12

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter  Twelve

 

Your POV

Monday. The worst day between those 5 weekdays. And another bad thing is; we're going to have 2 periods of Mathematics today.

Oh great, when will my life get any better?

Added with Sehun’s ignorant or I could say, weird behaviour yesterday—surely made me a little frustrated.

But don’t ask me why.

I think it’s not the right time to talk to Sehun for now since he was in a bad mood yesterday, I guess.

But I wonder why?

 

 

 

“Hey.” Baek was waiting at the gates again. Oh, this guy had never got tired of waiting for me in front of the gates.

And that’s pretty weird.

“Hello to you too, frienemy.” I smirked as he just shot me a frustrated glare.

“What?” I asked with an annoyed tone.

“Nevermind.” He then slung over his arm over my shoulders like how he usually does and we then walked to our class like usual.

 

School wasn’t fun, at all. And after school, it would just get worse.

 

Why?

 

“Let’s walk together to the café!” Baekhyun clinged onto me again. When will he stop being like this? I'm still trying my best not to be annoyed but it's just hard especially when he clings onto you, don't you think?

“Please don't do that, Baek. You’re not my fan.”

“Oh yes I am.” He laughed and stopped clinging. “Now let’s just go to the café already. We might be late!”

Sighing, I just followed him all the way to the café we both were working for.

Actually I don’t even know how, he found out the place where I had been working at.

And WHY he had to apply as a worker here, with the same shift as me.

“Aye, don’t forget to change your uniform first, Bacon.” I warned him before he could just started to serve the customers.

Baekhyun then facepalmed and went back to his locker, getting his uniform.

Have I ever tell you that this guy is clumsy and a troublemaker?

If I had, sorry for repeating it twice.

“Thanks for reminding, Karen!” Baekhyun then placed his school uniform back into the locker.

Yup, ever since Baekhyun joined the same shift as me, we both had decided to go together, directly from the school to the café.

Remember that I would always go home first to shower and eat?

Well, that schedule no longer exists.

Because of that half-fried-Bacon.

 

“Ooh, you’re already here, Karen?” Haerin approached me while smiling non-stop. I rolled my eyes and blew up my bangs. “No, I’m at the grave. Well duh, can’t you see I’m standing here already?”

Haerin just giggled and soon, darting her eyes to somewhere else. From what I saw, she was actually looking at Baekhyun for the whole time. “Haerin, you never tell me.” I nudged her arms, which made her to flinch a little—looking at me while blushing hard. 

But I guess she didn’t even realize that she had been blushing.

“Love at the first sight, huh?” I again, making her to slap my arms lightly and asked me to stop. But meh, too bad I can’t stop teasing my best friend.

“Baek’s indeed handsome but just that he’s annoying and whiny.” I stated the fact.

However, Haerin didn’t seem care. She was like –I don’t care coz’ Baek had caught my heart-

“Ew Haerin. I don’t even know why you like him.” I then decided to carry some other drinks and started working, leaving the daydreaming Haerin.

 

 

“Let’s go somewhere, okay?” Baekhyun was being whiny again towards me and of course, he’d use his ultimate pouting face.

I know that fits him but err…

 

I won’t fall for that.

 

I mean it.

 

“Baek, please stop pouting like a baby, will you?” I sighed but he just pouted more and soon, Haerin came to our place after she placed her uniform.

Hah, I’ve got a brilliant idea.

“Haerin-ah, this guy wants to go out with me but I’m busy with my homework. Can you go with him instead?” I eyed her and next, to Baekhyun.

He then gave me a questioning look but meh, who cares.

“Um, I don’t think it’s a good idea, I might burden—“

“No no no, you won’t burden me. Don’t worry Haerin, we’re friends right?” Baekhyun then started to be matured and gentle towards her.

 

God Baek.

Those 2 faces of yours.

 

 

“See Haerin? Just go for it! Bye Baek, I need to do my homework!” Before Baek could complain about me, joining the both of them, I ran off while yelling that to him.

 

Back at home, I was worried more about Sehun. I mean, didn’t you see his weird behaviour yesterday?

Like, what is actually wrong about hanging out with Baekhyun?

It’s not like he’s jealous or something.

 

 

Or he might be.

But neah.

Why would he be?

 

Look, Sehun. I don’t know what’s your problem but when Baek offered me to hang out again after our part-time job, I declined him

So yes, I’m back home early and I’m sorry about yesterday.

 

No no no, it’s not your fault

I was being stupid and weird yesterday

And it’s okay for you to hang out with Baek. Sorry once again.

 

And… Back to the normal ‘apologizing-ish’ Sehun?

No jerky mode?

Please log in to read the full chapter