*** 4

BITTER LOVE

After the incident that day, Luhan stopped coming home. He had not revealed anything about the swindle in the company, scared that Luhan might get to know about it. He did not even speak about it to Jongin.

 

After a tired day in office, just 3 days after that incident, Sehun was having a hot bath. He came out of his room and switched on the tv. What he saw was surprising. Luhan and Kris had got caught in the case of swindling money from the company. Both had been arrested from the office itself. Fifteen minutes later, there was knocking on his door and when Sehun opened it, the policemen ushered inside.

 

“We have been ordered to search the house for the documents. May I know where is Mr. Han’s room?” Sehun did not utter a word, he just showed them Luhan’s room. He stood near the door, seeing them ransack the whole room. Soon his cupboard was opened and they broke open a secret cabinet. Seventeen confidential files came out from it.

 

When the police left, Sehun fell down on the floor. He had gone through a lot already. The limits had been crossed. Not only had Luhan spoiled his married life, but had also made it a total mess. Sehun had nothing to do but cry. Why did he even agree to this marriage? He had made the biggest mistake in his life. Marrying Luhan was his biggest mistake and now there was no backing out.

 

The office was closed for a few days. They had declared a holiday in both companies till the matter cleared off. The press was chewing onto his peace of mind. Sehun’s mind was already a mess, and then the press asked all the rubbish they could ask. All Sehun now wanted was some peace.

 

Luhan’s father also called Sehun sometimes, telling him to stay strong and that he was trying his best to release Luhan without any accusations. Truly speaking, Sehun wasn’t interested.

 

It was not much late that Luhan was standing in front of his house. He was out of prison in 4 days time, free from all acquisitions. When he went inside, Sehun wanted to say something to him, but Luhan did not even look at him. He just went straight to his room. The butlers had arranged his room after the police had searched it. He had a quick bath and ate his lunch in silence. The coldness was back.

 

At night, Luhan sat all alone at the corner of his room, where all the hard drinks were stored. Taking out a costly brand of Scotch he poured a glassful and drank it in a go. Although he was free from allegations, Kris had been blamed for all that he had done. He would be under arrest for a month. Luhan was feeling guilty. Kris was getting punished for all that he had done. He took more glasses of the hard drink and allowed the heat to hit him.

 

Sehun could see all that was happening. Luhan had drowned himself in the pain of guilt. He just drank and did nothing. He did not go to work for days, files had piled up in his room. But Sehun did not dare do anything.

 

When things were going out hand, he decided to step in.

 

It was almost going to be a month after the whole thing happened. Luhan had made a mess of himself. He never ate properly and just drank.

 

“Stop drinking Luhan.” Sehun went and sat beside him, trying to take away the glass from him. But Luhan shoved him away.

 

“Dare you even come near me, stay away I said.” Luhan somehow spouted, drunk.

 

“You are too drunk, Luhan. Quit it. Kris won’t come back if you keep drinking.” Sehun once again tried to take the glass from him. Luhan suddenly got up and threw the glass on the floor, sending pieces of glass flying all over the room. He grabbed Sehun by his collar.

 

“How do you know the pain of losing someone you love? All of this happened because of you, just because of you. All of it was happening properly till you entered my life. You are going to get punished for it. I won’t spare you Sehun.”

 

He held Sehun and grabbed him to his room. Luhan shut the door with a loud thud and locked it from inside.