08

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter  Eight

 

Author’s POV

Waking up early in the morning, you actually didn’t really care about Sehun for a while. Since you still have school, you prepared for everything first. Finished, you then scooted to your journal—which was placed on the table, hoping that Sehun might at least text you.

And what do you know, he did.

Surely, it made you grinn happily—without you yourself knowing why either.

 

Morning Karen! (Yeah, no more psychopath)

 

Looking towards the message, you really had a positive feeling that he might at least try not to act like a jerk anymore.

Even though he still teased you.

 

Planning to change, Sehun?

 

Well you forced me to, so… okay?

 

“What?” You automatically rolled your eyes when you knew Sehun wasn’t going to change whole-heartedly.

 

It’s just the same that you’re changing half-heartedly and that’s because of me.

What’s the point?

 

Ah don’t worry about that, okay? As long as I change, you’ll not ignore me, right?

You surely know how a lonely person feels like, don’t u?

 

Whatever.

Now I’m going to school so TTYL.

 

After writing your last message, you didn’t bother replying Sehun first and closed the cover of your journal—making your way to school.

 

 

As usual, Baekhyun would just wait in front of the gates to pick you up. And yes, he did. He was grinning while waving casually.

“Morning!” He greeted while you just gave him a simple smile. “So I guess today would be a fun day coz’ there aren’t any annoying subjects.” Baekhyun said.

Yep, he’s definitely right.

You were also happy coz’ today’s Friday and most of your subjects were all relaxing:

Visual Art, PE, ICT and Religion.

For VA, you’ve got no problem for that.

PE? Oh gosh, who would hate PE? Especially for you, an awesome soccer player?

Not to mention, you’re fast in typing and also, good in technologies, so you won’t have troubles for ICT.

Lastly, Religion was the best. Why?

Because you would only take notes that will be used for the ‘open-book’ test and every time, after you finished jotting, you’re free.

What a perfect day.

“Well yes, I’m excited for PE though.” You walked with Baekhyun—making your way to the class for the first subject, visual art. For this subject, the teacher only gave you a simple task; Draw a perspective. Okay, it might be simple for you since you’re good at Art, but maybe not for Baekhyun or other beginners.

“Shoot, why perspectives out of all topics?” He whined while tapping his pencil onto the table, frustrated.

You shook your head and grabbed your ruler & pencil, starting to sketch some buildings in a perspective way.

Finished with the sketch, Baekhyun looked at you in awe. Just in freaking 20 minutes and the structures were already done.

All you need to do now is to shade.

“Why are you such a genius?” He dragged his chair closer to you and eyed your drawing from the top to the bottom. You gave him a weird look but started shading your drawing anyways.

“I don't know, ask God who had given me this talent then.”

Baekhyun pouted.

“Wut?” You gave him a look.

He shook his head and frowned, staring at his white, blank paper.

Feeling a little bad, you moved nearer to him this time and sketched some simple perspective houses.

Even though you didn't want to.

But since you're his 'friend', you might at least help him a little.

“Now that would do. Try to expand those by yourself, can you?” You asked as he nodded, truly feeling happy that you helped.

Moving onto the next period, PE or Physical Education.

And lucky you, the teacher today gave you free time and you decided to play soccer with some of your other classmates.

Baekhyun didn’t join because he isn’t really good in soccer so instead, he went to the basketball court and joined some other guys.

 

 

 

Your POV

Today’s lessons were all good. For ICT, we only reviewed HTML, which I found it very easy. Last but not least, Religion—the most relaxing lesson ever.

Everything was okay for today until I went to the café for my part time job.

There, something isn’t okay.

Or I could say, weird.

 

“What are you doing here, Baek?” I raised a brow when I saw my frienemy standing near to the bar stand.

“Me?” He pointed to him.

“NO. I’m talking to the lamp. Well duh, of course I’m talking to you.” I rolled my eyes, making Baekhyun to cringe anyway.

“Well, I applied here.”

 

WHAT?

 

“You… What?”

“I said I’m going to work here starting from today, same shift and schedule as you.” He smiled while I sighed deeply, placing a palm on my forehead.

Oh God, why does this happen?

“Karen, you should be happy that I’m going to have some part time job here so we can always walk together after sch

Please log in to read the full chapter