Twenty Three

Two Different Worlds

“Hyung, you can’t go on like this.” Minho scolded, pulling Jonghyun’s blankets and uncovering him. “It’s been a month, you need to get out of your house.”

“I don’t want to.”

Minho sighed, used to those words since he had been hearing them since what it felt like forever. “Hyung, please, this is absurd.”

Jonghyun growled and buried his head on the pillow, kicking Minho’s hand from his leg. He didn’t want to leave the house; he didn’t even want to leave his room. Nor did he want to deal with his brother’s nagging. Jonghyun snatched the blankets from Minho’s hold and put them above his head, hiding himself under them again.

“Go away.”

“Jonghyun, get your out of that bed this instant!”

“No! Get out of my room!”

Jonghyun heard him groan and then Minho took some steps and opened the door, only to close it a seconds after. Jonghyun relaxed and released his grip on the blankets, sure that his brother went home already and let him alone to bath on his own tears. He was being dramatic but he felt like the situation asked for it. He still felt like everything was a dream; that he was going to wake up and Jinki would still be on Earth with him.

Suddenly the door opened again and the covers were pulled away from him once again. Minho took advantage of his surprise to grab his arms and pull him out of the bed, making him stand. Jonghyun tried to resist but since he was too weak for not eating too much the past days, it was easy for Minho to drag him to the bathroom.

“Do us all a favor and take a bath.” He demanded, crossing his arms on his chest. “I’ll be outside waiting for you.”

Jonghyun waited until his brother was out of the bathroom and the water, starting to undress himself. He entered the bathtub and let the water fall on his back, sighing. His eyes got teary again just by thinking of Jinki and a few tears escaped. What hurt him the most was to know that Jinki chose not to tell him, he chose to leave without even saying goodbye to him. He needed to understand why but no one was around to tell him.

He stayed in the bath for almost half an hour and then he got out, still feeling depressed. In his bedroom, he chose some simple clothes and put them on, leaving for the living room where he knew his brother was waiting without even bothering to dry his hair.

When Minho saw him he got up from the couch and walked to him. “Are you ready? Your hair is wet.”

“Let it be.”

“You’re going to catch a cold and-”

“Are you mom? Stop bothering me!” Jonghyun screamed, startling his brother. “What do you want? Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“I’m going to take you out.”

Jonghyun scoffed and rolled his eyes. “I don’t want to go out. I want to stay home. Alone.”

“Well, too bad because I’m not leaving you alone.” Minho said, grabbing his arm to prevent him from turning around. “I know how you feel, I know it hurts but-“

“You don’t know anything, Minho!” He exploded again, freeing himself from Minho’s grip. “Kibum called you! He called you to make sure you knew what was going to happen! He asked Taemin to talk to you if he couldn’t make it! You knew he was going away, I didn’t! Jinki never told me anything! Jinki thought it was a good idea to leave without saying me anything!”

“Hyung-“

“So don’t tell me you know how I feel because you don’t! I’m the only one who knows how much this hurts.” Jonghyun whispered, accepting Minho’s comforting arms around him. “Why didn’t he tell me? Why, Minho?”

“I’m sorry, Jonghyun, I’m sorry.”

Once again, Jonghyun found himself crying in the arms of his brother, wishing it was Jinki. He grabbed the collar of Minho’s shirt and tried to imagine that the one who was holding him was the demon. It turned out to be a bad idea because Jonghyun was reminded of how he was never going to touch Jinki again.

When he was considering apologize to Minho and go back to his room, Soo Jin and Minki appeared behind him, holding his legs with teary eyes.

“Uncle, why are you crying?” Minki asked, pulling his shirt. “Why are you sad?”

“I’m just sad.”

“Don’t be sad, Jongie.” Soo Jin said, holding his hand and smiling at him. “We love you very much! You’re our favorite person in the world besides appa!”

“And I’m the luckiest person in the world because I have the best niece and the best nephew ever!” He said, kneeling in front of them and finally smiling. “And today you’re going to decide where are we going and what are we going to do! I want to have a wonderful day!”

“Can we play with the dolls?” Soo Jin asked with an expectant smile.

“No dolls today.” Minho answered, knowing that his brother would never say no to his niece, even if playing with dolls was the last thing he wanted to do. “We can go to the park or something like that.”

“Let’s go to the park!” Minki quickly said, leaving no time for them to consider stay home.

“Sounds good.” Jonghyun agreed trying to sound excited. “I’ll buy ice creams!”

Minho smiled at his brother’s attempt of feeling better and followed them out of the house. His children were grabbing Jonghyun’s hands, one on each side, and kept pulling him with them. There was no need to take the car since the park was near Jonghyun’s house so they just walked there.

Soo Jin and Minki let go of his uncle’s hands just as they arrived the park, running to the swings. Jonghyun went after them to push the kids on the swings and Minho continued to watch on the sidelines, waiting for any sign of depression coming from his brother. He sat at a bench and let them play together without interfering since he knew how good his children were at cheering people. They were doing an amazing work with Jonghyun.

After a while, Jonghyun decided to stop playing since he was tired and walked to the ice cream parlor. He waited in line for their ice creams and when he got them he called the kids and the three of them walked to where Minho was busy reading a book. Minki ran to his father and crawled on top of him, making him ignore the book, and almost stuffed his ice cream on his face. This made the little kid and her sister laughed a lot while Jonghyun only smiled.

“Uncle Jongie?” Soo Jin called, noticing that he wasn’t talking much. “Do you need a hug?”

“It would definitely make my day even better.”

The little girl lowered herself and threw her hands around his neck, hugging him tight. Jonghyun smiled with the sweet gesture and hugged her back, sitting her on his lap after. He nuzzled his head on her neck and blew some hair, making her laugh.

“I don’t like it when you’re sad.” She said, rubbing their cheeks together. “Please don’t be sad anymore.”

“I promise you I’ll try.”

 

And here I am with the last chapter before the final one! 

Since this one is a little small and we've reached the end of this story, if you guys want I'll have the the next one posted even today uwu It's really up to you, so tell me in the comments what you want :3

Also, this story has reached 100 subscribers today and I want to thank each one of you for this. It means a lot to me <3