Chapter 20

Idols' Conflict

They’re suffering.

My people are suffering.

I can feel their pain, their fear, their exhaustion; it hurts me to see them like that because nobody from midst of them would stand up and face the evil ones. Nobody brave enough to resist. Nobody with the heart to speak up.

They have suffered enough.

It is nearly time.

―――

I spluttered out nothing from my lungs as I tried to sit up from the cold concrete ground. My coughs rang around the room where I was in. ‘How did I get here?’ was the dominant question in my head. All I remembered was Luhan’s face when he ran towards me in such an inhumane speed.

Luhan.

This is not happening.

Why can’t I feel his presence in my head? Where’s my brother? Where is everybody?

For the first time, my mind wasn’t filled to the aura of another person and that made me afraid on so many levels.

Hello?

Nothing.

Is anybo―

“Ah!”

I fell against the concrete when nausea and unbearable heat coursed over and inside my body. I thrashed around on the ground even though it only worsened the burning. My limbs began to go numb, but as fast it came, the pain was gone. It was silent for a second or so, except for my
hard-laboured breathing, before I opened my eyes properly. A cold flush fell over me when I saw a person wearing a black cloak. It looked exactly like a silhouette with no legs as it flittered towards me.

No. Don’t come here.

I chanted those words in my head like a mantra, willing that thing to go away.

I could feel the evil seep out of its body and squeeze the oxygen from my lungs. I choked on the thick air that was filling my nostrils and mouth. I weakly cowered against the wall burying my face in my arms to hide the figure from my vision.

I heard a scoff and the click of hard leather shoes colliding with each other.

“Look at you, the supposed ‘ruler’ cowering like a petrified dog.”

The voice spat out the word ruler with so much loathe, I flinched violently and felt tears start to well up on the corner of my eyes.

“With the power I have, I should be the one to rule, not some creature that can’t even harness its power yet.”

Those words just barely in processed in my head. Just barely. But what made me slowly lift my head up and untangle my limbs was his voice. It felt like I have heard it not long ago but at the same time it seemed like I wanted to forget it.

I almost fainted when I saw his face.

It can’t be.

No.

Never in a million chances.

“That’s right, Bomin. It’s me, GoMi. The cousin who wants to break you.”

I felt the beat of my heart stop for two beats as the information settled in. It was like it triggered a seizure in my body; my trembling worsened and I slumped against the wall, all energy drained from me. I didn’t know if anybody is coming for me. Maybe they didn’t even know that I was gone.

Even though on the inside I am shivering and scared, I tried to show as little emotion on my face, but I couldn’t help the terror fill my eyes and searched anxiously for an exit around the room, and sure enough, there wasn’t one.

“Oh, you can’t escape this room without using your powers. That is, if you know how to use it.” He chuckled as if it was the funniest joke he made.

I huddled closer to the wall, trying to be as far away from my disgrace of a blood-related cousin as possible. Although my body just wanted to lie down, forget everything and do nothing, I thought and thought about the situation at hand

Even if I escaped, where would I go?

What powers do I even have?

Why is he here?

What does he have to do with everything?

What is he?

I was a wreck. I didn’t want to feel like one. I want to face him with a strong heart. I don’t want him to see my weak side.

I breathed out a breath of courage and stood up slowly. GoMi was surprised by my actions and took a cautious step back; should I try to pounce on him. Like I would ever do that.

“Since I would be forever stuck here, can I ask who you are?” I lifted up my hands to show him I have nothing though he most likely took everything off me.

His eyes narrowed as he scrutinised my posture or anything that would show an attempt at escape. Satisfied with his analysis, he sat on the ground and motioned me to do so too. “Well, Min.” ―I flinched inwardly at the pet name but I showed no signs of resistance to the usage of it― “I am the leader of the most powerful group of Zanlamias. So basically speaking, I am the most powerful Zanlamia on the land.”

That much I expected.

“If you weren’t my cousin I would have killed you already. Be grateful of our blood ties. I would never commit a sin against my own kin. Well…”

That much I didn't expect.

My fist tightened on my thighs when I remembered what happened those years ago. For a split second I saw fear in his eyes but it was gone and replaced with a sly look in his face.

“I want to jump on you now but I’m afraid that your brother will feel your helplessness and come here to beat me up again even though he wouldn’t know where to find this place.” My jaw clenched shut audibly. “But I’m pretty sute he might find a way to get to you only if he isn’t looking like a dead guy.”

My eyes narrowed to slits at his words. “What?” I almost growled, feeling the strong need to protect my brother as an older sibling. I could feel my eyes buring at the sparked rage in my body.

The man in front of me had an ignorant tone to his voice and leaned back as if he hasn’t got a care in the world. “See for yourself.”

My anger still seethed its absolute limit as a transparent bubble floated up to my face. But my fury was forgotten when the image of my brother came up.

GoMi must’ve seen the desperate look on my face as stood up. “I’ll leave you alone to cry over your brother.” He smirked. “I’ll find you soon.”

I didn’t care where he went and tried to touch the bubble. The thought that it would possibly be gone taunted me at the back of my mind even after I successfully grabbed the bubble in my hands and brought it closer, staring at my brother.

He hasn’t been eating or sleeping by the looks of it and I felt so incredibly pained.

“Bowan!” I called.

I shook the little ball in my hands. “Bowan! Look over here!”

“Bowan.” My voice cracked as tears unknowingly slid down my numb cheeks.

If I wasn't staring at the bubble, I would’ve missed the way his head perked up.

Bomin?

His voice was very faint but it has still the voice that reassured me, the one that I loved and felt so comfortable with, I tried to grab that fading thread which connects our thoughts.

“Bowan! No!” I despairingly shouted, arms reaching out for the bubble that flew from my grasp.

There was a flash and everything was silent.

I didn’t know I had my eyes closed until I twisted my head this way and that only to see unending darkness. I cracked my eyelids open and blinked rapidly at the brightness. I wasn’t in that room anymore, I was somewhere familiar. My vision focused unconsciously at my surroundings and particularly one figure. I stared at the people in front of me. It wasn’t until I glanced at their faces, did I realise with a start that I was back in the school.

All their faces seemed deathly pale. Bowan stood up from them, moving his lips as if trying to speak with me.

“I don’t read lip,” I said before I saw the unmistakeable look of confusion drawn on their faces. “Can’t you hear me?”

I could also see the uneasiness in their eyes. I quickly glanced down at my hand but my gazed lingered there for a lot longer than I thought. I stared at my transparent hands with widening eyes then I noticed something.

My brother was in front of me, but I couldn’t feel him in my body. I also couldn’t hear anything. I turned to look behind me to see Luhan and Xiumin sitting in chairs looking at me too. Why can’t I sense their mental body?

Unexpectedly, Xiumin stood up and fumbled around on the desk behind him. I saw a glimpse of paper and pen as he scribbled something on it. He turned around and showed me what he wrote.

How did you get here?

I saw his intentions and grabbed the same things to communicate with everybody. I was surprised that I could be able to hold physical things when my body is not really solid at that time. Kevin, Jun, Kyungsoo, Lay, Kris, Luhan, Xiumin huddled closer to me, reading the message I had written.

I don’t know

Do you know where you actually are?

No.

Who took you away?

Yang GoMi.

My hand shook as I wrote those words, the nightmares of that day coming back to traumatise me. I felt something on my shoulder and traced the arm to the owner’s face. I felt extremely safe and comforted when I saw the sweet smile of Kyungsoo spreading across his beautiful face. Next to him was Jun and Kevin, grinning at me in encouragement. Lay and Kris were at the back sitting next to each other also beaming. I sensed the reassurance from everybody. I would have also given them my own smile if I didn’t feel a powerful tugging sensation on my body. I knew that I had to get out somehow. I quickly wrote bye to them and signed with my fingers that I didn’t know what was going on as well.

I didn’t know what happened but I felt the pull become stronger and an almost threatening one as the wind whipped around me and I closed my eyes. With an overwhelming urge to vomit with the nausea that came over me, I felt the coldness of the stone room I was in before and opened my eyes. The bubble was floating in the right corner of the room, now dull and grey.

I half expected GoMi to be in front of me and catch whatever I was doing with the transportation thing, but it seems like he hasn’t come in while I was gone. I could feel it in my crouching position on the ground. A few minutes of silence passed as I thought of a way to escape back again. I guessed that I was in a spiritual like form with my transparency and all that.

I jumped up in fright, no longer slumped on the wall and my muscles locking into a defence posture, when I heard an unpleasant noise that sounded just like two pieces of rough metal grinding against each other. I sneaked a look at the person without it seem like I am moving my head. When I had the perfect view of the face, my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets.

“Jungkook?” I stood up slowly.

“Bomin?” His voice was full of disbelief and he muttered something that I didn’t quite catch.

“What did you say?” I stepped closer to him.

“He’s a .”

My chuckle reverbed around the walls and soon Jungkook joined in. Now that is something you can’t not laugh at.

“He is a .” I wiped my laugh tears away and composed myself. “What are you doing here anyways?”

Jungkook had a depressing expression on his face as he looked down, staring at his fiddling fingers. “I… I work under him.”

I heard my blood freeze and speed up at the same time. My back pressed against the wall, nearly moulding them together. “What?”

“After I met you in that hallway, I knew you our destined leader. But you seemed so innocent and naïve that I just want to get out of his authority and serve as your trusted man. I convinced the other guys and now we just have to wait until you can control your powers.”

I was quiet the whole time he said those words. I didn’t know why I was crying; I just was.

“Oh, Jungkook,” I cried, rushing my steps to bury my head in his shoulder. 

 



 ∙•∙•∙•∙•∙  

I know, just bash me in the comments. But I knew that I had post something in appreciation to the new subscribers,
upvotes and comments.

I just had to and plus IT'S BEEN A WHOLE MONTH!
Calm down....
Ugh, I can't help but feel like I failed all of you. 
Right now I'm cold and it's dark here. There's a supercell storm going on here. Welcome to Brisbane.

To the people who kinda (?) like my writing, I am planning on another fanfic that I will start after I'm more than 
half-way through this fanfic. Well, we're more than half-way now... Just tell me what you think about it.
I'd love to know your opinions on my new story I've already posted a description and prologue on my blog. So you can check it out. 

Blog 

That's all I guess....

Your Author-Nim,
kevinoppa

ˣᴥˣ