05

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter  Five

 

Author’s POV

“Baek, let’s go home.” You nudged his busy hands, which were typing the keyboard furiously. “Wait, I only need to shoot this arrow and… YES!” He beamed once he killed his opponent.

Being a little noisy because of his victory, other students shushed him down and some gave him death glares. Including you. Did he forget the fact that he was playing a computer game in the library, not the arcades?

“I’m going to leave you now. Bye.” You just walked off casually as Baekhyun rushed on turning the computer off and followed you from the back like a lost puppy.

“Can we—“

“I’m not going to the arcade.” You directly cut him off as he sulked. Of course it was obvious enough to know what his request was. Going to that place was already his habit, sometimes you wondered how his money would never run out whenever he refilled his card with cash. 

“Go by yourself, I need to do my homework.” You said and soon, separated ways from Baekhyun. He turned left while you turned to the right.

 

Arriving home, you did the usual stuffs that you always do—shower up, have a meal and do homework.

Today, you were given to do another Mathematics homework about Quadratic expression. And you were so weak at this.

You grunted and stared at the question number one.

Even number one was enough confusing to you.

 

Without you even realizing, you ended up taking your journal and used it as a counting book. You counted one by one but just couldn’t get the answer.

“Math, can you just grow up and solve your own problems?“ You sighed in disbelief and let go of your pen, slumping yourself on your desk. Yes, you were too lazy to do your homework but you’ve got no choice. That damn teacher would just give you detention and more homework if you didn’t finish the current one.

And the worst thing is—you have to submit it tomorrow.

Sounds bad, doesn't it?

“Great.” You groaned in frustration and started counting again. But another writing stopped you and made you realized that you were actually counting some equations on your journal.

“Oh, not again.” You rolled your eyes and went to read Sehun’s message.

 

Having trouble with quadratic expression?

I thought you were clever.

 

And once again, this jerk started to annoy you to hell.

 

Yeah, so what?

I had never admitted that I’m clever; you’re the one who hoped too high, jerk.

 

Yeah yeah whatever. Since I’m kind today, I’m going to help you.

 

“He’s… going to help me?” You didn’t know why but felt lightened up that he would. Yes, you were happy but you won’t show that emotions directly to Sehun.

 

As if you’re clever.

 

You smirked upon writing that as your writing faded.

 

Hey you know what.

If one day I can go out from this journal, I could probably smack your head with my thick Mathematics book.

 

Hah, as if you can go out from this old journal.

 

Sehun, on the other side frowned. Maybe he really couldn’t get out… could he?

 

Yeah… Guessed that you’re right.

 

Upon on reading that, you suddenly felt guilt on yourself.

“Probably I shouldn’t have said that…” You frowned too.

 

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.

I promise someday, I will get you out from here.

 

Back to Sehun’s sid

Please log in to read the full chapter