Back To School

Love Is Never What You Expect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyuns P.O.V

“A whole summer break wasted, totally wasted. I mean, we never got the chance to go to my summer cabin. I really wanted you to come along, you would had loved it there.”
“I appreciate your kindness Suho, but I told you, I wasn't in our town for the whole summer break anyway.”
“I know, I went to your house like ten times, and no one was home.”
“I told you, I was in Seoul and Busan the whole summer.”
“I know, but still.”

 

 

Suho looked almost worried at Baekhyun who was pretty quiet, not weird, he hasn't really gotten over that with Chanyeol and his stupid ing bet with Kai and his stupid friends. And the worse part is that they go to the same ing class and school, and the summer break ended yesterday. Which means they're going to their school today.

 

Suho sighed out as they both suddenly heard shouts behind them, yes they were walking towards school. Baekhyun stopped and turned around when he heard his name from familiar voices. As fast he turned around he almost got tackled down by D.O who squeezed him.

 

 

“Baekhyun! Hi! Long time no seen like they say! God what I have missed you!”
“D-D.O! You're squeezing me to pieces!”
“Hi hyung!”

 

 

Sehun hugged Baekhyun as hard as the others joined, making Suho stand beside and laugh at them. They all let go after getting their hug from Baekhyun who was laughing, trying to not look to down, even thought he's pretty worried on the inside.

 

 

“Wow, that was a nice welcoming.”
“Well duh! You said once to us that you usually moved almost every summer, and we don't want you to move away from us!”
“Yeah! Promise to not move, please!”
“Don't worry, mom and dad like this place, it's calm and not that many who's chasing them. We're going nowhere right now.”
“Good to hear! Because we will keep you here until you're done with high school and College.”
“Haha, good to hear.”
“But hey, are you... Okay after all that happened between you and-”
“Don't mention his name Luhan, it's better to just don't talk about it.”

 

 

Xiumin was fast to not let anyone mention Chanyeols name. Baekhyun just smiled as they begun to walk towards school again, but Baekhyun just felt this lump in his stomach. He swear, if Chanyeol going to bully him or try to push him up against a wall, Baekhyun will kick him between the legs for real.

 

They all entered the school as Baekhyun noticed how his friends almost walked around him, like they was going to be his body guards or something. Baekhyun somewhat felt touched by their act, but also a little annoyed since he doesn't want them to think he's totally broken and can't fix himself up.

 

They all walked to their classroom as they sat down, no Chanyeol nor his friends in sight, good. Baekhyun decided to not look for them, and to ignore them totally. He should concentrate at his friends, try to not think about the Chanyeol who deserves a kick between the legs. Yes, Baekhyun so regret not doing that.

 

 

“So, why was you in Seoul and Busan the rest of the summer?”
“Well, dad and mom got a really good offer about a movie, and they didn't want to leave me alone. So I said we could go all three of us, and I would meet up with some cousins and aunties and uncles. And I did. I also visit my grandma and grandpa since I haven't seen them for a really long time either.”
“Aha, and did you have fun?”
“Yeah, I actually got a funny offer from the movie maker, he asked if I wanted to be in the movie too, but I said no thanks since I wasn't in the right shape to be the happy little boy.”
“We can understand that, but that would be cool if you had been in the movie.”
“Don't worry, it's not the first time people have asked me.”
“But why have you said no all those times then?”
“Because I don't want to be some famous kid. I want to be normal, to just have friends and a normal family. Though, with my parents who are crazy and pretty weird, I will never have that life. But I got you guys, which is an relief.”

 

 

The others smiled as the teacher just entered the room, and right behind him was the bad boys. Baekhyun swear, he almost stared at them with a death glance, but was fast to concentrate on the teacher.

 

 

“Welcome back class! Have the summer been good? I hope so, because this is your last year! Seniors already? Wow, I hope you know what that mean! Study hard!”
“Like we haven't done that already!”
“Young man, you need to do it even more this year!”

 

 

The teacher looked serious as everyone sighed, it's hard to study even harder when you already have studied your off. Baekhyun felt tired already when he thought about studying every day from now and on, and that kills him to be honest. Urgh, studying is like working, but almost worse sometimes.

 

 

***

 

 

The teacher had talked a little, given them their new schedules and they got new lockers and all. When everything was done, they could go home, but Baekhyun wanted to go to a special place first. He told the others that he was going to just get a book in the library and that he would go home and help his mother for the rest of the day, so they went home by themselves.

 

Baekhyun walked down the corridor, walking towards the back of the school as he walked down for a familiar corridor. When he saw the glass doors he smiled but froze when he saw someone else out there. Baekhyun hide behind a wall as he stared out at the giant who was sitting on the bench, looking pretty down.

 

 

“What's wrong with him? Has someone died or something? I bet he's not allowed to go to any parties and just down for that-”
“No, it's not like that at all.”

 

 

Baekhyun jumped as he turned around fast, not knowing someone else was behind him. He saw Kai stand there, staring at Baekhyun who looked at him pretty mad, ready to slap him if he tried something.

 

 

“W-What are you doing here?”
“I was about to ask the same. I'm here to get Chanyeol, and you?”
“I-I was just walking to the library.”
“It's on the other side of the school.”
“I thought I walked wrong, well see you.”
“Baekhyun-”
“Don't talk to me, I don't wanna hear.”

 

 

Baekhyun just walked away as he heard Kai sigh, probably feeling desperate to talk with him, to make up an excuse and try to make Baekhyun feel better, but it didn't help. Baekhyun just kept walking as he hurried out from school, not wanting to stay here for much longer. But he can't help to wonder, what was wrong with Chanyeol?

 

 

Chanyeols P.O.V

Chanyeol played with one of the white flowers he used to pick for Baekhyun, but now he has nothing to do with them. Baekhyun is mad at him, and he should. But Chanyeol don't care, not at all. He's just pretty annoyed that his mother is still punishing him by letting him work at her shop or at his father's work to not go to any parties nor be with his friends.

 

 

“Yah, are you coming?”
“You know that I have to go to the shop Kai.”
“Yeah, I know, but we can grab a coffee or something on our way there.”
“No thanks, I think I'm just going to walk over and work so she don't get more pissed off than what she already are.”

 

 

Kai sighed as Chanyeol got up and threw the flower over his shoulder, not caring about it anymore. He's good at throw things away, even feelings. He's himself again, or he think so. Kai says he's the old him, but it somehow doesn't feel like that.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter