Five

Two Different Worlds

Jonghyun was sitting on the couch wiggling his feet out of tension as he waited for the doorbell to ring. He had arrived early at his brother’s house since he wanted to see Onew because, once again, he was taking care of the kids. And Jonghyun had thought it was the perfect opportunity to get to know each other better. He told Minho he couldn’t stay with them due to an appointment but the truth was that there was no appointment; he only wanted Minho to call Onew again so they could meet. And yes, it wasn’t good to lie to his brother but he would never find out. Jonghyun just needed to say that the appointment was cancelled and he didn’t say anything because it was too sudden.

Yes, it was a genius’ idea, Jonghyun compliment himself, grinning.

Minki and Soo Jin, on the other hand, were glaring at him because he couldn’t stand still and was making the whole couch tremble. They even tried to sit on his lap to make him stop move but it was a lost cause. His legs seemed to move on their own making it impossible for him to stop moving them.

When the kids thought they couldn’t take it anymore, the bell rang and Jonghyun almost sprinted to the door, shouting. “I’ll get that!”

He fixed his hair and putted on his best smile, grabbing the door handle and pulling it open. However, as soon as he saw who was on the other side of the door, his smile completely fell into a frown, showing his disappointment.

“Hi, Jonghyun-ssi.” Key greeted, waving, trying his best not to laugh at Jonghyun’s moody expression. “I bet you were not expecting me, right?”

“Where’s my muse?” He grumbled, stepping aside for Key to enter, not really feeling like joking. “Why are you here?”

“Ah, Onew’s sick because of the weather so he couldn’t make it. Since it was my day off, I thought that I could do it.”

“He’s sick?” Jonghyun asked, his eyes’ balls popping out. “How bad is it? Can I go see him? Will he be okay?”

Key laughed and patted Jonghyun’s shoulder. “It’s nothing we should worry about. Where’s Minho? And the kids?”

Without waiting for an invitation, Kibum just started to walk inside the house through the corridor that lead to the living room. Jonghyun, who was still too depressed about the outcome of his no-longer perfect plan, just noticed that the man was not with him when the squeals of his nephews filled his ears and brought him back to reality. Following the path that the other walked a few seconds before, Jonghyun entered the room finding Minki and Soo Jin all over Key, filling him with questions while the later just smiled at them and answered whatever questions they had.

Just then, his brother decided to appear again and as soon as he saw Key a fond smile appeared on his face, making Jonghyun arched his eyebrow, intrigued with this reaction. He switched his glance to Key and decided to study his face until the moment he noticed that Minho was in the room. When he looked up from the kids and caught sight of Minho his eyes widened a bit, with shock, that was quickly replaced with a friendly grin and a barely noticeable shade of pink on his cheeks.

Oh, he understood what was going on here. He wanted to make a snarky remark but nothing was coming to his mind and before he knew it Soo Jin had already ran to his father and was talking to him.

“Appa, look who’s here! Key oppa!”

“I can see that.” Minho said, still smiling at the other. “Onew couldn’t make it?”

“He’s sick. So we thought that it was better to have me come instead of just leaving you with no one.”

“Don’t you have to work today?”

“No, it is my day off.” Key explained, looking at Jonghyun then, feeling uncomfortable under his attentive gaze. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Jonghyun shook his head and smirked. “Oh, nothing, I was just admiring-“

“Hyung, what are you still doing here? Didn’t you say you had to go out?”

Jonghyun snapped his head to Minho and widened his eyes. Without knowing what to do, he forced a smile and batted his eyelashes. “It got cancelled?”

“What am I going to do with you?”

“But Minho, it’s true!” He tried to sound like he was telling the truth. “They called everything off the last minute.”

“Alright, alright.” Minho sighed. Sometimes it felt like he was the real big brother and not the other way around. “So you’ll stay with the kids?”

“What? But Key is here.”

“Appa, we don’t want to stay with Jongie, we always stay with him!”

“Hey!” He shouted, offended. “Ungrateful brats!”

“Let us stay with Key hyung, appa!”

Minho chuckled and looked up at Key, who nodded right away. “Okay, if that’s alright with Key.”

“Yay!”

“You shouldn’t be so happy for not staying with me.”

Both of the kids showed him their tongues and ran to Kibum, grabbing his legs to hug him. He patted their heads, smiling, blissfully and the looked at Minho, who suggested that his children needed to eat something since it was already time to do it. When all of them reached the kitchen, Minki and Soo Jin sat at the table with Jonghyun who claimed that wanted to eat with them and Key leaned into the counter, observing them. He tried to prepare their snacks but Minho refused it, saying that he already had done that plenty of times at the café.

When Minho finished, he his wheels to return to the table with the yogurts that the kids asked but he stumble on the blond’s foot, sending the yogurt through air, directly at Key’s sweater. Widening his eyes, Minho apologized, putting the glasses down on the counter and grabbed a towel, trying to clean the mess he made.

“Oh my god, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.”

Key grabbed Minho’s hands to stop him and smiled. “It’s okay, Minho, really.”

“It’s not!” He frowned, ignoring the three pairs of eyes totally focused on their interaction. “Look at you.”

“I just… Maybe I can wash it?”

“No. Go to my room and change.”

“Change to what?” He asked, laughing. “I don’t have anything.”

“You can grab one of my t-shirts. The first drawer on the wardrobe.”

Key gulped, embarrassed but nodded anyways, disappearing through one of the door that Minho pointed, indicating his room.

After a while, Kibum appeared from Minho’s bedroom with an already new t-shirt and with a DVD box, joining them at the kitchen. He approached Minho and touched his shoulder, making the taller turn to him.

“Minho, why do you have a DVD with men on the cover?”

The brunet widened his eyes and opened his mouth to answer but closed again when he saw how his children were glancing between him and Key. “That’s… hum… Jonghyun gave me!”

“What? Let me see!” Jonghyun asked, walking to Key and snatching it from him, inspecting the cover. “Ah no! That’s not what I gave you. This is low quality , Minho.”

“Hyung, watch your mouth!”

Key seemed confused. “What’s that?”

“What’s what?”

“. I’ve never heard of it before.”

“How can you not know?”

Before the conversation went any longer, Minho stepped between them and grabbed the DVD. “Guys, please, they are children here. Can we stop this conversation?”

As on clue, Key’s phone started to ring in the living room and he quickly ran to answered it. When he came back to the kitchen, he was still talking into the receiver and apparently he wasn’t too pleased. Jonghyun, who was watching him close, only needed to hear one name to rapidly latch up on Key, trying to hear what the person on the other side was saying.

“Does he need any help?”

“Jin- Onew, I can’t go now! Besides, you’re not that sick, you can do a soup yourself. Hold on!” He told him, glaring at Jonghyun who was grabbing his arm and throwing questions. “What?”

“Does he want me to take him a soup? I can go there!”

Kibum smiled but then turned serious all of the sudden. “No.”

“But why? I promise I won’t bother. I just want to take care of him. Please, Key, please.”

Unable to find the will to say no, Key sighed.

“Alright, alright, fine, whatever. Let me just tell him.”

“Yes! I knew it! You’re my new favorite person!”

“Isn’t that Onew?” Minho asked, teasing, seeing Jonghyun blush. “Don’t worry, big brother, I’m not making fun of you.”

Kibum chuckled and walked away again, so he could have a little more privacy even though they could still see him standing at the doorway. He told Onew that Jonghyun was going to bring him the soup that he asked and although Onew complained about how the other was kind of creepy, Kibum could say that he didn’t sound as resolved as before. So, after a while, Onew accepted that this was a reality and when Kibum disconnected the call, he only had the time to see Jonghyun waving at him and sprinting out of the door but not before of making him yelled his address.

Minutes later, Minho was also following Jonghyun’s footsteps out of the door, leaving Kibum alone with the two children.  

 

Hello everyone again! Here's one more chapter :)

We can see a little development from Minkey! And Jonghyun is still enfatuated by Onew !

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting :) See you next week