07

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter  Seven

 

Author’s POV

Baekhyun was already waiting at the gates, again. Like how he usually does. You looked at him annoyingly while holding your backpack straps harder. When would he get tired?

“You should stop, really.” You gave him a look as he just innocently shook his head, looking unaffected by your reaction. “It’s my habit. I had told you already.” He replied to you with a sighing look. “Anyways, class is about to start. Let’s go?”

He smiled and slung his arms over your shoulders, dragging you with him.

Sometimes this guy can act mature and sometimes childish, you know. You just couldn’t predict him.

 

“Now, what is the equation of finding the surface area of a cone?” Mrs. Oh asked.

As soon as it was Mathematics’ period, the teacher just came in and directly asked about some equations to the students she pointed at. And for the one whom couldn’t answer will have to stand at the back of the class.

However, you were lucky that the teacher didn’t pick you. But Baekhyun got pick as the last student.

“Baekhyun, what is the formula of ball’s surface area?”

Being ‘not a really diligent’ student, Baekhyun rarely reviews and read his notes—causing him on not to remember the formulas that easily.

Remember that he loves to go to the arcades? He’s that kind of student so it’s kinda normal if he couldn’t answer the teacher’s question—even though it was freaking easy.

 

“Byun Baekhyun?” The teacher asked again as Baekhyun gulped, secretly eyeing at you—who was actually eyeing at him a while ago too.

Sighing, you grabbed your pen and wrote the formula on a small piece of paper, handing them secretly to Baekhyun.

With his gawking eyes, Baekhyun could just scan the formula in a flash and memorized it. “4 pi r square.” He mentioned the short formula and surely made the teacher satisfied. “Okay good. Looks like everyone is ready enough for the sudden quiz—finding surface areas and volumes.”

The whole class groaned in frustration, not even caring if the teacher might scold them for groaning just because of a sudden Math quiz.

You were frustrated too. You weren’t bad at Math but still; you weren’t as good as the class’ geek, Youngjae.

He’s extremely clever, as you know.

Memorizing the volume and surface area’s formula isn’t that hard for you. But when it comes to algebra and expressions…

 

Oh no.

 

“Please do not cheat.” The teacher warned every time she placed down the papers on the edge of each student’s desk.

Well, the student wouldn’t cheat.

Actually, couldn’t cheat—since the teacher has sharp eagle eyes, which can scan around the class. You don’t wanna get any consequences if you are caught because you know, it might be a very bad one.

 

“Start.” The teacher said. Baekhyun glanced at you for a while with a worried look. You just mouthed him ‘sorry’ because you couldn’t help him—even though if you want. At the end, Baekhyun just did his best in the test.

 

 

“Sorry, the teacher might catch us just now.” You frowned, feeling a little guilty that you couldn’t help the struggling Baekhyun.

“It’s okay. It’s not legal to have a teamwork anyways.” He faintly chuckled, getting a little stressed out that his score might be low. Yes, Mathematics is indeed hard, you can’t help it. All those equations, formulas, graphs—everything were truly complicated.

 

“Relax, Baek. It’s only a quiz.” You patted his back and stood up from your seat—exactly when the bell rung, signaling it’s breaktime.

“Let’s go get some ice-lemon tea to cool you down, shall we?” You smiled to Baekhyun as he nodded and grinned. He is surely one lucky guy.

 

Break’s over and the next period would be Accounting—a very boring subject. Yeah, note that.

“Reviewing back to the grade 7’s topic, we will learn about Cash Book.”

You groaned in frustration after hearing today’s topic and glanced at Baekhyun, who was pouting as usual. “Seriously? We’re grade 10 students and we need to repeat those stuffs again? Gimme a break.” You muttered and Baekhyun nodded in agreement.

Yep, you’re good in Accounting and since it was just about Cash Book today, you were not planning to pay attention to those boring notes. Instead, you took your journal.

And actually, you weren't expecting Sehun to reply but hey, he did.

 

At school? I never knew a psychopath would go to school.

 

A short message but it soon made you to furrow your brows. That jerk had neve

Please log in to read the full chapter