22

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter  Twenty Two

 

Author’s POV

Days had passed.

Wait no, MONTHS had passed.

And everything was just like what you and Sehun wanted; RinHyun ship sailed well. They even crossed the Pacific Ocean.

So let’s just say, they were couples after those 4 months. Sounded amazing?

Yes.

 

“I’m jealous Baek, really.” You pouted. The both of you were walking along the corridors while bringing report cards. “4 months already. So, happy anniversary?” You joked.

“Come on dude, it’s only 4 months. And what, you’re jealous? Hah, too late but I moved on to Haerin already. Why didn’t you fall for me earlier?” He stuck his tongue out, “Your fault.”

You slapped his cheek lightly and rolled your eyes, “Aye, I’m just joking too, okay? Besides, you know who I like.”

“That bastard.” He chuckled but soon winced in pain after you stomped his feet harshly.

“Did I tell you not to call him a bastard?”

Baekhyun gritted his teeth and murmured something under his breath that you couldn’t hear. But you didn’t care anyways, as long as that Byun Baek got his consequence after calling Sehun a bastard, you were happy enough.

Anyways, talking about Sehun, he wasn’t jerky at all, for these 4 months. Sometimes he might tease you but not much like before.

And you were so thankful for that.

“So, I’ve got to go home now. Happy holiday, Baek.” You smiled and held your report card tighter, “Have a nice holiday with Haerin!”

“Thanks, you too, with Sehun.” He said, “I’m pretty sure, he will get out of that book one day.”

 

 

 

Yah, Sehun-ah, look what I got for Math

92 in total, means that my rating is A

Thanks for helping me

 

Oh yes, he helped you alright.

 

Wow, good then.

How about the others? High enough?

 

You checked every subject listed in your report card and soon, found one which is quite low—according to you.

 

Physics’ score is the lowest.

87, got B.

 

Aye, that’s still good, unless you get 70.

 

Yeah but why Physics out of all lessons?

 

Man, how could I know? Blame yourself for doing the final exams carelessly.

 

Why are you putting blame to me, like, all of them?

 

Because it is indeed, your fault.

 

As you wanted to write more, your phone rang. You then left Sehun for a while to get your call.

“Hello?”

“Oh, Karen-ah!” You heard a familiar voice from the line. It was your mom and her tone sounded worried.

“Grandma’s sick. She got Pneumonia. So I guess we should pay her a visit.”

“What? So, she’s in the hospital right now?” You got a little shocked.

During those childhood days, you used to play with your grandma and sometimes would always watch TV together. So let's say, you are both, close. Like, REALLY close until you have to separate from her to continue your high school.

“Actually, no. We called a trained nurse to her house to take care of her. So we’re gonna stay in her house for 2 days.” Your mom said.

“So you’re saying that I need to fly to Washington? Oh God.” You massaged your temples. “Flying is tiring.”

“I know, honey. But we all have to travel, including the three of us since we are living in Seattle. So that’s fair enough, I guess?”

You sighed in defeat and just agreed with your mom. Of course, she felt relieved when you agreed and soon told you about your schedule, which shocked you pretty much; “You’ll take off tonight, at 12.”

“What?” Your mouth gapped. “Mom, are you crazy? I had just received my report today and I need to pack up and leave tonight?” You asked, not believing. However, your mom only sighed, telling you that it was already booked.

Since it had been booked, you had no choice, but to actually leave Korea tonight. You don’t want to cancel the ticket of course; you might lose lots of money.

“So, just bring things that you need, okay? Take your ticket from Aunt Jihoon, I sent it to her.”

“Wait, mom. Is… Jessica gonna be there, too?” Before she could hang up, you interrupted her. “Of course honey. Do you forget that grandma lives in her house with all of her family?”

You let out a big sigh and just simply said okay to your mom—hanging up.

Now there were 2 bad news for you.

One, your grandma’s sick.

Two, your y cousin’s there. You know, she was actually studying away from Washington but of course, if her grandma was in a situation like this, she would come home.

And her home is where, your and her grandma stays in. So automatically,

Please log in to read the full chapter