Twenty Four

Two Different Worlds

“Kibum! Kibum!”

Jinki was rocking his friend’s body from one side to another. Said friend grumbled and turned to him, squinted eyes. “What? What is it?” He snapped, swatting Jinki’s hands from his back.

“I did it! I opened the Gate!”

Kibum sat up straight on his bed, hair sticking him every direction. “You did? You really, really did? Are you sure, Jinki?”

“Kibum, please, believe me for once in your life!” Jinki grabbed the other’s hand and pulled him from his bed, running through the corridors, until they reached his office. “I’ll show you.”

Jinki approached the keyboard and pushed some buttons, entering some codes that Kibum didn’t even bother to try to decipher. The air around them started to change and between the two metallic poles, the familiar black hole started to appear. Jinki smiled widely, proud of himself, while Kibum looked astonished and took a step back, afraid of being absorbed by the hole.

“It’s- it’s real… I don’t- Jinki, we can go back!”

Jinki rolled his eyes. “That was the whole point of opening the Gate, Kibum.”

"I know but…” He paused, laughing. “We can actually go back! We’ll see Minho and the kids and Jonghyun.”

“Yeah, about that-“

“Jinki, no.” Kibum interrupted the other, tired of having this conversation with the other demon. “We’re both going back and they’re all going to be happy to see us. Even Jonghyun.”

“He must be mad at me.”

“I think he’s hurt, not mad. I can’t imagine him being mad with anyone.”

“But-“

“I’m sure he’ll understand your reasons if you speak with him.”

Jinki sighed and smiled a bit, feeling hopeful with his friend’s words. “You think?”

“I’m almost sure.” He assured him, squeezing his hands. He looked at the Gate and chuckled, excited with the idea of going back. “Can we go now?”

"We need to tell Kyungsoo and then-“ Jinki tripped on a wire that was on the floor and that sent him straight into the black hole. Kibum stared at it wide eyed while Jinki continued to fall trying to hold something solid. “Kibum!”

"Not again!”

Kibum sighed and stretched his hand, catching Jinki’s, who pulled him into the nothingness along with him.

 

Jinki complained loudly when his front hit the ground. He turned around, groaning, and clenched his eyes to try to get rid of the pain he was feeling. He was sure this time he was going to make it painless but his clumsiness got in the way and, of course, he had to trip and send them both through the Gate, unprepared. One more time. He waited and waited to hear Kibum’s complaining voice but it never came.

The demon opened his eyes and looked around, realizing he was alone. Where was Kibum? He was nowhere in to be seen. Did they lose each other on the Gate? What was he supposed to do now? What if Kibum got lost in space and was never able to come back? It was his entire fault!

Knowing that he was freaking out with no reason, the demon tried to focus and, using his powers, tried to contact with Kibum using his mind. In a few minutes, he had found him.

“Kibum? Can you hear me?” He asked, repeating when he received no answer. “Can you hear me? Where are you?”

“Jinki? Oh my God, why aren’t you here?” He answered, his voice showing that he was relieved. “Don’t scare me like that, idiot!”

"I don’t know what happened, but I’m glad you’re fine. And see, we’re on Earth! I did it!” He was really proud of himself. “Well, I’m really close to Jonghyun’s house, are you near?”

“I don’t know, I…” He started, stopping in the middle of his sentence. “I think I’m near to the kids’ school. Why did this happen?”

“I’m not sure.” Jinki said, finally reaching his destination. “Hum, Kibum, I… Hm, I needed to… Well, you’re going to meet Minho now, right?”

"You’re trying to hang up! Even knowing that your friend is still far from Minho’s house! I can’t believe it!”

"Let’s meet later! Bye, I love you too!” He said, smiling and blocking his thoughts, leaving no time for his friend to protest.

Jinki ran through the stairs not wanting to wait for the elevator, since he was in a hurry to reach Jonghyun’s house – he hoped he was home. When he reached the floor and stopped in front of his door, he was breathing rather harshly. He rang the bell and waited for some kind of sign that someone was inside. Jinki was beginning to desperate when he heard a sound from the other side of the door. Someone was grabbing the keys and turning them. He held his breath and prepared himself for the next moment.

The door opened and revealed Jonghyun still clad in his pajamas, eyes half closed and messy hair. Jinki wanted to cry at the sight but he wasn’t sure if Jonghyun was enough awake to understand what was going on. “Jong-Jonghyun?”

The human’s head shot straight up upon recognizing the voice and he started wide-eyed and motionless at Jinki. Slowly, his jaw dropped and it looked like he was trying to say something but didn’t know what. Then he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Are you really here or am I still dreaming?”

Jinki chuckled lightly and took a few steps until he was right in front of Jonghyun, close enough to have their noses almost touching. His fingers blend into Jonghyun’s head and he pushed him forward, touching with his lips on the human’s forehead.

“I missed you. I missed you so much.”

Jonghyun’s hands settled themselves on Jinki’s back and he clenched his fists, crumpling his shirt. He pulled him to him and rested his head on the crook of his neck. “Oh God, Jinki, you’re here. You’re really here.”

“I am.” He smiled, still leaving feather like kisses on Jonghyun’s head. “And I’m not planning on ever going back. Not without you.”

“You’re staying? You’re really staying?”

“I’m never leaving you again.” Jinki said, kissing Jonghyun’s nose making him laugh. “Never.” Another kiss. “Ever.” He whispered on Jonghyun’s lips. “Ever.” He promised, finally kissing him.

“I love you, Jinki.”

**

Kibum felt his back hitting the floor. In a second he was in his world trying to find a way to go back to Earth as soon as possible, and in the next second he was there, lying on the floor with the headache that always appears after traveling in the Gate. The first thing he felt was the urge to punch Jinki in the face because he still couldn’t make the landing less painful. The second thought that crossed his mind was that he was finally on Earth and that he has to meet Minho as soon as possible. He finally sat and looked around, feeling nervous when he noticed that Jinki wasn’t around.

“Jinki?” He called, getting up because it was weird to be sat on the ground. “Where are you?”

He just felt more relieved when he heard Jinki’s voice on his head, asking him if he could hear him. While talking to him, Kibum looked around, trying to figure out where he was, understanding that he was near Soo Jin and Minki’s school. Which meant that he was still far from Minho’s house, where he probably was. When he couldn’t reach Jinki anymore, Key decided to call a taxi. During the drive, he was going to call Taemin telling him that he was finally back and that he would love to continue to work in the café.

However, when he was already ready to make the call, he saw Minho appearing from nowhere and walking towards the school. Maybe the classes were over and he was coming to pick the kids and drive them home. And it would be even better than finding them at home.

As always, Minho arrived earlier, having to wait in the school’s hall for the bell, which announced that school was over, to ring. Kibum couldn’t wait anymore so he just walked behind him, talking only when Minho stopped.

“What a great appa you are, huh? Arriving that early!” He said, smiling when Minho turned slowing and looked him in the eyes. “Hello.”

“I… I just, you… K-Kibum?”

“What? Have you seen a ghost? Come here and let me hug you, you beautiful person!”

Minho showed the brightest smile Kibum has ever seen as he approached him and, ignoring all the people that were in the hall observing them, kissed his lips.

“I missed you.” Minho said, his hands on each side of Kibum’s face. “I missed you so much.”

“We couldn’t open the Gate, no matter how many times we tried. But today, finally, Jinki managed to open it I don’t even know how, and here I am! He’s already with your brother.”

“I’m happy to hear that. I’d never seen Jonghyun that depressed before. It was scary.”

“Let’s not talk about them! There’s something that I want to know! Do you think that saying my name is a good way to say goodbye? I mean, I call you to tell you that he couldn’t see each other for a while and you just kind of whisper my name before disconnecting the call?”

"What? I didn’t… I” Minho was feeling his cheeks turning red when he heard screams and Soo Jin and Minki appeared and jumped to Kibum’s arms.

“You’re back, you’re back!” They kept screaming, hugging Key and starting to make so many questions that he couldn’t answer them.

“I am, and I missed you babies so much!” He said, laughing as he hugged them and feeling so happy that he has to contain himself to not start screaming too. “Let’s go home and then I’ll tell you everything you want to know!”

“Will you help us with homework?” Soo Jin asked, holding his hand, her eyes smiling.

 “I will help the one who reaches the car first!” He said, making them laugh as they start to run as fast as they could, leaving the adults behind.

“You’re going to help both of them, right?” Minho asked, holding his boyfriend’s hand, who leaned his head on his shoulder.

“Of course. And now I have to call Taemin or he will never forgive me!” He said, being stopped when Minho stopped in front of him and pulled him closer.

“I know that whispering your name would be a good way to say goodbye, but I actually said that I love you. I wanted you to know.”

Kibum smiled and was about to lean in to kiss Minho when they heard something.

“Hey, I don’t need to see this!” A voice was heard, making them look in its direction.

“Kyungsoo? You’re here? You came with us?” Kibum asked, totally surprised. The demon wasn’t with them when the Gate opened.

“Of course I did. I had someone waiting for me too, what do you think?” He asked, rolling his eyes at Key’s shocked expression. “Don’t tell me you never noticed that I kept my human form? Did you see horns on my head or something?”

“No, but I didn’t know that… Well, it looks like someone can actually spend time with you without freak out!”

“I know you’re glad to see me!” Kyungsoo said, continuing to walk and leaving them behind. “See you around! Say hi to Jinki!”

Kibum was still so shocked that he just came back to reality when Minho squeezed his hand and cleared his throat.

“Are you still here?”

“Yes. I was just thinking that, actually, ‘I love you’ sounds so much better.” He said, smiling at Minho and feeling happy in a way he never felt before. “I’m so glad I’m back, thank you for waiting for me.”

Minho giggled and continued to walk, but the way he held Kibum’s hand showed more than he could ever show with words. He was as happier as his demon was.

 

 

And so we've reached the end!

To be honest, I feel both happy and sad at the same time ;u; This fic was the first one to receive so much attention and it's all thanks to you, amazing readers! I want to thank you all again for supporting me and the fic all of this time. There was times I thought about giving this up because I just couldn't write but I'm glad I didn't. I hope you guys enjoy the ending :3

This is not last the last you'll read from me though! I aleady have some stories started, I just need to figure out which one I'll start posting first. But only after they're already halfway of the plot eheh.

THANK YOU! <3