03

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter  Three

 

Author’s POV

“Dude, it’s freaking weird.” You complained while Baekhyun could only ‘hmm’-ed as he kept on staring at your journal. You showed him the entries too. It was so obvious that it wasn’t you who wrote it.

“Had you ever had a journal like this before? I mean like, this 'old-ish' style of book?” Baekhyun asked as you shook your head. True. It was your first time to encounter something weird like this. You were about to explain more about this weird journal but then, the Business teacher came.

“Later.” You mouthed to Baekhyun, who was actually your seatmate. He only nodded as the 2 of you started to focus on what the teacher’s teaching.

 

As usual, the 2 of you would hang out together at the canteen during break time—mostly, sitting at the corner.

“So… Had you erased the entry or something?” Baekhyun asked as you shook your head. Baekhyun messaged his temples, starting to get confused on what is actually going on. Or more likely, what actually was this journal's problem.

“Do you have any stalker?” Baekhyun asked as you rolled your eyes. “I’m not that famous. Please.”

“Right…” He thought while munching his big burger set. You, on the other side sighed too while eating your French fries. Thinking about this weird journal was a little too stressful for you. It was expensive and there would be no way for you to throw it away just because it was weird. And you weren’t allowed to exchange your book back to the bookstore either since you had opened up the plastic wrapper, also, wrote some writings on it.

“Nevermind Baek. I’ll find its problem by myself. End of discussion.” You said. “So… What’s the next lesson?”

You started talking about some random stuff to Baekhyun and tried to forget about the journal for a while since you decided to take care of it yourself later on.

 

>>>

 

As soon as the bell rung, students were all rushing out from the class. Boys were probably going to the arcades while girls would just hang out at the mall, shopping.

You told Baekhyun that you would go home first, like how you usually do—due to the part-time job.

“I’ll see ya tomorrow?” You said as Baekhyun replied, “Alright. Be safe!”

You smiled towards him before leaving the school and went home.

Just like what you did yesterday, you showered up and made your way to the café. Yes, you didn’t need to have lunch since you already had it at school anyways.

 

“Haerin-ah!” You greeted her once you entered the café. The girl was already serving some customers. “Hey!” She ran to you after serving the table. The café wasn’t really crowded but it will, soon. In just probably a few minutes. It would start to get crowded around 3:30. Or you can say, when the café would sooner or later, explode due to the crowds.

“Change your uniform first, Karen!” Haerin patted your shoulders as you went to change your uniform.

Finished, you continued serving the customers like yesterday. It was crowded as usual, but you didn’t have hard time on serving them since you were working all together with 2 other guys, who had the same shift with you and Haerin.

“Order for table number 21!” Haerin shouted as you went to grab the drinks and served that table.

It went on and on till 6 P.M, as usual, the time where you’re going to end your shift. Heck, it was more tiring today then yesterday since it was much more crowded. Most of the customers were workers.

“Gosh.” You sighed while holding your uniform, putting it back to your locker. “That’s tiring.”

“Yeah, I know.” Haerin huffed too, as she locked her locker with the digit number. “I hope tomorrow won’t be as crowded as this.” You rolled your eyes towards her statement, “Of course it would be, Rin. It had always been like this. Just that today’s a little more crowded.” Haerin looked at you innocently, but nodded later on. Well, you’re indeed right. It had always been crowded ever since you applied the job here.

“I shall get going now. See ya tomorrow.” You said shortly to all of your co-workers and left the café, going back to your house.

 

Based on your daily schedule, you would cook and eat dinner first and take a bath later on. And yes, you always stick to that.

Today, after finding out your weird journal, you decided to do something about it. After you shower, you took out your journal that you brought to school this morning and placed it on the desk.

You didn’t bother to erase the first and second entry. You just flipped onto the 3rd page and started to write a simple word to test your pen.

 

Hello.

 

“Oh, the ink’s still working.” Your eyes were scanning from top to the low side of your pen and clicking it for a few times.

You took your correction fluid, was about to use it but then, the word ‘Hello’ that you wrote before was gone.

It was now replaced with:

 

WHAT

Please log in to read the full chapter