Seven

Two Different Worlds

“You’re not really sick, are you?”

Onew widened his eyes upon hearing Jonghyun’s question. “What? Why? What made you ask that?”

“Because you’re not acting at all like a sick person."

“Really?” He asked, with a pout, looking at the ground. Suddenly he leaned over Jonghyun, barely leaving any space between their noses. “Will you teach me some things?”

“T-teach you?” He stuttered, blinking, trying his best not to move. “How am I supposed to do that?”

“I don’t know! You’re the one who told me that I’m not doing this right!”

“But I can’t possible teach you how to be sick.”

Onew frowned. “You don’t?”

“Now I’m starting to believe that you’re really sick.”

“Really?” The other asked with a smug look. “After all I’m not that bad.”

Jonghyun exhaled the long breath he was holding when Onew drew back to his sitting place. Still looking a little contemplative, the older of the two stared at Jonghyun and then at their empty bowls of soup. He then got up and grabbed the bowls putting them on the sink, returning to his previous position on the floor, right in front of the song writer.

“So Jonghyun… You’ve brought the soup. We ate the soup.” He moved his arms around as he was talking. “Are you going home now?”

Jonghyun shook his head and smiled. “No, I can’t.”

“What do you mean, you can’t?”

“If I go home now, Key has to return here.”

Not understanding, Onew raised an eyebrow. “I think that’s the objective.”

“Key and Minho need sometime alone. Well, not completely alone but…”

“What are you talking about?”

It was Jonghyun turn to sigh and sit straight. “I know that something is going on between-“

Before he could finish his explanation, a bright light shined on the room, blinding him and making him shield his eyes with his hands. Jonghyun felt Onew’s body moving close to his and soon almost hovering over him making the sudden appearance of light less painful to his eyes.

After a while, it seemed to soothe and Jonghyun tried to open his eyes only to find that he could to it without making them ache. Onew seemed to realize that at the same time because as soon as he opened them, he turned back and stood up, adopting a defensive position.

“Kyungsoo!” He shouted, almost afraid. “What are you doing here?”

What was that? It was the only thought passing through Jonghyun’s head at that moment. He didn’t understand a single word that left Onew’s mouth but Onew seemed to know exactly what the other person was. Should he say person? A normal person didn’t appear out of nowhere! Curious, Jonghyun crawled a little to the side to meet with something he never thought it would be possible.

The other ‘man’ at the room was dressed in all white but had a black aura around him that made Jonghyun shiver with fear. He had red hair and his eyes were big, reminding him of his brother but he seemed to be about his height.

Still a little uneasy, Jonghyun tried to understand what they were saying.

“Where is Kibum?”

“I don’t know.”

Suddenly, he started to laugh but there was no funny feeling attached. “Do you think I’m stupid or what, Jinki? We’ve been observing you. You two live together. Where is Kibum?”

“Well, if you’ve been watching us, you should know.”

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and closed his eyes. When he opened them again, he approached Onew, making Jonghyun recoil. “Maybe I should ask your friend?”

“No. Leave him out of this. He doesn’t know anything.”

“We’ll see.” Kyungsoo smiled, pushing Onew to the side, leaving him in front of Jonghyun who was still kneeling on the floor. “Hi, friend! Do you, by any chance, know where Kibum is?”

“K-Kibum? Who’s Kibum?”

“Are you kidding me?” He asked, furious, slamming his hands on the table next to them. “Jinki!”

“Look, I think you’re mistaken. His name isn’t Jinki. It’s Onew.”

Kyungsoo looked at him and grinned. “Oh, so you changed names. Onew, is that it? So Kibum must have changed his too.” He chuckled. “The one who lives with Onew.”

“Are you talking about Key?”

“I guess.” Kyungsoo shrugged but when he saw Jinki’s expression he knew he found what he wanted. “Do you know where he is?”

Considering the odd situation and how scared Onew looked, Jonghyun decided to lie.

“No, I don’t know. When I came here, Onew was alone.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and sighed taking a step back. He clenched his nose’s bridge and stayed like that for a while. “Fine. Fine, if you want it like that. I’ll find him myself and then you’ll have a lot to explain.”

After saying that, Kyungsoo disappeared, leaving both Onew and Jonghyun speechless. The first one to break the silence was Jonghyun, who sat on the couch repeating what he just saw.

“And now I’m pretty sure that I’m sleeping. I had a clue when Key let me come here and all, but now I’m sure! Because that’s the only reasonable explanation for this. A strange man appeared from nowhere, and started some kind of conversation with you, my muse, who is pretending he’s sick I don’t even know why, and he talked some unknown dialect.” He said, pausing to laugh really loud, banging on the couch. “I’m going insane. Onew why are you looking at me like this? You seem to be scared. But don’t worry! I’ll wake up soon!”

“Jonghyun, I-“

“What? Are you going to ask me to call you Jinki instead?”

“No, but… That’s my real name by the way.”

“What do you mean that’s your real name? Okay brain, time to wake up! This is getting weird.”

“Jonghyun you’re not sleeping.” Onew said thinking if it really wasn’t a good idea let him think that he was sleeping. “I really have to tell you now, right?”

“Tell me what? That you’re actually a superhero who came to save the Earth?” He asked, laughing again. When he just had silence as an answer, he stopped laughing and looked at the other. “You’re not going to tell me this, are you?”

“No… I mean, more or less… Well… Me and Key, we’re… We’re not from Earth you know? You need to promise me that you’ll not freak out or something! And it needs to be a secret!”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes. I, accidentally, opened the Gate, which sent us to the Earth. And now I can’t open it again so we can return, so we’re living here. And this guy who appeared some minutes ago… He’s Kyungsoo and he was speaking our native language. I have no idea how he found us.”

“Hum.” Jonghyun started, around ten minutes later, after a moment of silence. “Do you think I’m a fool?”

“No, but… I know it sounds really weird, but it’s true.” Onew said, not knowing what to do to make him believe.

“The only time I finally find someone who can actually inspire me, it turns out that he’s insane.”

Onew was thinking in a better way to convince him when the bell rang. First he thought that it would be Kyungsoo again, but then he thought that he wouldn’t bother to ring the bell. So, he got up and ran to the door, followed by Jonghyun. However, Key was faster and opened the door before the elders reach it.

“Hello.” Key said, entering the house, and looking at Jonghyun. “Are you still here?”

“Key! I need to tell you something!” Onew said, grabbing the other’s arm.

“Prepare yourself, he’s going to talk about superheroes and about his name and some weird things.” Jonghyun warned, rolling his eyes.

“Can you two, please, let me close the door and go to the living room?”

“Key, Kyungsoo was here. He found us.” Onew said, preparing himself to calm down his friend, who would be nervous with the news.

“Yeah, I know. I found him outside.” Key said, pointing to the door, frowning when he noticed that no one was behind him. “Kyungsoo! Come in!”

In the next minute, Kyungsoo entered the house, totally soaked, and looking everywhere else but the people who were staring at him with wide eyes. When he noted that the ambience wasn’t changing, he looked at Onew.

“What-“ Onew started, not knowing how to end the question.

“It’s raining again outside. I would even say that a storm is coming.” Key explained, as if having this guy at their house was the most normal thing in the world. “Onew, you should have seen it!” He said, laughing. “I was coming home and I found Kyungsoo outside, with his arms stretched toward the sky. First I thought it couldn’t be him, but then I heard him talk our native language and I knew it was him. He can’t open the Gate too.” He laughed again, taking a look at Jonghyun, who was with his mouth open, as if he had seen a ghost. Then he turned back to Onew and asked: “You told him, right?”

Onew nodded and looked at Jonghyun, waiting for him to start laughing again, saying that he was sleeping, but it didn’t happen.

“Oh my God.” Jonghyun said, turning pale. “I need to sit.”

 

Here's a new chapter! 

There is also a new demon in town. Kyungsoo will not cause much harm but he'll give some headaches to the other two.  Mainly Onew, though. 

As always, thank you all for reading, subscribing and commenting <3