14

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter  Fourteen

 

Your POV

The next day isn’t any common day. I mean, it’s not like we’re going to have any events at school.

Starting from now on, I guess, there will be no Sehun.

I know it’s only for a week. After my test, we will chat again.

But still, I just felt like something is missing.

 

“Why are you like this, Karen?” Baekhyun kept on looking at me even though I wasn’t looking at him. Is my face that obvious?

“N-Nothing.” I faked a smile but Baekhyun didn’t turn his gaze away from me. He then patted my back softly. “About Sehun?”

“Hate to admit this but yes.” I sighed.

He didn’t flinch or something but instead, he let out a deep sigh like what I did.

“So… I guess you 2 aren’t going well?”

I nodded slowly.

“He kinda avoids me because I told him I’m going to have an exam week.”

I then felt an arm over my shoulders. It made me to turn to Baekhyun and he was there, smiling.

I can tell it’s fake, but I’m not planning to ask anything about that.

“You’ll be okay and besides, means that he cares about you. He doesn’t wanna disturb you so you can do your best for your grades and don’t worry. You have me.” He smiled as I smiled back to him, walking together to our class.

 

Sometimes Baekhyun can be loveable, sweet and caring in some important situations, even if I hate to admit it.

 

 

 

Since today’s Wednesday, we both were of course, going to the café for our part time job. I was packing my book and zipping my bag nicely until…

“Here, let me help.” Baekhyun took my backpack and slung it over his shoulders.

 

 

Since when he turned out to be this helpful?

 

“Um Baek, I’m fine.” I said and tried to take my backpack from him but he avoided my move—sticking out his tongue. “Yah, Baekhyun-ah.” I shot a glare at him but instead of being afraid and teasing me, his gaze soften.

“Karen, you should be thankful because I’m not planning to be whiny or annoying today.” He had his head hung low, facing the floor.

 

Did the annoying and whiny half-fried Byun Bacon just say that?

 

“Baek, you didn’t drink any acid from the chemistry lab, did you?” I eyed him suspiciously. He soon looked up and gave me a frustrated look.

“So you do prefer me being whiny?” He asked but I quickly shook my head. “N-No!”

Baekhyun just smiled and then started walking out from the class. I followed him as we walked side-to-side. “Dear frienemy.” I started. “May I know why were you being like this?”

“Simple.” Baek answered me shortly. “I pity you.”

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. “Oh, Baek. Just because of my condition now? I don’t think it’s necessary.”

“I told you, Karen. If you don’t have Sehun, you have me.” Baekhyun then turned his head to look at me with his charming smile.

Again, I hate to admit this but that suited him.

Like, a lot.

If he’s a popular guy, it may kill many fangirls—sending them to the funerals.

 

“But it’s temporary only, Baek. Besides, I’m not this weak.” I defended but I ended up getting a poke from Baekhyun on my cheeks.

“Aye, you little. You even often zoned out during the lessons.”

“Nevermind about me.” I said and faked a smile. Dunno if Baek noticed it or not but of course, I hope not.

Baek shook his head and straightened my backpack straps. “Of course it’s my problem too. I mean, you’re my frienemy, so I’m involved of taking care of you.”

Before I could speak, he cut me off first. “Anyways, what did you carry in your backpack? I have to re-straightened it often.”

 

Oops.

 

“I bring my laptop. Sorry.” I spoke with an apologetic tone.

“No wonder it’s—“

“Heavy? See! I told you. I never want to burden you on bringing my backpack. Geez, Baek. Give it to me now.” I tried to snatch my backpack but he once again, avoided my ‘attack’.

“I didn’t say it was heavy. I just wanted to say your straps were slippery!” He made a lame excuse.

 

Oh, Byun Bacon.

 

“Slippery straps? Yeah, nice excuse, Baek. Just give it to me already!”

“No!” He laughed and ran away from me, heading out of the school first.

“Yah, wait for me!” I shouted and started chasing him too.


 

Back at the café, Baekhyun quickly headed towards the locker section and dropped my backpack in front of it.

Of course, he’s panting like crazy—running while carrying 2 heavy backpacks.

“Ouch.” He winced in pain while holding his shoulders. I giggled a little as I looked him from afar. It was a rare sight and I wished I brought my handycam to record this precio

Please log in to read the full chapter