19

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter  Nineteen

 

Author’s POV

You had never been this excited in your life. Thanks to Sehun, you were able to get Baekhyun and Haerin together. Starting from you, ignoring Baekhyun until being absent to work.

Last night you had called your co-workers and told them about the plan. Luckily, they agreed and also, fortunately, the manager believed that all of you really had something important to do.

“I hope that this genius' plan would work.” You did a ‘hwaiting’ pose before getting out of your house.

 

In front of the gates, Baek was standing there like usual. Sometimes you would just gave him an annoyed look but today, based on the plan, you would just ignore him.

Or instead of being annoyed, you would try your best to act cold.

“Morning Shorty Missy!” He laughed but you kept your pokerface on, just walked pass by him.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows towards your weird behaviour and walked beside you.

“Yah, I’m talking to you.”

You didn’t respond and just kept on staring straight, as if Baekhyun didn’t exist. He then waved his hands in front of your face, “Hey, can’t you listen? Oh, did the psychopath just got deaf?”

Even though you really wanna smack his head now, but you were still, keeping your straight face on. Maybe killing Baekhyun mentally would be good enough for you.

“Aish, yah, Karen Park.”

With his serious tone, you turned to him—but did not respond.

Baek frowned towards the ‘new’ you and held your shoulders. “Why are you ignoring me?”

“Am I?” You gave a cold glare and slapped his hands away. “You’re overreacting.”

You then walked in a fast pace to the class first.

Still couldn’t believe on your totally 180 degrees changed attitude, Baekhyun sighed and frowned all the way as he walked to the class limply.

 

 

As Baekhyun got into the class, he was so surprised. Like, REALLY surprised.

You were supposed to be his seatmate but hell, you were actually sitting beside Kim Jongin—the class’s naughtiest student.

But Jongin was actually nice, and smart. Even though he’s naughty, he is just a rank behind the class’s genius, Youngjae.

Fortunately, when you ask Jongin for help about this plan earlier, he just agreed coz’ all he need to do was just to be closed to you and act as if he’s your best friend.

And your plan was somehow ‘naughty’ enough so of course, Jongin would be glad to help you with your ‘naughty’ plan.

 

“So you’ll just have to act as if you’re my secret best friend that Baek doesn’t know, okay?” You whispered as Jongin laughed and gave thumbs up.

Baek held his backpack straps tighter and walked stiffly to your way. “Yah, why are you sitting next to him?”

You furrowed your eyebrows as if you didn’t know what was the problem on that.

“You’re supposed to be my seatmate.”

“I feel like exchanging today.” You said shortly.

“But—“

“Come on Baek, can’t I sit with my friend for today? We rarely have moments like this coz’ you kept on clinging around her. Besides, Jae In was absent today so no one will sit beside me.” Jongin said and smirked.

Baekhyun then felt something just panged his head. “W-what? Karen, you never told me you had been his friend.”

“Should I?” Another cold and simple sentence just came out of your mouth. Just when Baek wanted to complain, the teacher came in.

Giving up, Baek went back to his seat and sighed heavily while you and Jongin did a hi5.

“Nice job, naughty Jongin.” You giggled softly as he followed you too.

“You know what, I never knew you’re actually this naughty too. Glad to be friends, naughty Karen.” You two laughed.

Baek heard you both laughing and felt down.

Why’s Karen different today? Had I been annoying her too much? He thought and frowned.

.

.

For the whole school period, all you did was just walking with Jongin, eating with him during break and lunch—leaving Baekhyun alone. It’s a little bit hard for you to do that coz’ you actually couldn’t stand seeing Baekhyun frowning for the whole day, even though he's your frienemy. Not only that, he didn’t even try to hang out with some of his friends.

Nope.

He didn’t try, at all.

He was being alone for the whole time. Eating in the canteen alone, at the corner.

Going to the science lab alone.

Going to the library alone.

Going to the toilet alo—

Wait, that isn’t included coz’ he always goes to toilet alone.

Unless if he wants to called gay, then he would go with Chanyeol.

 

“Um, Karen?” Baekhyun approached you silently—as if he’s really scared of you. Feeling a little guilty for tricking him like this, you just answered him with a monotone.

“What?”

“Do you want to go to the caf

Please log in to read the full chapter