opened mouth did not help at all; it only contributed to his iness. Don’t forget the dishevelled hair. Yes, the hair distracted me from getting up.

I sighed as I felt the weight of Jun’s limb on my body. I sat up so that his leg fell off me and would land on Kiseop heavily.

“What the hell!?” I was about to lose my feels when a cute and angry Kiseop punched Jun in the stomach. Luckily, Jun wasn’t conscious enough to be rolling in pain. But it didn’t mean that it kept his neck from hurting like getting stubbed in the toe.

He rolled his neck to get the stiffness out of it. “Ah, .”

I politely ignored the rudeness that came out of his mouth and watched amusedly as the two men fought over something that I do not know. I stood up to give them some room.

“Why are you guys in my bedroom? More importantly, my bed?” I said when the round of wrestling was over between the two guys. When I mentioned the fact that they were in my room, Jun’s face become that of an annoyed little kid wanting a candy that was never coming any time soon.

“Dongho kept talking non-stop about Hoon and how happy he’s been.” He even crossed his arms and pouted when he said that, succeeding in getting me to coo at his adorableness.

“Wait. What? Hoon!? Dongho!?” I said when I realised what Jun said then cleared my throat when I noticed that my voice pitched higher which must not be normal.

“It’s true. He’d talk about how he found him―” Kiseop butted in to talk but I interrupted him.

“So Dongho and Hoon are dating each other?”

Both of their faces became blank from surprise then they looked at each other.

Kiseop spoke in a soft voice, “What if they were?”

“Well, I have seen those two holding hands and making skin ship not so privately,” I added with my chin in between my thumb and pointy finger like of one them detectives.

“Let’s just continue this later or not talk about ever until they can confirm it. Though, I’d rather the second option.” Kiseop shivered slightly and got off my bed to wash up in his shared room. “Need to wash up. Jun, you come with me. Don’t be a ert and give her some room.”

I didn’t notice that Jun had his arms wrapped around my waist and that his head was resting lightly on my shoulder so I jumped slightly when I felt his breath ghosting over my neck. He muttered a 'sorry' at me before he waved and left my room. But I couldn’t skip the look of worry on his face and a mouthed ‘talk to you later’ before he closed the door.

I looked at myself in the mirror inside my bathroom. I flinched at my reflection. I looked horrible. No wonder why Jun was worried. My eyes are red and puffy from crying and there are visible dark bags just sitting underneath. I’ll repeat it again. I look horrible. I really need that sleep. I didn’t realise that I spent that long tossing and turning in my bed.

I breathed a heavy sigh of stress. I should sleep some more. I lay back down in my bed and waited for sleep to come.

***
I looked down at my five year old chubby baby fingers. I realise that I am standing in the plain with soft green hills and a boy about three to four years older than me. There was something oddly familiar about him excluding the fact that his face seemed to be shrouded in darkness but he wasn’t wearing anything that would cover any part of his face.

I felt my little heart beating at an abnormal pace and an unfamiliar feeling stirring inside my stomach as I lifted my hand to hold his.

“We shall make a promise. Do you promise that the next time we meet, we will never leave each other’s side?” I crossed my little fingers over the place where my heart would be resting.

“I swear on my heart.” His little fingers crossed his chest making an ‘X’ over his heart, copying what I did.

"I don't want to leave but I have to. We will meet someday. I will make sure of it.

I had the urge to hug the unknown boy because it was possibly the last time we will see each other. So I wrapped my short arms around the boy's torso.

“These represent our promise.” I let go of him as I remembered the shiny things that Mum gave me and said that I needed to give the locket to him. I bought out a locket with a dragon with a horn protruding from the top of its head and wings carved on it with every little detail and a key with the same design. I stared at it, marvelling how intricate each of the little things are. “When we meet again, we shall open your locket with my key.” I shoved the dragon locket swiftly but softly into the boy’s hands.

“Promise again―”

He had a look of determination before my little world became darkness.

***

School starts in two days and I am not ready. Mentally that is. You see, I am very much stressed out right now. The dreams I had. My old childhood memory. And D.O.

I don’t know anymore.

I need to think.

I need to let it all out.

I pushed the covers away and walked to my bathroom to brush my teeth. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw myself in the mirror. I looked much better compared to earlier this morning. My skin had more colour in it and my eyes looked fine now and full of life.

As I brushed my teeth, I thought of my problems.

Should I talk to somebody about it? But I don’t want to be a burden to them by pushing my problems onto their bodies. Should I solve my own problems? But it’s better to have two heads than one as the supposed saying goes, so I chose the first option.

Who should I talk to though?

My mind went instantly to Jun. A flash of a memory showed Jun mouthing ‘talk to you later’ to me when Kiseop and Jun left and the unmistakeable look of worry casting shadows on his face.

Before I knew it, I was knocking on their door and a fresh looking Kiseop opened it.

He smirked at me. “Did you miss us?” He held his arms out, expecting a hug from me not a shove of annoyance. “Well, somebody’s moody today.” I could literally feel the mock in his voice floating in the air.

I know that Kiseop is a ‘mature’ young man of age 19, that’s why I bodly said, “I’m not on my period.” Like a (even flipped my hair in his face) and proceeded to drag Jun out of the room saying, “I need to talk to you.” He quickly obliged, which made my life a hell lot easier, to let me drag him out of the school doors and under the shadow of a majestic willow tree. Yes, I know my trees. Surprising isn’t it?

He gave me a confused face as I motioned for the both of us to sit on the ground.

“Being outside helps me think a lot better and clearer,” I answered his perplexed gaze.

We both sat under a comfortable silence, feeling the fresh summer breeze on our skin before I broke it. “You are probably wandering why I looked so horrible in the morning. Am I correct?” Upon seeing Jun nod his head, I continued,” I hope you’re comfortable with this topic because it’s about my love life and more.”

He raised an eyebrow and nodded again but I could see that he was finding this amusing somehow. I him gave the stare. Knowing me and what I’ll do to him, he quickly composed himself to a more serious image. “Are you sure you want to talk about it?”

I nodded. I couldn’t help but notice how tense Jun became and the worry flitting in his eyes.

“It started with Kyungsoo.” Jun looked really shocked when I said D.O’s name. But I ignored it and continued, “I’m pretty sure the guys told you this while I was sleeping. Remember the time when four boys bought me to EXO’s dorm knocked out and crying?” Jun nodded. “Kris took me in and let me sleep in his room. When I woke up, Kyungsoo was at the door. He asked what was wrong and I told him about my problem and when he was comforting me, he kissed me on the forehead. I was confused. It wasn’t like we were lovers or something like that. And he did something that I couldn’t ever imagine.” At this point Jun’s eyebrows both disappeared into his bangs.  I sighed and whispered in a small voice, “He kissed me on the lips. The worst part is I kissed back then ran away from him. Now I’m all messed up. I can’t figure out my feelings. I don’t know if I’m even attracted to him. Maybe I li―”

I was cut off by the hug that Jun crushed me in.

“Shh… Don’t say things like that.” I heard him whisper into my ear. Even though he spoke with a soft voice, I could hear the firmness in it. It wasn’t long before I returned his hug.

“So what’s the problem? Jun asked after he let me go.

“I don’t know my feelings,” I simply said.

He pressed a finger to his nose like it is his position for thinking while I fiddled with my fingers, nervous of what will come.

“Hm… Let’s see. Ah!” Jun clicked his fingers as something popped into his thinking tank. “Do you blush when he smiles at you?”

I try to recall the times where I felt heat coursing through my cheeks when D.O smiles at me. Brief flashes of still images had me nodding and letting “Sometimes” out of my mouth. But I felt a part of my brain colliding the images flashing in my memories with thoughts of another person/s. Who it is? I do not know.

Jun gave me a weird look. “Then do you always think of him?”

Again, I raked my thoughts for anything related. “I don’t know.”

“This isn’t going anywhere, huh?”

“Yeah.”

Right now I just want to lie down and listen to music that would make me forget these things. So I took out my phone in my pocket and my ear phones. I picked a song that would fit this situation of me letting out everything inside. Someday by U-KISS.

I held out the other ear bud, that I haven’t put in, to Jun, asking if he wants to listen too. He accepted it with a smile. I smiled back at him, enjoying the melody filtering in my ears. It wasn’t long before I forgot that Jun was sitting next to me and that I was singing out loud, I didn’t care if I sounded good or not, I just want to vent out all of my stress that is growing inside of me.

I loved the way the melody filtered through my vocals cords. The way that I could let the stress out this way. I loved how the breeze danced in my hair and how everything seemed to melt into the background.

When I finished singing, I remembered that Jun was sitting next to me with a jump when I heard his breath.

“Sorry. I guess I got carried away there. And sorry for my bad singing,” I said with a scratch of my scalp, embarrassed as hell. I don’t even know how I sounded. I just wanted to blend in with the music and become one.

Jun just stared at me with both his eyes and mouth opened wide then he shook his head as if ridding of something in his hair (Which is bad considering he takes care of it intensively every ing day. It's annoying trust me.)

“N-no. You actually sound really wonderful. Maybe better than Kevin.” His face was what convinced me but lookie here, I’m a humble person.

“You’re just saying that to make me feel good.” I even ended that sentence with a pout which had Jun ruffling my hair.

“No. I mean it.” He laughed like a child in the playground. I like the way his eyes curve into a crescent and his mouth opens to let out sounds of laughter. And I’m just saying I like it.

We talked until our throats were dry. We talked about how much of a scaredy cat Kiseop is. How angelic Kevin is. How Hoon is such a diva. AJ’s smile. Soohyun’s power vocals. We talked and talked until the sun was starting to come down from the sky.

We giggled like little children being mischievous behind their parents or like teenage girls gossiping about hot guys.

“We should head back, shouldn’t we or else they’ll start worrying.” 


∙•∙•∙•∙•∙    

Yay! I'm back before Christmas!! Let's see if I can update before New Year. Most likely or not considering that it's the Summer holidays.

Let's talk about you guys. I don't know but I kinda miss your lovely comments. :'( 
I just want to know that I'm not talking to myself in the author's notes. Are you guys even reading this?

Anyways, how do you like the story so far? If you think that you are missing something just talk to me. Or if you want to suggest
something just comment. Subscribing and upvotes will make my day! (Maybe comments)

And I forgot to mention one thing! Have you guys heard to the EXO story called Growl? If you haven't you must read it. It's such a killer story.
Go on click the link : Growl

 

I'll see you next time!
Your Author-Nim,
kevinoppa

>ᴥ<