Chapter 4

Idols' Conflict

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is your captain speaking, I will announce that we will shortly be landing in Seoul, South Korea. I repeat again, we are in Seoul, South Korea, Oh, and you can switch flight mode off," the captain announced through the speakers.

"I can't believe that I'll breathe the same air as all those Korean stars!" I squealed, bouncing on my seat.

"You know K-pop?" Jessica asked me, smiling obnoxiously.

"Hell yeah, I know them!" I continued to scream and squirm in my seat.

I was about to cry in joy after discovering a friend who has the same taste in music. Now I truly understand the statement, "finding a person who likes K-Pop is like finding a lost family member".

Bowan was just staring at us, lost as to what we are talking about so he just looked outside the window, enjoying the scenery of Korea. My brother was snoring beside me. I never knew that he looked really cute when he’s asleep. He looked like a koala; dangerous but cuddly. 

“Hey, what are you doing?”

I turned my head to answer Jessica. “You won’t believe this, but there is a new member in U-KISS!”

“Really?” She started to bounce in her seat. And the guy sitting next to her was glaring at her, having disturbed his movie.

“Yup, I’m gonna die now, bye!” I said, of course joking.

“Haha. You know you’re really funny.” Jessica was trying to cover from laughing too hard. “My cheeks hurt so much now.”

“Really? I really am? My bro says not. I know, he’s mean.”

“Oh, I remembered something. Can I have your phone number?”

“Yeah, sure.” We exchanged phone numbers and kinda took selcas in awkward positions. We mostly talked throughout the flight; mainly about Jun. We slept a little and before we knew it we were preparing to land already. 

“Ladies and gentlemen, I shall inform you that will be landing in Seoul Airport in 30 seconds. Hope you all enjoyed your flight today and enjoy your stay in Seoul! Thank you!”

I smacked my brother in the face. “Hey, Bowan, get up. We’re gonna land.”

“What the?” He lifted his head up.

“Bo Bo is still sleepy,” I said in a cute voice.

“Bo Bo? Who’s that?”

“Both of us. Our names start with Bo, so why not make a nickname like Bo Bo? I can't believe I hadn't thought this up earlier.” I replied with a mocking tone of disbelief.

“Well, I guess you’re right. But don’t call me that at school or in public.”

“Why? It sounds so cute.” I pouted.

“Just don’t.” He was so cold and mean. Like Dongho or Kris.

The stewardess walked along the aisle to check everybody. “Everybody, please prepare for landing.” 

I braced myself for landing because it was my first time on a plane, I didn't know what to do.

“Well, here we come Seoul and school.”

The impact of the landing pushed me forward. I was really lucky that we have seatbelts or else I would’ve died. I didn't want to go on another plane ever only if I actually have to. I shivered. That was one horrid experience that I would not like to try again.

“You can get your luggage out, people.” The stewardess helped the shorter people get their luggage for them. It was so funny just looking at it. Well, being a pretty tall girl, I didn't know how it feels like to be a short person.

My family and Jessica are finally going down the stairs on the side of the plane.I can’t handle this anymore. I’m here in Seoul with all those gorgeous Koreans. Walking into the airport, I was very surprised that there were so many foreigners walking around inside. We went through security again but this time with Jessica, my new friend. Welcome to my weird world, Jessica. When we were outside, I hugged Jessica goodbye, “I’ll call you every day, ‘til then bye.” It was so sad. She jumped into a taxi and waved goodbye to me,

“Bye. Soon you soon!”

“Who is she?” Mum asked.

“She’s a friend I made on the plane,” I replied back.

“Oh, she seems really nice, doesn’t she, Bowan?” Mum winked at him while me and Dad are laughing our asses off.

“W-What no! Stop it!” Bowan blushed.

“I’m just joking.”

“Well, you never know…” Dad trailed off looking somewhere.

Our taxi finally came and drove us to the hotel that we would be staying at while we prepare for school. Everybody looked outside the windows, staring at the beautiful city view of Seoul. I saw a hoard of merch stores. I shall go there when I have time. When we arrived at the hotel and checked in our rooms, I immediately took my luggage out and started preparing to take a shower. I took my phone in as well for music. I started singing to the songs so loudly, everybody on the floor would have heared me for sure. After I showered and was all clean, I decide for an early sleep. My parents were gonna wake me and Bowan up at six or something to get ready to move in to our new school. I huddled under my blanket for some shut eye. 

―――

I was woken up by the yelling. I sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes.

“Everybody, wake up!” Mum and Dad yelled.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m awake,” I replied to my parents. I looked over to Bowan. He was still sleeping like a little baby. I quickly looked at my phone. It was like seven in the morning. Well, need to prepare to move into the school today. Since most of my clothes were still unpacked in my suitcase, it wasn’t long to be ready. Of course, I took some clothes out to wear for today.

“Okay, children, let's go. School starts next week and we need you to be comfortable.”

“Woo! Here we go! We can do this!” Bowan said finally awake and ready, and for no apparent reason cheering as if he was encouraging himself.

Strange child.

“Well, that was random, just like me! High five!” We high fived each other and laughed like maniacs on crack. Which was a sight that none should see.

“Okay, enough playing around. Go in the car,” Dad hurriedly said .

“Okay,” Bowan and I chorused in unison.

Once we got in the car, my phone beeped, telling me that there is a text from somebody. I looked at it. It was from Jessica Bling Bling. Just a nickname I gave her.

Bling Bling: Hey, I miss you so much T.T

Bo Bo: Aww, do you miss me already? Anyways, why are you up so early?

Bling Bling: Yes, of course I miss you. Everything’s dull without you T^T.
The answer to your question, I can’t sleep because I’m too excited. I’m in Seoul for Pete’s sake!

Bo Bo: Well, makes sense. But you better get your sleep; you didn’t get much on the plane.

Bling Bling: Fine. You too. you also didn’t get much sleep. ^^;

Bo Bo: Yeah, yeah, I will. :3 Well, I gtg. Need to get ready for school next week. Bai Bai~

Bling Bling: Okay, bye~ Talk to you later.

Our conversation ended when Mum and Dad stepped onto the car. Perfect timing Mum and Dad.

“Okay! Kaja! Let’s go!” Dad started driving. I stared out the window with my earphones in. Seoul is so beautiful in the morning when the sun has just risen and taken control over the sky. All the colourful city lights created a scene like the underwater ocean at night, but without the darkness, it was just like the birds of paradise taking flight with the sun peaking over the horizon. There were so much stores and markets open really early. But all those Kpop merch though. It took us approximately 20 minutes to drive to the school. Once we filed out of the car, everybody marvelled at the extraordinary sight before us. This was no ordinary private boarding school. It was beautiful. Everything was so colourful unlike all the dull colours of some schools. It actually made me look forward to learning in this school.

Wait.

If the outside of this school blows us away, I wonder how the inside would look like. It took so much of my brain's precious energy to imagine it.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a young person walking towards us. He must be a student.

“Good morning, everybody. My name is Un JeongKi, and I’m the principal of this school.” The young man bowed, we returned it and made our introductions.

I took my words back about him being a student.

“Wow! So successful at such a young age! What a young man!” Dad exclaimed.

“Well, I’m only twenty-five. I’m so old!” he replied. Well, I had to say that he is quite handsome.

“No, you’re not! That’s very young! Haha, you still have a long way to go ‘till you’re old, you know. But keep up this excellent job! This school is fantastic! The best one that I’ve seen!” Mum said.

“Oh, you didn’t have to say that. But thank you.” He bowed respectfully to Mum and Dad. “Anyway, I need to show you around the school.”

We followed him as he guided us around the school, and showed us all the classrooms in the school and he was very polite to us. All the students that were around were very well mannered too. 

“This is the end of the tour around the school. Right now I will show you all to your rooms or dorms.” When Mum and Dad gave him their confused faces he elaborated more, “Your son and daughter will be staying with other people.”

“Oh, that’s fine by us. But can you put their dorms next to each other? It’s because they will miss each other if they are not in the same room or near each other, as you can see they are twins,” Dad replied.

“Yeah, I noticed. I have a twin sister too. Here, look at her picture,” Principal JeongKi showed us a picture of his sister and dayum, they look exactly like each other. Sometimes I just can’t believe that these types of twins exist, but hey, look at me and Bowan. We're stuck with each other out of all twins. Nah, I love Bowan. 

“You guys look exactly like one another!” Bowan and I said at the same time. Everybody looked at us and laughed.

“Well, looks like we have something in common. So! Let’s find you guys your rooms and get settled in. I hope you all enjoy being educated or educating in Buchan Private Boarding School. If \ you need my help just look for me in my office. You can’t miss it. It has a big sign saying Principal’s Office."

Keeping that information in our heads, we followed him to our rooms. Until I was left.

“Well, this is your room and I did something to add a little drama…”

“What do you mean?”

“You’ll find out in one day,” He smiled at me and walked down the hallway, leaving me perplexed.


∙•∙•∙•∙•∙
Sorry I took so long to update. I’m trying to make the poster of my story at the same time. And one of my lovely subbies asked me to make my chapters a bit longer. Hope you’re satisfied with this chapter!

Again, I am really sorry for taking so long to update but I will never abandon this story because of all your support.

Your Author-Nim, kevinoppa
oᴥo