*** 23

BITTER LOVE

“I told you to leave me alone….please. I want to stay by his side….” Sehun tried to move his hand, but he felt himself immobile. He could hardly see. Suddenly he felt darkness cover his eyes and once again he went off to sleep.

 

 

“The case? How far has it gone? Did he receive enough punishment? I won’t spare him…” Once again, this was all Sehun heard. His head ached, his body hurt. His eyes got heavy again and he became unconscious.

 

 

“Sehun- ah…your son, he wants to see you. Don’t you…”

 

 

Sehun came to consciousness once in a while. It was due to the medicines or due to his ill condition, he could not stay awake for long. He tried moving his hands or even his fingers, but that was the only movement possible. He saw Luhan, he saw his empty room, he sometimes even saw the nurse, but that was all. No one made out his movements or his urge to stay awake.

 

But finally it was possible.

 

Sehun blinked his eyes, trying to grasp things around him. His head and his body ached, but he was conscious. He saw his legs and some parts of his arm and chest bandaged. Trying to get up, he also felt a dull pain in his abdomen. Putting his hand over there, he realized he had a stitch. And then he remembered everything that had happened that day.

 

Kris kidnapping him, all of them being in that room, Kris hitting him and then the pain in his abdomen, the baby and the fire. Sehun first panicked and then looked around the room. Luhan was peacefully asleep on the sofa in his room. He gave out a sigh of relief. He tried getting up, and then flinched in pain, which woke Luhan up.

 

“Sehun….Sehun…you are finally awake. Thank goodness.” Luhan had already started crying.

 

“Luhan…how is my baby..how our child Luhan?” Sehun asked feebly.

 

“Our child is fine Sehun. He is fine. Since he was premature, he has been put into the incubator. He is doing fine in there. He was born healthy.” Luhan said rubbing his thumb in circles over Sehun’s palm.

 

“And Jongin?” Sehun asked, again, after a pause.

 

Luhan looked up and then looked away. His smile faded and then he spoke. He did not know how would he tell the news to Sehun.

 

“Ahh…Se..Sehun....now that you have woken up…I should call the nurse. She needs to check over you.” Luhan stod up and was about to leave when Sehun held his hand.

 

“Stop changing the topic Luhan. Tell me, where is Jongin. How is he?”

 

Luhan stopped. He walked over to him in small steps.

 

“Sehun…Jongin…Jongin could not..” Luhan gulped. “He did not survive. He could not succumb to the burns. He died the day our child was born.”

 

After Jongin fell down that day, he tried his best to come out from under the pillar but he could not. By the time Chanyeol came to his rescue, he was half dead and already unconscious. He was admitted to the hospital with 70% percent burns. The doctors tried their best but he died in the operation theatre itself. As promised, he had saved Sehun and his child, being their protector.

 

Sehun kept quiet, but it took him time to grasp the news. In te beginning he just stayed still. The nurse came and checked his condition. He was fine. She also came and told about the baby but Sehun could not hear anything. Tears had already filled his eyes, he was crying.

 

Sehun started wailing and then screaming. He could not accept Jongin’s dead.

 

“He can’t die. No..he can’t. He can’t leave me like this. He had promised to stay. Stay by me forever. I am at fault for this. He tried….he had tried to save me….”

 

“Sehun..calm down. You are not at fault for this….it was an accident Sehun.” Luhan tried to calm hims down, but then, who would. Jongin’s loss was too much for him to take. He would never be able to forgive himself. At last Jongin had died saving him and his child.

 

Sehun did not eat or listen to anyone that day. He just lay there still. Neither Luhan, nor the nurses, nor the doctor, none could persuade him to eat. He slowly then drifted off to sleep.

 

Days went by. Sehun’s condition improved. After 3 weeks of unconsciousness, he had to rest 2 weeks more before getting discharged.

 

He had now accepted everything, but still was feeling guilty and responsible for it. People came to visit him. First was Chanyeol, who too had been injured in the whole fiasco. The day he had come to visit, it was the last day of Kris’ s trial. He had been arrested and charged for attempt to murder, murder and threatening Sehun and many other charges and crimes. He was taken under arrest for 15 years. He told the news to them.

 

For the first time Sehun felt a wave of relief. The person who had forever tried to spoil his life, had at last received punishment.

 

He would go and see his baby daily, without fail. The little soul was growing well in the incubator and after a few weeks more, if his condition would be normal, he would also be into Sehun’s arms. They had named the baby Ji Cheng, Lu Ji Cheng.

 

Both Luhan’s and Sehun’s parents also came to meet them. Then came the lawyer, with news about the company. The company was back to it’s former condition. Everything had been settled.

 

After Sehun's dicharge. Jongin's funeral was held once again, this time properly and Sehun served selflessly in it. He hoped his deeds would be forgiven and Jongin rested in peace. Minseok and Yixing were also in a trauma. Since Jongin wasn't there anymore, they decided to leave the place and go somewhere else.

 

 

Things were soon back to normal.

 


 

I am sorry...sorry...very sorry...to kill Jongin. It's a sincere apology to my readers and Jongin fans. I am sorry. I am feeling very guilty for it. But as a writer, I had no other option and secondly things had to make sense right?

If I did not kil Jongin. HunHan would not have happened. I could not send Jongin anywhere else and just leave their lives and go...it would be senselss and introducing another character or making him fall in love again, at this point of the fic...once again senseless. That is the reason and the only option left with me....was to kill Jongin.

I am soo very sorry. I hope my readers will forgive me....you all will forgive me right...???....please....!!!!

Thank you YukiPixie for upvoting.

Please everyone....keep subscribing, commeting and UPVOTING...!!! Please do upvote.

@RonRoxx