01

A Jerk in my Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Please refresh it once in a while if you guys happen to find an unfinished sentence, coz' I'm also editing it at the same time XD 

Sorry and happy reading! ^^


    Chapter  One

 

Your POV

OH COME ON.

I gritted my teeth while looking at the clock, impatiently. Why can’t it just speed up all the way till 12? Coz’ I really wanna sleep now but it would be rude if I do not say ‘happy new year’ to my family who were all living far away from me—in America.

It's now not a surprise when you guys know that I'm Karen Park. Yep, just a common half Korean and half America here.

Anyways, like I said, the clock was slow.

Even a minute felt like an hour! Probably I could still go out and save the world while waiting.

.

.

.

5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

“Yes.” I grinned. Well finally, a new year of 2014.

I soon dialed the number of my house in USA to be exact, and soon, I heard my mom picking it up.

“Happy new year mom!” I cheered, pretending as if  I was really excited while I was feeling exactly the opposite. “Oh happy new year to you too dear! Wait, I’m going to make it into loud speaker so everyone can hear you.”She said.

I was about to complain but I heard my mom pressing the button already.

And bam! Loudspeaker activated.

“KAREEENNNNNN I MISSSSS YOUUUUU” I heard my brother, Aaron, shouting from the background. I could tell he must've been jumping up and down in excitement to hear the voice he had missed a lot. 

“Yeah yeah I miss you too Aaron.” I greeted back with a lame and tired voice of mine. I was too sleepy to be all cheerful. “That’s it? That’s what you would only say to your brother?” I heard Aaron asking in a pouting manner as I sighed deeply.

I still don’t get why this guy was more childish than me, like seriously, he was actually 2 years older than me. (P.S. I don’t like calling him ‘bro’ or ‘oppa’ since I’m not used to it)

“Nevermind about your brother. Happy new year, my daughter.” I heard my father said with such a warm tone. I smiled upon his greeting. Dad was the only one who understood me for being not energetic since he was the quiet type of person too. I chuckled a little, “Thanks dad. And oh, can I sleep now coz’ to be honest, I’m actually super sleepy.”

Well, I’m glad that my family understood me. They bade goodbye to me for the last time before I hung up the call. At least I’ve got to sleep now since tomorrow, I’m planning to go to my favorite bookstore early in the morning.

 

 

 

 

It was Sunday and yes, I thought that the bookstore that I often visit might get crowded so I decided to come earlier.

But I guessed there was no use.

It was crowded in the morning either. I could hardly enter since there were lots of crowds gathering there, some were pushing and squishing on each other. Well no wonder actually, since it was one of the most famous bookstore in Seoul.

And besides, after I saw this kind of situation, there would be no way for me to enter that squishing and pushing event.

I then walked to the nearest shop to buy Seoul’s map. Well yeah, I had only lived here for a year so I couldn't fully remember all places here.

Oh?

My eyes lit up when I discovered another bookstore, not really far from this one. Actually, I had never been in any bookstores before except for this one because it was rarely crowded so I would usually spend my time peacefully there. 

But since it was so crowded today because of the new year, maybe I would prefer another bookstore.

It only took me around 8 minutes to walk to the nearby bookstore. I wasn’t really crowded, yet, not really quiet either. The atmosphere was just perfect in my opinion, I think I could pick out my book at ease now. 

So yeah, since it’s a new year, I decided to buy another journal. Truthfully, I had so many journals at home. They were about 14 books or something, where I wrote all my daily activities.

Yes, I'm diligent, people.

Anyways, there were lots of choices—making it hard for me to choose the best journal. They were decorated in different kinds of colours, patterns and others.

However, I found an attractive one.

And it was the only one left, at the corner.

It was cool, if judging by its cover. However, the background wasn’t bad either. It may look old, but that’s the reason why I found it unique.

Since I had never had this kind of journal, I decided to buy it.

On my way home, I kept on staring at the journal that I bought. Dunno why, but I found it cool.

I can’t wait to write it as soon as I arrive home.

.

.

Back to my house, I scooted directly to my room and took my favorite pen. I sat down on my studying desk and started to wonder what to write. Well since it’s still early in the morning, there weren’t many things that I had done; except for going to the boo

Please log in to read the full chapter