23

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter  Twenty Three

 

Your POV

“Hi, Auntie.” I smiled, so did Kris, when we both got down and found Lay’s mom. She smiled and patted his son’s shoulder, “Lay’s excited to see you guys, ya know.”

“Really, Yixing?” I chuckled and looked at him.

“Aye, why are you calling me that?” Lay then darted his eyes to mine.

Wait, what?

“Lay, did you just—“

“Stared at you? Oh yes I did.” He chuckled. I gave Kris a confused look as he replied me with a shrug. “Ah, right.” Auntie coughed. “Since you guys haven’t met for long, he actually got some eye donors.”

Ah, that’s why.

“Congratulations, then.” Both of us grinned. Lay chuckled and facepalmed, “I already had these 2 years ago.”

“And you never told us.” I pouted. “You’re annoying, Yixing.”

“Stop calling me that.” He glared at me again. Now, to be honest, I’m not used to be glared by my used-to-be-blind cousin. “So, where’s Aaron?” Lay asked, looking left and right, searching for my brother's figure. “He’s coming at 2.” I replied, “And ooh, are you gonna stay here for 2 days too?”

Lay sighed and shook his head, “No, three. And I shall have to see Jessica’s face.” He whispered to both of us so that his mom won’t hear, also, went to a further place from her.

Suddenly, we heard a squeal.

A familiar squeal.

“Lay oppa!!!”

“Speak of the devil.” I secretly sighed as Lay just stayed there, quiet.

“I heard that oppa got eye donors, am I right?” She batted her eyelashes and suddenly went to lock her arms with Lay’s. “Yeah.” Lay smiled naturally, feeling as if he’s very comfortable around her. Gosh, I wonder how he could act naturally? It was very hard for all of us yet he could fool that girl easily with that bright smile..

“Tell me.” Jessica then looked at him with hopes, “Am I beautiful?”

Kris and I held back our laugh as Lay just blinked, didn’t actually reply Jessica’s question.

“No?” She pouted, “Or am I pretty? Fabulous? Graceful?”

Oh my God. Why’s she like this?

“I wanna puke.” Kris suddenly said and left me, Lay and Jessica.

Jessica frowned and let go of Lay’s arms, “Kris oppa! What do you mean by that?!” She screamed and chased Kris inside the mansion.

I laughed and shook my head, “I pity Kris.”

“Me too.” Lay nodded, “Btw, is Kyungsoo here yet?”

“Nope, not yet.” I said. “He’s gonna come at 4, I guess.”

“Ah I see.” Lay then grabbed his suitcase, “So, let’s go in?”

“Alright.” I laughed and we got into the mansion.

.

.

.

“Man, can I just sleep with you?” Lay whined softly after the butler showed him his room, which is next to Jessica’s. I laughed towards his cuteness and nodded, “Sure, you’re one of my favorite cousins though.”

“Sorry, but I’ll sleep with her.” Lay bowed to the butler instead and the both of us left the 4th floor. My room was on the 2nd floor and of course, we just took the elevator to go down. Lay dragged his suitcase into my room as his mouth gapped wide. “Big? Yeah, I know.” I closed the door of the room and locked it for a moment, “Incase if Jessica comes in.” I joked.

Lay shook his head in amusement and started unpacking his stuffs.

 

 

It was already 6 and the whole family members were actually already inside the living room. Grandma had just woken up and eaten. So we were actually allowed to come into her room for now.

Firstly, of course, all of our parents came in first. We, the teenagers waited outside, sitting on the couches.

Jessica was busy with her nails.

My brother, Aaron, could only play with his phone. Well it was better for him though rather than getting involved with Jessica’s clingy ‘session’.

Kris was actually busy talking to Lay while Kyungsoo and I were playing both of our favorite game—Flappy Bird.

“Oh shoot, I almost hit 100!” He frowned while looking at me, hopelessly.

I gave him a –poor you- look and went to play mine.

With miracles, I got 204 and of course, Kyungsoo got his jaw dropped.

“Omo, noona, how could you—“

“Just tap furiously.” I chuckled and tricked the younger one.

Being a 14-year-old boy he was, he believed in my words and tapped the screen furiously.

Of course, he would lose.

“Noona! How could you tap furiously and got 204 while I only got 1?” He whined and slapped my shoulders lightly.

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders—pretending not to know. Kyungsoo then started to act baby-ish and pretending as if he was tearing up.

“Baby don’t cry~~~” I sang.

“Tonighttttt~” Kyungsoo continued and we both laughed until the door of grandma’s room opened up, revealing our parents with worried face.

“So go in, kids.”

All of us got in and saw our grandma lying on the bed, looking so weak. Kris was the one who ran into her first and held her hands, “Ma, are you alright?”

“Don’t worry, I am.” She sighed but her breathings weren’t that relaxed—compared with how people normally breathe. I actually don’t know what the impact of the disease was but I’m pretty sure, it was quite a serious one.

“Hey, um, Ma.” I walked to her bed and squatted as the same level as hers, “Rest well, okay? I’m sure you can recover soon.” Grandma caressed my hair and smiled as Kris also smiled at me. “Get well soon, neh Ma?” Lay stood in front of her bed and then squatted like me. “I miss your cookies, ma.”

“And also your own-made beanies. I always wear them during winters, you know, Ma?” Aaron grinned and it made grandma to chuckle a little.

Kyungsoo then shyly made his way and giggled softly, “Kyungsoo loves grandma.” He made a heart sign.

Aww.

He’s cute, I know.

“Ma, rest a lot and we hope to see you again after you recover, neh?” Jessica then went to held grandma’s other hand and looked at her.

“Neh, thank you, children.” She smiled and with that, we left grandma’s room because the trained nurse said that she needs more rest.

 

After we were out, Kris then whispered to me, “Look at how Jessica acted just now.” I chuckled and scoffed lightly, “Really fake.”

“Hey, Ren.” Aaron suddenly got into our conversation and asked, “Where do you sleep?”

“On the 2nd floor?” I replied.

“With who?” He asked again.

I then pointed at Lay, who’s busy talking with the owl-ish guy Kyungsoo. Aaron frowned and pouted, “Lucky. I don’t want to stay right beside Jessica’s room.”

“Huh?” Jessica accidentally heard our conversation and stared at us.

“Uhh, nothing Jes. I’m just talking about my friend called Jessica, not you.” Aaron coughed but that didn’t make Jessica to get less curious. She walked to our sides with her hands on her hips—walking like a supermodel.

“Are you sure, Aaron oppa?” She smiled (creepily) and winked.

Oh my God I seriously want to puke.

Really.

“Y-Yeah.” Aaron chuckled awkwardly and shot me a look—asking for help “Really?” She asked once again with a y tone.

“Jes, it’s not only you who have the name ‘Jessica’ alright?” I said and that made her to shut up. Kris gave me a –good job- look as Lay and Kyungsoo were holding their laughs.

I sighed and slapped Aaron’s arms, “Imma sleep now. Let’s go, Lay!”

“Neh!” Lay obediently replied and bid goodbye to Kyungsoo first. Before I left, I whispered to my brother, “You can just join Kris since he’s sleeping alone. Kyungsoo’s gonna join his mom.”

"No thanks, he might snore." Aaron replied as I laughed a little before leaving with Lay.

 

 

That night, Lay and I chatted a lot, mostly about Jessica actually. “Aren’t you burdened?” I asked. Just like what I expected, Lay gave me a nod. “Instead of burdening, she was actually annoying.” Lay sighed and lay on the bed. “Last time she wasn’t like this. What turned her this way?” I shrugged my shoulders and joined him laying on the bed, “How could I know? Probably her friends changed her?”

“Does this mean she was studying in a school full of—“

“es? Yes.” I chuckled bitterly and hugged my bolster, turning my face to see Lay. “I can’t help it Lay, seriously

Please log in to read the full chapter