02

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter  Two

 

Author’s POV

The next day came in a rush and you woke up early for sure, since it was the first day of your school after the Christmas holiday. Means that today, was the first day of your 2nd semester, or the 3rd  term you could say.

You showered up fast, and packed all your school stuffs inside. You didn’t forget to put your journal too, into your backpack.

It was only 7 but you were already on your way to school. Your class would start at 7:30, but you didn’t mind coming earlier to school though.

 

“Karen!!!” Baekhyun shouted once he found you walking throughout the school’s lobby. You rolled your eyes towards this annoying guy (that’s what you think) and slapped him lightly on his shoulders. “I bet you haven’t finished your Math homework given by Mrs. Oh.” You said confidently. And as you expected, Baekhyun enlarged his eyes and grabbed his hair, frustrated but shocked at the same time.

“Oh right!” He screamed and then shook you back and forth. “Dude! Help me!” He begged as you acted arrogant, flipping your bangs to the side and scoffed.

“Who asked you to go to arcades yesterday?”

“But you went together with me too right?” He asked as you scoffed again. “But as I went home, I directly did my homework. What did you do yesterday?”

Baekhyun got quiet upon hearing your questions and let go his grip on your shoulders.

“I… Played games…”

You gave him a look but went to take your Math exercise book in your bag, handing it to Baekhyun. “Copy it before Mrs. Oh comes.” For some reason, you were doing it for a friend that you half-disliked, in a joking way of course.

He then looked at you with somehow, owl-ish eyes.

“Seriously…?”

“YES MY DEAR.” You gave him a death glare as he quickly took the book and cheekily grinned at you. “Thanks bestie!” He then ran away with your book to the class, probably going to copy it directly.

You then shook your head in amusement as you grabbed some other books first in your locker before joining Baekhyun in both of your class.

 

 

“Please submit your homework.” Mrs. Oh said as the whole class placed their books one by one on the teacher’s desk. She was indeed strict so for the ones who didn’t do it, they would be kicked out.

To conclude, you could say that Baekhyun was lucky today since he has you.

“So moving on to the next topic, we will be learning trigonometry.” She said and started scribbling on the board. You looked at it boringly and reached your hands on your journal that you kept inside your drawer. Just as you wanted to open it up and continued writing your entry, Baekhyun snatched it away.

“Hey!” You half-whispered to him as he silently laughed and opened up the first entry. You expected him to tease you but no. Instead, he wrinkled his nose.

“Dude, you don’t usually write things like this. Do you normally speak to yourself?”

“Huh?” You raised a brow. “What do you mean? Of course I’m not speaking to myself. I’m not a psycho.”

But Baekhyun closed the journal and handed it back to you. “But you’re writing it as if you’re a psycho.”

“Am not.”

“You are.”

“NO.”

“YES.”

“N—“

“Karen Park.”

You froze after Mrs. Oh called out your name with her strict tone, as she was tapping her foot. You gulped and hid your journal under your table.

“Y-Yes, ma’am?”

“Go out.”

“Alright ma’am.” You stood up from your desk and saw Baekhyun putting his guilty face. Everyone looked at you weirdly since you rarely got kicked out.

Since you knew you still have 1 and a half period left for Math, you decided to secretly bring your journal and pencil case with you.

You went into the school’s garden and sat on a bench. “What did Baekhyun mean? Me? A psycho? Pfft.” You rolled your eyes as you opened up your journal.

But hey, it was indeed strange.

You raised a brow as you found out that the entry was different.

 

1st January 2014

 

You call that a simple sentence? Really?

Saying ‘hello’ to me? Why can’t you go for ‘Yo wazzup’ or something? Be cooler man, you got no swag.

And remembering that you bought me today? God, as if it’s a special day.

 

“What the hell?” You said and re-read it all over again. When on earth did you write that? You weren't stupid enough to write entries to diss yourself. 

“Weird…” You shook your head, thinking that you might be hallucinating or something while writing that.

Not going to mind about that anymore, you then took an erase

Please log in to read the full chapter