Three

Two Different Worlds

After almost two hours, Onew and the kids were at the park. Apparently, they hadn’t forgotten anything. Onew had prepared the snacks and made sure that the sun wasn’t too strong so it wasn’t necessary to take hats with them. The kids wore comfortable clothes and Minki insisted to take a ball with them. On the contrary, Soo Jin had said that she wouldn’t take toys with her because she only wanted to ride a swing and pick some flowers to give to her father. The park wasn’t far, and Onew had been there before, so it wasn’t hard to find it. At that moment, he was more positive and confident. Everything was going fine, the kids haven’t cried yet and they seemed to like him. They had even held his hands to cross the road, before he had to ask.

“Onew oppa, when we get home, can we play with my dolls?” Soo Jin asked, sitting on the swing. “Minki never wants to, and I think that appa doesn’t like to do it. He holds the dolls and stares at me, waiting for me to tell him what to do with them.”

“Hum, sure.” Onew said, asking to himself why the little girl thought that he knew how to play with the dolls. “We can try.” He added, seeing the girl smiling and shaking her legs to make the swing move.

“Onew-hyung!” Minki called, pulling down his t-shirt. “Do you want to play football with me?”

“Let’s go! But I’m sure that you play much better than me!” The older one said, looking one more time to Soo Jin before grabbing the ball and join Minki.

The time was passing by really fast; faster than Onew imagined. For five years old children, the twins weren’t that bad. They were easy to entertain, and the three of them were enjoying the day. Just when this thought crossed his mind, Onew remembered that he must have been playing football for too long and, eventually, Soo Jin would seat in a corner, really bored. When he looked around, his heart skipped a beat. He saw, with his eyes wide, a happy Soo Jin, still in the swing, talking with a boy. They were both smiling.

“Soo Jin!” Onew called, making the girl look at him. “Come here, let’s eat.”

“We’re not going to play anymore?” Minki asked, disappointed.

“No, not now. You guys need to eat.”

“Onew oppa, meet my new friend! His name’s Jongdae.”

Onew looked at the boy and faked a smile, continuing. “Yes, but come with me. Do you want cookies or bread? I brought yogurts and fruit, too!”

“But I’m not hungry.” Soo Jin said, crossing her arms. “I want to keep playing with Jongdae, he’s going home in a while!”

“Just come here! You can play later. Your dad left the lunchbox, so you need to eat!”

“Onew-hyung, how can I wash my hands?” Minki asked, looking at his hands. “I can’t eat like this.”

“Hum…” Onew didn’t know what to do. He hadn’t even thought about that. “Napkins! Use a napkin. Then we go home and you can wash your hands.”

“Wash my hands? We will not take a bath?” Minki asked, surprised. “We can’t seat on the couch like this, appa will get angry.”

Bath? He had to do it? To both of them? He had never done it before.

“We’ll see.” Onew said, sweating. “Now eat, Minki. Soo Jin, why aren’t you here yet?”

“Because I can’t eat with my hair covering my eyes. You gotta do me a ponytail.”

Ponytail? Well, it couldn’t be that hard. “Come here and I’ll do it.”

The little girl walked toward him, turning around. Onew hold her hair and the elastic she gave him and tried to get both things together. Minho’s daughter whimpered when he accidentally pulled some hairs, making him even more nervous. In the end, her hair wasn’t covering her eyes, but the way her hair was fixed couldn’t be named a ponytail.

“Done! Now you can eat. Minki is eating bread and a yogurt, do you want the same?” The girl nodded, what made Onew thought that the nightmare was over. It was back to normal now.

“Hum, Onew-oppa?” Soo Jin said, embarrassed. “I need to pee.”

Onew stared at her with a shocked expression, not knowing what to do once again. Why her? If it was Minki, the thing was easier to resolve.

“Let’s go home.” Onew said, thinking that he should just sit on the ground and cry.

“Jongdae can come with us?” Soo Jin asked, pointing at her friend, who was playing with some rocks.

“Not today.” He said, knowing that that had been the first and the last time they went to the park. “Say goodbye to him and have some cookies. You need to eat something in our way home.”

The kids ran in front of him. On their way home, he swore to himself that he would never take care of them again and that he would blame Key forever. Thinking about Key, he decided to call him. But he didn’t answer the phone, which made Onew leave a voice message.

“Hi, it’s me. Kibum, you need to help me because I don’t know how to do a ponytail or what to do when a little girl wants to pee when we are in the park. And what can I do to wash their hands? Oh my God, that’s all your fault! So I hope that, at least, you save some money to rescue me because I’ll be in jail in a few hours for sure. And you know why? Because Minho was too serious when he said that he didn’t want boys near to Soo Jin. And you know what? She has a new friend! Of course he’s a boy. What if I leave them at home and run away? No, that’s a terrible idea. I’ll just seat in the couch and cry because Minki said that they need to take a bath.” He said, disconnecting the call. Maybe he was too dramatic.

He was thinking about call him again, when the kids held his hands to cross the road.

“Onew-hyung, it was too funny today!” Minki said, smiling at him.

“Yes, it was.” Soo Jin agreed, smiling too.

When Onew was about to answer, the children grabbed his legs, hugging him. That was the first time he genuinely smiled that day.

“I’m seeing that the day went good.” A voice said, behind them.

“Appa!” The twins said, running to Minho and hugging him too. “We missed you!”

“I missed you too.” He said, looking at Onew. “How were they? It was hard to take care of them?”

“No.” Onew said, knowing that we would regret it later. “We had fun.”

The taller man smiled and picked up his daughter and held Minki’s hand in his other hand. “I’m glad.”

“It was super fun, appa!”

Onew giggled and looked around seeing that they had already reached Minho’s building.

“Do you want to come in?”

“Ah, no, I have to go. I have some grocery shopping to do and if I don’t, Key might kill me.”

“Already? What about the dolls? You said you’d play with me.” Soo Jin said, with a pout.

“I’m sure there will be plenty of times for Onew to play with you, princess.” Minho tried to reason, kissing her cheek. “Now, say goodbye to him.”

“Bye, Onew hyung!”

“Come over again to play with my dolls, Onew oppa! Bye bye!”

The kids exclaimed and when Minho putted Soo Jin on the floor, they both ran to the door leaving Onew and Minho alone. The coach reached for his back pocket and took off his wallet, giving Jinki the stipulated money. He then said goodbye, thanking him again, and quickly reached his children, entering the building. The three of them waved and then disappeared through the elevator.

               **

After filling his shopping cart and paying for everything, Jinki was finally returning home at the end of a long day. All he wanted was to fall into his bed and only wake up in the day after but knowing Kibum, he was having none of it. Introducing the key on the door lock, Onew found it strange how all the lights were out in the apartment, even though it was past the hour Key arrived.

Shrugging, he entered home, kicking his shoes off, without turning on the lights since his hands were full of bags from the grocery shop. When he reached the counter, Onew putted the bags on the floor and turned back to find the light switch but on his way he tripped on something, sending him face fist into the wall.

“What the hell?” Came from Kibum’s muffled voice.

Onew turned in the direction of the voice, with lights on now, to find Key sprawled out on the floor with his arm resting on top of his eyes. “What are you doing?”

“That’s what I wanted to ask, Are you insane? Didn’t you see me here?”

“In case you haven’t notice, Kibum, the lights were off and since I don’t have night vision, no, I didn’t see you on the floor.”

“It’s night, already?” The blond looked confused, with his brows furrowed.

Sighing, Onew decided to change the subject. “Did you hear my voice message?”

“I did.”

“So why didn’t you answered me?”

“Because I didn’t want to, now shut up, my day was too stressing.”

Jinki’s eyes went wide. “Your day? What about mine?”

“Jinki, they’re kids.” He said, yawing. “What could have been so difficult about them?”

“Well, if you’re such an expert about kids, why don’t you take care of them next time?”

“I would, if I could! But I have a job remember?”

“Let’s do it like this…” Jinki began, sitting at his friend’s side. “Next time Minho has no one to take care of them and if it’s on your day off, you go.”

“Fine. Deal.”

“You’ll regret it.”

“No, I won’t.” He closed his eyes again, leaning on Onew’s shoulder. “Oh, the fridge is empty.”

“I went shopping.”

“Cool! Let’s eat!” Kibum shoot straight up, like he was injected with an energy pill and clapped. “Oh, I almost forgot, Jonghyun was looking for you.”

“Who’s Jonghyun?”

“Minho’s brother.”

Confused, Onew shook his head. “Why was Minho’s brother looking for me?”       

“Well, he wasn’t exactly looking for you… He was looking for someone who could tell him something about you because apparently… you’re his muse.”

“Oh, it’s that creepy guy from the café!” He yelled making Kibum chuckled. “Yah, don’t laugh, it’s not funny!”

“It is! You have to admit it!”

Onew tried to glare at Key but the last one was so busy laughing that he didn’t even notice. Seeing how it wasn’t ending anytime soon, Jinki got up and pulled him to the kitchen, sitting him at the table. “Come on, shut up and let’s do something to eat.”

“Jinki, someone has a crush on you!” He giggled, clapping his hands on the table. “Jinki has a fan! Jinki has a fan!”

“Kibuuuuuum.”

 

A little later than what I've said in last chapter but here it is!

I hope you like it :) Let me know your opinions and, once again, thank you for reading <3