*** 2

BITTER LOVE

Sehun had heard the noise of breaking things outside, and then the sudden silence. He found it creepy. Something was wrong. Sehun peeked outside, thinking whether he was doing something wrong or not. He quietly went and knocked on Luhan’s door and waited. No one opened it. He knocked again, this time louder. Still there was no reply. Worry creeped up Sehun’s body. Something was seriously wrong inside.

 

He called for the butlers and ordered them to open the door. A few more came and banged the door. Then a butler came running with the master key and opened the door. Sehun was the first one to enter. The room was a mess, furniture down, vases broken, his clothes torn. But Luhan wasn’t there. Then his eyes went to the bathroom door. He opened it.

 

The view shocked him. Luhan was lying in the bathtub, in a pool of blood, totally unconscious. The butlers rushed inside and took his body out. Sehun wrapped him up and ordered them to call for his doctor. He had to say that his butlers were efficient. The doctor arrived and did the needful while Sehun stood there by the side.

 

“May I know who you are?” his doctor asked, while he fixed the IV line for Luhan.

 

“Ohh, I am his husband, Oh Sehun. We got married today.” Sehun said with a frown. A day two people got married, could not be worse than this.

 

“You have to careful of Luhan. He has lost a lot of blood and is very weak at present. He may regain consciousness most probably tomorrow morning. You need to take care of him, now that he is married. Here are some medicines. Make sure he has them. I will visit once again next week.” He smiled, and then got up to leave. Sehun led him outside.

 

Sehun went back. Looking at Luhan’s pale figure, he pulled the sheets over him and then decided to sleep on the couch in his room.

 

Luhan regained consciousness early next morning. He looked around himself and was surprised that he was at home and not in the hospital. He saw Sehun sleeping on the couch in his room and not his parents howling over his attempt to commit suicide.

 

Trying to lift himself, he let out a yelp which was enough to wake Sehun up. Sehun rubbed his eyes to Luhan awake.

 

“So you woke up.” He came and poured him a glass of water. Giving it to Luhan, he continued.

 

“The doctor told to eat these medicines and not to take much stress.” He said, arranging the medicines and taking the glass from his hand. He checked the time.

 

“Oops, I am late for work. Gotto go.” Sehun was leaving the room when Luhan stopped him.

 

“You didn’t call my parents?” He asked.

 

“How do you think they will react seeing  their son trying to commit suicide on the first night of his marriage?” Sehun answered coldly and left the room.

 

Sehun headed for his office. Atleast there he would get some peace of mind, he thought.

 

His entrance to the office premises made all his friends stare at him, as if something huge had happened. The fact that he had got married, that to Luhan, it wasn’t a secret anymore.  The whole company seemed to be talking and whispering about him. He already had a mound of problems at home, now it followed him here too.

 

Without wasting much time, he rushed and entered his cabin and started working immediately. A lot of work had piled up from the past two days that he hadn’t come to work. Being the CEO of a huge company like Oh Associates, it wasn’t easy. But all this was a gift of his father’s hard work and Sehun was doing his best to manage the company.

 

It was during the lunch break that his best friend came inside, holding two cups of coffee in both hands and some files under his arms.

 

“Hey bro. You look so tired. You even got puffy eyes. Seems like your newly- wed life started great. So what did you and Luhan do yesterday night? Had..hmm…hmm..?” Jongin said, pretending to cough.

 

“Shut up. Made love?” Sehun took the coffee from his hands. “ Luhan tried to commit suicide yesterday night.”

 

“WHAT?” Jongin choked on his drink.

 

“I have even been threatened to stay away from him.” Sehun spoke as he kept typing something on his computer. “He must not like me. We were anyways married due to business matters.”

 

“Why are you worrying? You guys are not the only one who had an arranged marriage. Help Luhan in small stuff. Try winning his heart. Do some work for him, help him. He might fall for you. I mean, you are no bad looking fellow. Remember, half the office is ready fall at your feet.”

 

Sehun just sighed at Jongin’s words.

 

“What are these files for?” Sehun asked, noticing them on the table.

 

“For you. Your father sent.” Taking the files, he looked through them. He saw that shares and stocks of his company had risen after they collaborated with Han Corp. It was the only good thing that happened due to their marriage.