Chasing Butterflies

Love Is Never What You Expect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyuns P.O.V

Baekhyun felt to be honest a little heart broken, he admit. He had loved Himchan, and he had believed that he was loving him back for real. But it all was fake. Himchan seemed mostly relieved when Baekhyun confronted him, and Himchan even made a fool of Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun felt like locking himself in to his room after Himchan kissing his girlfriend and laughed at Baekhyun who just left. But it still hurt, more than you could imagine. It hurts to know that the one you loved faked everything, kissed someone else in front of you and made you feel like .

 

It was kind of then Baekhyun felt guilty. It kind hit him, has Chanyeol seen Baekhyun kiss Himchan? Even thought if the giant hasn't any feelings for Baekhyun, it still does feel bad. Bad to know that you're just like Himchan, a terrible piece of . But Chanyeol was the piece of first, he played with Baekhyuns heart and made him feel like he was bleeding on the inside.

 

Baekhyun decided to never let himself get fooled again, from now and on, he won't date anyone until he's totally healed from his heart breaks. But it doesn't hurt to smile, even thought you feel down and a little depressed, you should still smile. Because if you smile, it shows the world that you still are strong, strong enough to keep going.

 

 

***

 

 

“Baek, are you sure you will be okay?”
“He was another jerk, I just feel a little weird you know.”

 

 

Baekhyun smiled kind at his friends who stared almost worried at him, wondering if he would close himself in again and never show his feelings to anyone again. But Baekhyun just planed to take it easy.

 

 

“So, how was your winter break?”

 

 

Baekhyun tried to change the topic, smiling kind at his friends who smiled back. Their a little worried and nervous faces turned in to smiles and excited looks. They all begun to tell Baekhyun what they had done.

 

Sehun and Luhan went on a ski trip together with Suho and Lay. And Kris and Tao visited Taos parents and grandma. Xiumin and Chen had been home, mostly solving their couple problems and just took it easy. Kai and D.O had begun to date again, and Kai had to meet D.Os parents who seemed to like him, but Kai said he felt like he would die, according to D.O that is.

 

 

“Sounds like you all had a nice winter break. But tell me... Is it just me who is worried for the exams?”
“Hell no, I'm terrified!”

 

 

Tao shouted funny as everyone laughed a little but then they all went a little more serious. The exams means a lot, and it's like the most important thing in their lives. Okay maybe not, but it's very important for everyone to be able to get in to a good college or university.

 

 

“Gosh, I don't even know how to study this hard.”
“It's hard indeed, but I guess we just have to decide special days we can hangout and special days we can't.”
“I will have to cancel many of my trainings to study extra now.”
“Me too, but not all of them of course.”
“Don't worry guys, we can help each others out, okay? Don't worry, we will fix this.”
“But what if we fail?”
“Then we just have to stay together, maybe we can create a band and become famous ourselves?”
“Gosh, don't be silly. We all will make it, right?”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded and smiled big, he knows that they all will make it. But to be honest, he's just scared that he won't make it. He better study some extra now, yeah, that is what he should concentrate at for a while.

 

 

Chanyeols P.O.V

Chanyeol sighed tired, he hate to study, he just hate it. But to be honest, he has to study hard now. If he doesn't, he will end up working for his mother or father for the rest of his life, and to be honest, he doesn't want to do that. He want to get out from this town, he want to see the world, try new food, find new friends, maybe even be famous, let people hear his deep voice, or play with his guitar for a crowd. He want so much, but he want one more thing more than everything else... He wants Baekhyun back.

 

Chanyeol closed his book as he got up and walked over to his guitar, picking it up and begun to play a little careful on it, wondering what Baekhyun were doing. Probably studying, like he should be doing. But he's too tired right now, he need a short break to be honest.

 

Chanyeol played on his guitar, the tones streamed out from the guitar as he smiled for himself. He suddenly heard his phone ring as he stopped play and picked his phone up from the night stand. He took a quick look at the iphone screen, seeing the caller ID.

 

 

“Ayo, what's up Krease?”
“Krease? Seriously? Yah, greet your hyung with more respect.”
“Sorry, but seriously, what's up?”
“Studying, dying, thinking, you know, the normal. And you?”
“I just took a short break and played on my guitar for some seconds. Then you called.”
“Hey, do you feel for to go and grab a cup coffee?”
“I don't know, do I? Do we have time for that? I mean, it's like at least 30 minutes away from our books and-”
“Quit joking and come and meet me up at the cafe within 10 min, okay?”
“Okay, got it. See you there.”

 

 

Chanyeol hangup and got up changing his clothes, fixed his hair quick before he grabbed his phone and keys. He hurried out to the hallway, getting his shoes and jacket on, before he hurried out and locked the door. Chanyeol walked pretty slow, since his long legs takes him to the cafe pretty fast to be honest.

 

Chanyeol arrived just in time as Kris stepped out from his car, smiling as he locked it and hurried over. Chanyeol smiled as they went in and ordered their hot drinks, they even chose a little cookie to it and then found themselves a good table to sit down at.

 

Kris didn't say that much to begin with, like Chanyeol. They both found this situation, which they actually never have been in before, awkward. Sitting on a cafe to just grab a cup of coffee and just talk has never happened before, not when it comes to both Chanyeol and Kris.

 

 

“So... Are you getting prepared for the exams that is coming up soon?”
“Yeah, like everyone else I guess. But it's soon over, all this I mean.”
“Yeah... It feels weird. So, any plans for what happens after high school?”
“College, a music college.”
“Sounds like a plan to me.”
“And you? Any plans?”
“Either college if I make the exams good enough. Else, I will end up working for mom and dad for the rest of my life.”
“You better study hard then. If you need any help, just ask and I will let you study with Luhan.”
“Luhan? You mean Sehuns girlfriend, no I mean boyfriend. Gosh, sorry that was mean.”
“Don't worry, Sehun says girlfriend all the time, so you're not the only one. But yes, he's very smart and a good tutor to be honest.”
“Sounds like I still have hope left, right?”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled as Kris nodded and took a sip of his coffee like Chanyeol. They went silent for a while before Chanyeol once again tried to start a new conversation with his friend. And this time they managed to talk for a little longer, but not as long as Chanyeol would do with Baekhyun. No, their conversations seemed to never end to be honest.

 

Gosh, Chanyeol misses Baekhyun a lot......

 

 

Baekhyuns P.O.V

Baekhyun felt so... lonely for a period. He guess it was because he was so used to sleep over with Himchan, to hangout with him and to be honest do very much with him. And before Himchan were Chanyeol always by Baekhyuns side, and he... made Baekhyun feel more special than Himchan ever could.

 

Baekhyun don't know if he just think that Chanyeol was better than Himchan because that Himchan faked to love him because he wanted more head roles in his father's movies, or if Chanyeol literally was better. Chanyeol had a better smile, he looked better, he laughed cuter, he had a much better humor, he could talk more random with Baekhyun and he would always find an excuse to be with Baekhyun.

 

Even thought Chanyeol is better than Himchan in so many ways, he did play around with Baekhyuns heart. And Baekhyun still feel this sore feeling inside him. He can't help it, but whenever he think about his time with Chanyeol, he feel hurt. He think it's because he still like Chanyeol, but he's to damn tired to chase after him.

 

 

“Hey Baek, how do you write this in English?”

 

 

Baekhyun woke up from his thoughts, sitting beside Tao who pouted and tried to understand how to spell the English words. Kris usually teach Tao about English, but since he also had a lot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter