Difficult Wake-up

Girl

Image and video hosting by TinyPic" width="155" />

They finally headed to Yujin room. Changmin warned him that Yujin needed to sleep for days before he could let her wake up, she was breathing in a mask and had a lot of perfusions, on her arms. Her skin was still covered with bruises and band aid. Jimin was not fully prepared to this, and sat still on his chair without daring touching her. It seemed like she could vanish away if he touched her, since she seemed this weak.

"You can hold her hand, she will feel better."

Jimin turned away to Changmin because this doctor literally read in his mind. Jimin took Yujin hand and interlaced it with his hands. Her hand was very cold and she seemed very delicate like this. Jimin was overwhelmed with emotion and was scrutinizing every bruise, scar and wound covering her body. He instantly noticed a band aid on her neck and brushed it with his fingers.

"What’s that for ?" He asked to Changmin.

"Ohh I don’t really know. Anyways I’ll change it, it seems bloody."

Changmin came back with material to change the band aid. The area got all purple and there was even some dried blood on. Changmin gently removed the blood and suddenly gets what was that.

"These are tooth marks, he probably bite her."  He said  trying to not get affected. However, turning himself to Jimin, he saw that the poor boy was now frozen, trying to erase any useless anger out of his body. His Yujin didn’t deserve all of this, nobody deserves to. As Changmin hided back the wound, Jimin felt better. However he just buried his head in the blanket next to her, still calming himself. He eventually started to sob. All the frustration, the pain, love, hate and despair reappeared and he fell asleep still sobbing.

When he woke up, the sky was getting colorful with the sunset…. He opened his eyes and stared at the window. From now he had to believe that the worst part is already gone, is just past now. He must move on, so when Yujin wakes up he’ll be able to support her. Like this day is ending, tomorrow will and must remains hopeful and happier than yesterday. At least he has to believe it for her. For her sake, he‘d do anything. He wiped away the last tears that were making his vision blurry and sat back on his chair. Yujin was still sleeping, she seemed almost peaceful. He brushes away some hair on her face and kissed in a very gentle way her hand before holding it tightly.

 

*

 

 

"Kidnap and stabbing someone , and do you want to talk about the ual assault ? May we add the things you did to her in her childhood ?"

Minjung threw nonchalantly the file on the table before sitting in front to Song Gyu.She was satisfied to have finally catch this man, even if he was still allowed to live in his house for the moment. His lawyer was already here and no one of them was talking. Song Gyu looked exhausted, he knew that he screwed up all his life that even if he would corrupt some people he’s going to lose it all. And this makes him go crazy. If only he chose a better emplacement, if he was more careful. But he let his madness take over him. He hid his face under his hand, trying to calm his frustrations.

He still could go back home and his lawyer started to explain to him what he could get from the court for this. 15 years and a great fine. This would be the end of his career and of his life. He was actually 29 and this could easily mess up with his life, plus the humiliation the bad glares, the fall of the familial enterprise.

So after a last drink of cognac, he did what nobody believe he would have done. To be free.

Minjung got the call right away, it was only 4:45pm but well this was a emergency time.

“Kim Song Gyu committed suicide. He’s dead” Her interlocuter said to her.

“What do you mean by dead , did you try to reani-”

“Two shot in the head gave a clear message.”

Min Jung massaged her head. She worked so hard on this file and now the culprit is dead. Dude, did you talk about energy wasted ? But well, he probably get scared by all the charges against him so here the result. She woke up trying to calm herself. At least now that he became an ugly corpse he won’t hurt Yujin anymore but she needed to see the corpse before assuming that, to be totally sure.

After seeing the appartment of Song Gyu  and his dead body, she headed to the hospital to share the news and see Yujin. She was the victim of the case and she didn’t even have the time to visit yet. She tried to erase of her head the room where Song Gyu was. The walls were covered of photos of Yujin, it was the first time she stepped in a such creepy room. Just his apartment was frightening; she didn’t know how Yujin dealt with the man who lived there.

Changmin saw Min Jung arrive and suddenly thought of the worst:

"Why are you here so early ? Did something happen ?" His heart started to beat faster. But Minjung  just scoffed and hitted his shoulder :

"He shot himself twice in the mouth. Song Gyu."

Changmin widened his eyes and put a hand on his forehead. : "I’m glad that this nightmare is finally over." He said wisely.

Jimin who was on his way to Yujin room heard those two talking and stopped himself in front of them.

"Death is a light punition compared to what he’d done to Yujin." He finally spilled, trying to suppress this anger.

"At least  Yujin  can start all over again.And this is such a great news. Come here Jimin." Min Jung replied to him, understanding his way to think.

Min Jung hugged him and he didn’t try to pull her away. He enjoyed her maternal side and let himself get almost peaceful against her. Jin Hee arrived and parted themselves.

"It’s me that need to give him a hug !" She said to Min Jung before hugging her son in her arms. She holds him tightly, feeling guilty to have speak to way to Yujin the first she saw the girl but also relieved that now he would have her close to him. She sensed that he needed her to be fully himself and to do his best.

"Mom … I can’t breathe" Jimin managed to say.

"Oh Sorry my baby !" Jin Hee said before ruffling his bang.

"Mom you’re SO embarassing I’m almost 23 !!" Jimin said blushing hard.

"Everyone needs his mom in moments like this." She said softly.

Jimin sighed with a little smile and hugged her back, trying to give him some strength.

"Let’s go see our Sleeping Beauty." She said dragging her son in the room. Yujin was still sleeping quietly. Jimin took her hand and gently caressed her hair.

"Mom why do you call her this way ?" he asked, noticing how his mother always called her Sleeping Beauty since she arrived there instead of Yujin.

"Yesterday I was expecting to see a disfigured woman but she just looks like a angel. Even there with those aid pads, those bloody scars, her hospital blouse, her pale face, she still managed to look this pure and dazzling. I thought that she was  challenging Sleeping Beauty." Jin Hee said, making Jimin grin. She got used to hurt people, the one who got beaten up but Yujin looked like a martyr , the  one that get the heaven after knowing only hell.

1 week later.

Yujin was still sleeping deeply but Changmin said that she could wake up at any time now. Jimin tried to make her room more colorful, as she was going to stay here for quite long. He brought a big bouquet of pink flowers, plus some of her belongings. Her MP3 full of ballads, books she might like, her phone. Kyung Joon helped him to get dear things in her room. A painting of the beach in the early morning was now decorating the room. Even some scented candles were lighten up at night. Now Yujin just need to open her eyes.

Changmin told him about Yujin difficult wake up , and the effects of drugs plus the anesthesia on her behavior. Jimin was worried but decided to face it with courage. He tried to soften her all this week, talking to her with a soft tone almost whispering, holding her hands very carefully. This day, he was getting sleepy when he felt that her fingers were moving. He quickly stands up and looks amazed Yujin open her scared eyes. He quickly pressed the button for doctors and nurses to come. Changmin arrived almost missing breathing. Yujin was still watching around her. With some hidden strength she get rid of her oxygen mask.

"You’re safe now, nothing will happens to you, we’re there to help you, you remember of doctor right ?" Changmin said slowly to her.

"What am I doing here ?" she asked harshly. This hatred tone surprised Jimin, it was a totally different Yujin that wakes up here.

"You got stabbed and we saved you." Changmin explained simply to her.

Yujin suddenly yelled in disbelief : “ But why did you do this ?”  before sobbing madly “ My nightmare was supposed to end, I was supposed to die anyways. It would have been better for all of us.”

"What are you saying Yujin ?! We get wor-" Chanmin tried to help her understand.

"Worried ? Are you the one who get awake in the middle of the night by nightmare ? The one who must learn back everything from social life to eat food again ? Do you have to bear with psychoanalyst that don’t give a about you ? Did you have to deal with horrible memories coming back nights after nights ? Do you take your bath and end up looking at your traumatized skin. Because I do. I did all of this all my life and with all my will, i don't want to do it again. But you bring me back there." At this precise moment she takes off all the perfusions off her arms in front of powerless Changmin and Jimin.

Suddenly she stands up, seeming perfectly fine as if she never slept for days , neither got stabbed. Drugs sure had a great effects on her body. She looked at the flowers next to her. "You see, it would have been better if they were on my grave." She throw them away with violence, breaking the vase of glass in pieces.

"Just let me die already at least I won’t feel anything." She said taking a piece of glass in her hand.

"Life has happy moments to give you, Don’t do that." Jimin said hurt by those words.

Yujin took a long time looking at him, noticing the man for the first time before turning herself to Changmin. "And what is he doing here ? Did you betray me ? I can’t believe that you …"

Jimin hugged her from behind and stole the piece of glass in her hand. "I’m here for you, to help you.I swear you're completely safe here."  Yujin gave him a traumatized look and cried like a lost children. Changmin came back with a sedative but Yujin looked at him scared.

"I don’t want any injections, I don’t want to feel that way again." She shook her head madly and escaped from Jimin embrace to hide herself in the corner of the room.

"I don’t know what to do anymore." Changmin said, giving up giving her the injection and sighed loudly.

Jimin just get closer to her. She was crying loudly and get scared by all the people what were looking at her.People get alerted by the noise in the room and they were now watching the all scene from the door.

"Hey, Yujin, you just want to hide yourself right ?"

She nodded, and Jimin gave her an encouraging smile.He gave her a hand that she looked for a long moment. His hand was shaking from all the emotion and the fear to lose her again. She touched his hand with her fingers and frowned realizing how painful it was to move her fingers. How her wound on her waist was aching, but also her arms as she just ripped off the perfussions. Suddenly her body remembered of all the pain and grabbed Jimin hand tightly. Jimin took her in his embrace and bring her back to her bed.He kissed her eyes and brought her closer to him, feeling her sobs getting quieter with time. Soon she was totally asleep, still hiding her head against Jimin chest.

 


 Last sad chapter,I promise ~~

Let me know how you feel about the whole thing =)