18

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter  Eighteen

 

Author’s POV

“Finally, the last day.” You said and drank some water from your water bottle. Baekhyun poked your arms and whined like how he usually does. “Yeah right, ICT and English.” You backed away from him after he poked your arms, shooting him an unhappy glare. “Once again, why are you back to whiny mode huh?”

He scoffed and folded his arms. “Why? Am I not allowed?”

“So now, that’s your favourite sentence, Mister Whiny?” You glared at him and also folded your arms, feeling a little annoyed.

“A problem for you, shorty Missy?” He stuck his tongue out.

“For your information, I am not that short.”

“Really? I think 169cm is short enough.” He smirked. You felt a little offended as you gave Baekhyun a look.

“I don’t care. As long as I’m the tallest girl in my batch, I’m pretty satisfied. Besides, you’re only 174cm. Look at Sehun, he’s above 180cm.”

Baekhyun soon grew frustrated once you spelled out Sehun’s name.

Why do you have to compare him and Sehun?

Like, always?

“Just go back into the class already.” Since Baek didn’t want to hear more, he casually walked to the class with no more complains while you just smirked upon your victory.

 

 

 

“, , , shi—“

“Could you please stop that?!” You half-yelled at Baekhyun once the supervisor got into the class, bringing lots of papers.

Baekhyun sulked at his seat.

You let out a very heavy sigh and threw him a crumpled paper ball to shut him up. Oh well, he got quiet too after the supervisor started on distributing the English question papers. Baekhyun was actually good in English, but he’s just lazy, as you can see. The long story essay will surely give him an awesome headache.

“Help me later.” He mouthed to you but you just gave him a shrug—initiating him to try his best instead of having teamwork.

Baek wanted to argue but couldn’t anymore since the bell had rung, which means the test, has begun.

 

 

“Great. ICT has no problem but now, I’m only going to get 85 for English.” Baek cursed under his breath as the both of you were walking out from the school, making way to the café. 

You just laughed at him (being how evil you are) and flicked his cheek.

“Ouch!” He quickly covered his cheek, acting like he’s hurt to death. “You, psychopath!”

“Excuse me? Now you’re calling me a psychopath too?” You scoffed. “I only flicked your cheek, for your information.”

“But that still hurts.” He murmured unclearly since his palm was sticking hard on his cheek. “Oh so you want me to shoot your eyes instead of flicking your cheek?” You grinned creepily, totally made Baekhyun to shut up and walked ahead first—entering the café.

You just shook your head while giggling a little and entered the building too.

There, Haerin was already serving some customers. However, the unusual thing was—she’s currently working alone.

“Rin? Where are the others?” You asked. Haerin didn’t reply for a moment as she served 4 cups of cappuccino to a group of high school guys.

“Ah, they couldn’t attend because they had something to do.” She said, huffing softly.

“Jinjja?” Baek popped out of nowhere. Haerin’s cheeks turned reddish and nodded.

“Aye, pity you. Let me help you with this one.” Without any hesitation, he just took Haerin’s other tray that she was holding with her other hand.

“Where should I serve this?” He smiled.

“A-Ani, I can handle th-this—“

“Oh come on. Me, as a gentleman, should help a girl.” He cut her off and then heard a group of girls squealing at the corner, waving Baekhyun to go there. “Guessed that these belongs to them.” Baek chuckled and then went to serve those girls their drinks as you just grinned to Haerin.

“You know what. I ship you guys.” You patted her shoulders before you go to the locker section to change your uniform.

Haerin just stood there, dumbfounded.

.

.

.

“Oh my God, why was it extremely crowded today?” Haerin sighed as she took some tissue, wipping some sweat on her forehead.

You shrugged while staring at the huge amount of people. Fully-packing the café up.

“But our shift has ended though.” You gave her a pleasant smile.

Baekhyun then came walking like a zombie and huffed. “Oh my God, why was it extremely crowded today?”

“Hey, you copied Haerin’s words. Like, exactly the same!” You pointed at Baekhyun, delighted. He gave you a weird look but stared at Hae

Please log in to read the full chapter