Secret Contract

Love Is Never What You Expect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyuns P.O.V

Baekhyun didn't really care about what his friends said about Himchan. He didn't want to see the truth to be honest. He just wanted to live happy, even if he knew somewhere deep inside him that something was going on behind his back. But still, Baekhyun was scared. Scared that he would have another heart break and he wouldn't be able to live on anymore. Because that is what he feels.

 

The Autumn and the winter went by pretty fast. Himchan took Baekhyun out almost every weekend, either to just go for a walk, or go to the cinema or just to grab a coffee. They ate dinner on different of restaurants, bought small gifts to each others and had a lot of movie nights that included sleepover.

 

Baekhyun was happy, happier than he thought he would be. Even thought that his friends kept warn him, even thought that Chanyeol had begun to annoy him by trying to talk to him, just saying hi then and then, but Baekhyun refused to talk to him. Baekhyun was happy, and that was all that really mattered for him, and he didn't want his happiness to be taken away from him.

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun had studied hard for soon five months since school begun after the summer break. It's winter now, and it's already time for the winter break. Himchan sat beside Baekhyun in Himchans couch, in Himchans apartment. They were watching a movie and was just cuddling together.

 

Today was Himchans last day home here in South Korea. He's going to the USA during the winter break with his parents and Baekhyun admit he feel a little sad about it. He wanted Himchan to stay home, maybe celebrate new year with Baekhyun or maybe even Christmas? But Himchan had said it was a tradition, so Baekhyun didn't want to break his family's tradition.

 

The day and evening went by fast, Baekhyun had to go home and he gave Himchan a long and passionate kiss, which Himchan gladly answered. But then again, Baekhyun had to go home and Himchan had to pack the rest of his things before he would sleep for only some few hours. Then in the middle of the night he would go to the airport and take his flight to the USA.

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun sat in his mother's car, they were on their way towards Seoul to celebrate Christmas and New year with Baekhyuns grandparents. Baekhyun had tried to bring up the topic about him and Himchan, just a test to see his mother's reaction to it. Like he thought, she suddenly pretend she had forgotten something and said something ridiculous like; “I forgot the tomatoes home! Oh wait, no, I packed them. It was nothing, haha.” and then she would laugh it off.

 

Baekhyun finally knows why she's acting like this, she doesn't like Himchan. Why she doesn't, Baekhyun don't know, and he wants to know so badly to be honest. And now when Baekhyuns father isn't around, he might be able to make his mother pull over the car to just talk with her.

 

 

“Mom, can't we take a break and buy coffee or something? Maybe tea?”
“Oh no, we don't have time for that. You see we have to start prepare for the guests for tomorrow and-”
“I want to talk, I mean really talk with you. Please, now when dad's not in the way.”

 

 

Baekhyuns mother looked suddenly serious as she actually pulled over the car in to the nearest parking lot as she turned to Baekhyun. She turned of the car and finally seemed to actually want to listen to Baekhyun.

 

 

“I... I know you don't like Himchan mom. But I want to know why?”
“Why? Isn't that obvious? I know he's using you for his own best.”
“But how do you know that? I mean, everyone claims that he's a bad person but he's not. I'm around him all the time and-”
“Baekhyun, do you know what kind of business your father is making with Himchans father?”

 

 

Baekhyun watched his mother look serious at him. Baekhyun suddenly felt how a lump appeared in his stomach, making him feel sick. He suddenly felt that he didn't want to know anything about his father's business, nor anything about Himchans business. But he still felt how he slowly shook his head.

 

 

“Like I thought, he hasn't talked to you about it at all. Your father I mean.”
“What kind of business are you talking about?”
“Baekhyun... Your father is afraid.”
“Afraid? For what?”
“For you to never be able to find love. To find someone who actually loves you.”
“But Himchan loves me, he's-”
“Acting. He's acting Baekhyun.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how something changed inside him. Himchan is... just acting? W-Why would he do that? What is going on here?

 

 

“What...?”
“I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't say this but, your father is making a contract with Himchans father. Himchan is actually just a great actor who isn't known around the world yet. He's kind of hired to love you. Literally. Your father made a contract with Himchans father that if you two getting married and Himchan promised to always act to love you and never hurt you, in exchanged Himchan would get more leading roles in some of your fathers upcoming movies. Himchan is just after the leading roles, he's an actor, not a college guy like you think. He's not-”
“No! No it's not true! Y-You're lying to me! Dad would never...! Dad would never do such a thing towards me!”
“But he did. The contract is going to get signed as fast Himchans parents comes back from the USA.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how he begun to cry, he don't know why, but he felt so much more hurt this time than any other time he has felt this kind of pain. Baekhyun was fast to get out from the car, he just needed fresh air as he closed the door behind him and sat down on the ground, crying.

 

Is that why his mother has been crying some nights? Is that why his parents are arguing so much? Is he the source to the pain for his parents and himself? How could he let himself be so fooled? Himchan was just... acting all this time?

 

Baekhyun heard the door on the other side of the car went open as his mother walked over to his side of the car. She carefully sat down beside Baekhyun as she embraced him, letting Baekhyun lend against her while he felt the tears stream silent down for his cheeks.

 

 

“I'm sorry, I didn't want to tell you, I really didn't want too. But I can't just lend back and watch you get more hurt already. Himchan isn't like you think, he was a spoiled kid who actually has a girlfriend he had to breakup with to fake love you.”
“Wait... Is she blonde?”
“Yeah, why you're wondering?”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how he cried more, Himchan once said he was going to meet up with his cousin and Baekhyun happen to see them. A blonde girl with fancy clothes, looking to not come from South Korea. And he knows why she didn't look to be Korean, she wasn't. She wasn't even his cousin.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter